“hotel from hell!”
Review of Media

Media
Ranked #1,397 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 12 March 2013

this is a hotel from hell. dirty, smelly rooms. no lights! we checked out after 20 minutes! crap crap crap! ppl had smoked in the rooms, terrible! alcoholics were lying on the streets right outside the hotel. We could hear everything! no fire safety, they wouldnt be responsible for your items in the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank theresa n

Reviewed 17 February 2013

The hotel was very good one considering the affordable price of 95 Eur that we paid for a double room in October 2012. The room we had been provided was newly renovated one, and it seemed that all 18 rooms of the room had been recently renovated, too, with modern furnishings. The hotel did lack out of some services, but who really cares of 3 star hotel services in Paris? The owners seemed to be from Russia, avery nice nd hospitable persons, always eager to provide assistance. There was a metro station within 5 min distance, but we generrally walked to the attractions, the most well known ones within 45-60 minutes of walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mher A
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We spent three nights in the hotel. We booked three double rooms, one for my wife and I, one for my daughter, son-in-law and three year old son and the third room for my son-in-law's parents. My daughter thought she had booked a triple room whereas she had, in fact, booked a double with a baby cot. Unfortunately her son was too big for the cot and the hotel staff were unable to provide a third bed that night. However, they were most helpful in trying to resolve the problem and moved them to another (triple) room on the second day. Other than that the hotel itself was fairly clean, although there was some mould on the shower curtain! It was quiet and comfortable and very easy to find from the metro at Gobelins or Place de l'Italie. We didn't eat in the hotel but found a number of nice bars and pizza bars close by for breakfast. Although not the best hotel I've stayed in in Paris, I would stay there again and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Positive things, the location is really convenient and the hotel has an elegant retro modern feel. The room and bathroom were light with a balcony. The bed linen was clean with no bugs.

The bad things. I paid for a day of wifi but after an hour the access point went dead and the hotel could not fix it (although they did try and let me use their own connection in the lobby).

The shower curtain is growing several species of mould probably as yet unknown to science. The water comes in two temperatures. One slightly below room temperature one slightly higher.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I booked this hotel in a rush last minute literally minutes before leaving for Paris. I needed a cheap room for 1 night and the reviews didn't look great, but for £50 I booked it anyway as I didn't have time to keep looking. It was really easy to find and 2 minutes from the metro stop gobelins. Check in was quick and efficient, they were expecting me and there was no issue speaking english. I was worried what the room would be like but I really liked it! I had booked a twin room for my friend and I, and the room had a double bed up on a mezzanine level and a single in the main room. the room was clean and had TV. surprisingly the bathroom was quite large and the shower was hot and powerful. the next day we were welcome to leave our luggage until 6pm which was helpful for sight seeing before going to stay with a friend. I couldnt complain about this hotel and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GoGoIndia
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The hotel staff are not Russians as it is mentioned above. They are Armenians from the Former Sovet Union. I and my colleague are from Kazakstan, which was also part of Sovet Union. They speak Russian and I guess speak Armenian too. I haven't notice any rudeness. They very kindly helped me to register in the National Library. I suppose the problem with English speaking guests is that the hotel runners do not speak neither French nor English.

We are not spoiled guests like West Europeans or Americans. Though I agree that that was the poorest hotel I'd had in Europe. We had booked it for 12 days. I and my colleague lived in places more terrible in my own country. So we were not shocked. Although my colleague had complained when the rooms were not cleaned during first 5 days. After that they dust it every day. There was a bad smell in rooms and sheets were not that clean. And as we lived right over lobby we had wi-fi in one corner our room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Serzhan_G
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I stayed here with a colleague in June 2010. She arrived a few days before me and checked in successfully, so I did not think I would have any problems. I was mistaken. When I arrived, the manager stated that he had no record of my colleague. This is after I got a bilingual guest, who happened to be in the room to translate for me, AND wrote down the name of my colleague. I'm going to give the manager the benefit of the doubt that he is not incompetent. I think that totally understood me and was trying to extort addition money out of me. He conveniently called another hotel and got a room for me for an additional 70 euros, which I decided to pay because I could not get in contact with my colleague and it was already late in the evening. I suspect that the manager has some sort of racket going on to prey upon tourists. The following day, I got in contact with my colleague and was finally able to check in...with a different manager on duty. Interestingly, a few nights later, I was in the lobby when I overheard a quarrel between yet another manager and an American couple, who had booked a room. Apparently, someone at the Hotel tried to contact the couple while they were in transit to confirm their reservation. But because they did not respond (remember, they were in transit), the Hotel CANCELLED their reservation. Without apologizing, the manager tried to set them up at another hotel. But unlike me, the couple threatened to report the management to the police and left immediately. Stay clear of this place because it is run by crooks!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business