“Lucky Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,477 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Tehran
“Lucky Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

We are from Iran.Our son was supposed to go under an operation at Rothschild Hospital so I found this hotel as the nearest hotel to the said hospital.Madam Saliha Slimani is the owner and the manager of the hotel.
I called this hotel as a "Lucky Hotel" because my wife and me had the best memories of our life at this hotel.Our son operation had big risk but we had good result:Thanks GOD.
Room was very clean.Atmosphere nice.A good outdoor place for smoking.An acceptable breakfast.Good behaviour of the receptionist.Good location near to the Metro, different shops, McDonals and PizzaHot but unfortunately no computer availibility to use Internet, although there was wireless system but I didn't take my laptop with myself.
In genereal, we experienced a good 7 days stay in this hotel and we will do it again in our next trip in Dec or Jan.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Computer & Internet
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AlirezaTehran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Caracas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2007

I spent 10 nights with my wife at this little hotel in Sept. 2007 and we had a very pleasant stay. The manageress and the staff were very kind, helpful, amiable and friendly. The rooms are small but tidy. There is no lift, but you only go up one or two floors and you get some exercise. Bolivar Metro station is less than 50 metres away and there are two other stations near by: Jaures and Coronel Fabien. The neighborhood is very lively and there is everything: Internet, international telephone, tabac, restaurants, markets, cafes, bakeries, laundries, etc. Madame "the manageress" even invited us to use a small interior patio (which I called "Espace Bergson") for our small meeting with friends, with wine and cheese (on our account) and glasses on the hotel. The ambience of the hotel is "all small" with good taste for details.

• Liked — Familiarity
  • Disliked — Small shower
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Monsieur_Varynas
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2007

As of February this hotel is under new management and we stayed there in June this year. The new management is very friendly and helpful and the hotel is in an excellent location convenient to all the major sites via metro (maybe 20 minutes at the most). The rooms are small but clean, and the price is very resonable

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2006

I spent one night here a couple of days ago. When I walked in the door the manageress behind the desk reluctantly interrupted a personal phone conversation for a few moments to hand over my key and point me to the stairs. I could see that the poor woman was extremely tired, but even so one got the sense that she'd have been rude even if fully rested. No elevator. The room, a double which went for 50 Euros, was a decent size but bare-bones furnished. Clean except for stains on the bedspread. Wool plaid scratchy blanket. Bad reception on the TV set. Otherwise not bad. Except for the TV blasting in the next room. Which was still blasting when I returned from dinner at 1 a.m. No response to knocks on the wall or on their door. Finally I had to wake up the management again so they could call whomever was in there on the telephone and tell them to shut off the set. The manager supposed they had taken "sleeping pills." Hmm. Fortunately it was relatively cool in Paris this week and I could sleep with the windows closed. Otherwise, because this place only has 3 floors, the traffic noise in my street-facing room would have been deafening. I know, because I tried opening the windows for a while to drown out the TV noise. The neighborhood is interesting and hotel is less than a block from Bolivar metro station on the obscure 7 bis line. But I wouldn't recommend staying here to anyone other than hearing-impaired, budget conscious travelers who are more or less indifferent to their surroundings.

• Liked — Located next door to my friend's apartment building
  • Disliked — Rude attitude of manageress
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring earplugs, thick skin, and your own washcloths.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank LaVictrola

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels