“Very good location”

Hotel Montparnasse Daguerre
Ranked #863 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 March 2013

The high point here is the location: good neighborhood in Montparnasse. It is located in a very nice street, full of good restaurants, cafes, markets, groceries... Far from the crowded tourist attractions, generally surrounded by turist traps but yet with easy access to the main tourist attractions by subway, if you are up to it. Rooms: small, but I think you won't find anything bigger for the price we payed in Paris. Comfortable bed and good shower (small bathroom, though). Nice people at the front desk. We did not try the breakfast as it was expensive and there were many options nearby.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I, my wife and doughter stayed three nghts in a very nice, clean and double room (603) at the highest floor, We liked it very much. The beds were very good, two flat televisions, fast and free wireless internet, near three metrostations and in a street with several restaurants, bars and 24 hours little foodshops. The staff was very comunicative (english as well). The elevator is very small and you have to use stairs to get in and to get at your room.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Marcel H
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed here for just 2 nights but I would definitely return once again. If you're on a budget this is a great choice. Location was central, public transportation was nearby and easy to access. The staff was very helpful, especially Sophie at the desk and the gentleman who worked overnight. The room was pretty basic with old decor but the linens were fresh and the bathroom was very clean, that's what I find most important.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed at Hotel Montparnasse Daguerre during my integration trip at Paris. Having to stay at the hotel for a total of 7 nights, i was keen on reading reviews to be prepared. I was amazed at how many nice reviews the hotel had inspite being a middle priced property. I had to shell out 90 euros for a single room and trust me it was well worth it. If you take the location into consideration, you will easily end up saving another 10 -15 euros as many attractions are not too far by walk. The eiffel tower, louvre musuem and notre dame are all around 30-45 mins by walk.

The hotel itself was refreshing except for the lift as detailed by many reviewers. Thank fully i was booked on the first floor and had only a easily carriable luggage. Barring the lift, there is no negatives at all. The breakfast for 10 euros was just a tad expensive as there are several patisseries right outside the hotel. They hotel is located at Rue Daguerre which is like an important food street and you have all cuisines available there. A short walk to Boulevard Montparnesse where you can find more restaurants as it is a very happening place with cinemas, pubs and so on.

The staff were very courteous and helpful in all aspects right from providing with hot water for my tea (btw they do not have a kettle in the room, but can always have coffee/tea from the kitchen below the reception free of cost) to guiding me to the nearest station (which a 3 minute walk) and arranging taxi for my drop to airport.

Overall I would stay again and again in this hotel as long as I'm visiting Paris.

Room Tip: Preferably choose a room on the first floor - it's easier to carry luggage's If you get a r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Fazilbadrudeen
Reviewed 20 October 2012

The title speaks for itself. This time, we stayed for seven nights. As usual, the rooms were good, and the bathroom was almost luxurious. Air-conditioning was installed recently, but we didn't need to use it in October. The double-glazed windows kept out most street noise, but we kept it open until we were ready to go to sleep.

The steps up and down to the elevator are not uncommon for old buildings. My wife has a minor disability, but it was not a problem for her.

When we arrived at noon, the room was not ready (we expected that), so we left the luggage
and went our separate ways. When I came back a few hours later, the desk clerk told me that
my wife and our luggage were in the room. The clerk had called the handyman to take the luggage up. That was well done.

Regarding the location, it is not within easy walking distance from, let's say, the Louvre. But it's easy to learn the public transport routes, if you take the time before traveling. The hotel staff will be glad to assist you about that.

-- Steve

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank YakkinYeti
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Two friends and I booked a triple room in this Hotel as our base for visiting the Prix d'arc de triomphe race at Longchamp.

The location of the hotel is great, Rue Daguerre is France in miniture with market stalls on Sunday, lots of bars. lots of restaurants, and lots of local shops. An ideal place to decamp after trudging through the streets of Paris ticking off the sites.

The hotel itself is clean and well maintained, the rooms as in all big cities not massive but adequate. We had a triple room 603 on the top floor. Not the best room for those of you that are not climbers. They do have a small lift that goes from the first floor to the 5th.

We did not have breakfast, asd we believed there was lots of choice on the street, the staff where helpfull and spoke good English.

My friend said his bed was hard and affected his sleep, our twins in the other room were ok.

The price was ok, we got the triple room for £120 per night. Which was ok to say it was Paris.

I would probably go again, because except for my mates hard bed I had no complaints,

Room Tip: Ask for one on the lower floors,if you do not like the climb
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank BillCRochdale
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights and the first night we slept for almost 12 hours ... that is, the bed was just that comfortable that my husband and I slept right through not waking up. The rooms were a little small but I wouldn't say it put a damper on our trip at all. The hotel staff were helpful with what we needed. Be prepared to carry your luggage up half a flight of stairs to get to the lift and then another half a flight to get from the lift to the floor your room is on.

The hotel is a close walking distance to the Metro lines and you can we anywhere in Paris in 15-20 minutes, but we still found the 40 or so minute walk to the eiffel tower nice because you can see everything on the way. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple