“Basic hotel, does the job if just sleeping there.”
Review of Media

Media
Ranked #1,452 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
lancashire
“Basic hotel, does the job if just sleeping there.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We booked this hotel last minute on our trip around Europe at Paris our last desination. After reading reviews we were not looking forward to going. The hotel is very easy to find and is 1 minutes walk from the metro station. The area is safe at night and is the Latin Quarter which is the student'y area of the city. We had a meal 3 courses for 12 euro's up the road in Place Monge which is very cheap for Paris. The reception staff are polite and helpful. The hotel is dated including the decoration and basic. You have to leave the key at reception when you leave, as they clean your room and I am presuming there is only one key. This is an average cheap hotel which does the job.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kezminda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Naperville
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel on March 29th and booked very last minute, like about 20 minutes before we walked in on Hotel.com. We paid 89€ for a triple and got a quadruple. The hotel is average at best. The lobby was small and old with old crackly couches. The staff was nice and spoke a enough English to check us in. The room we got was on the 6th floor and on the corner. Very big as far as Paris standards go. We had a lower level and a top loft. The lower level had two twin beds on opposite sides and it had a mini fridge and TV, the loft had the queen bed and tv. There was a spiral staircase that led to the loft. The room was clean but very old fashioned. Old carpet. The beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and roomy, no mold on our shower curtain. It was a 10 minute walk to Les Gobelins metro stop which was very convenient. It was an average hotel, nothing special. The internet was ok as well.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 992AnaG
Sandnes, Norway
Reviewed 12 March 2013

this is a hotel from hell. dirty, smelly rooms. no lights! we checked out after 20 minutes! crap crap crap! ppl had smoked in the rooms, terrible! alcoholics were lying on the streets right outside the hotel. We could hear everything! no fire safety, they wouldnt be responsible for your items in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank theresa n

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed 17 February 2013

The hotel was very good one considering the affordable price of 95 Eur that we paid for a double room in October 2012. The room we had been provided was newly renovated one, and it seemed that all 18 rooms of the room had been recently renovated, too, with modern furnishings. The hotel did lack out of some services, but who really cares of 3 star hotel services in Paris? The owners seemed to be from Russia, avery nice nd hospitable persons, always eager to provide assistance. There was a metro station within 5 min distance, but we generrally walked to the attractions, the most well known ones within 45-60 minutes of walk from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mher A
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We spent three nights in the hotel. We booked three double rooms, one for my wife and I, one for my daughter, son-in-law and three year old son and the third room for my son-in-law's parents. My daughter thought she had booked a triple room whereas she had, in fact, booked a double with a baby cot. Unfortunately her son was too big for the cot and the hotel staff were unable to provide a third bed that night. However, they were most helpful in trying to resolve the problem and moved them to another (triple) room on the second day. Other than that the hotel itself was fairly clean, although there was some mould on the shower curtain! It was quiet and comfortable and very easy to find from the metro at Gobelins or Place de l'Italie. We didn't eat in the hotel but found a number of nice bars and pizza bars close by for breakfast. Although not the best hotel I've stayed in in Paris, I would stay there again and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Manchester
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Positive things, the location is really convenient and the hotel has an elegant retro modern feel. The room and bathroom were light with a balcony. The bed linen was clean with no bugs.

The bad things. I paid for a day of wifi but after an hour the access point went dead and the hotel could not fix it (although they did try and let me use their own connection in the lobby).

The shower curtain is growing several species of mould probably as yet unknown to science. The water comes in two temperatures. One slightly below room temperature one slightly higher.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Scotland
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I booked this hotel in a rush last minute literally minutes before leaving for Paris. I needed a cheap room for 1 night and the reviews didn't look great, but for £50 I booked it anyway as I didn't have time to keep looking. It was really easy to find and 2 minutes from the metro stop gobelins. Check in was quick and efficient, they were expecting me and there was no issue speaking english. I was worried what the room would be like but I really liked it! I had booked a twin room for my friend and I, and the room had a double bed up on a mezzanine level and a single in the main room. the room was clean and had TV. surprisingly the bathroom was quite large and the shower was hot and powerful. the next day we were welcome to leave our luggage until 6pm which was helpful for sight seeing before going to stay with a friend. I couldnt complain about this hotel and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends