“Recommended”

Ranked #1,411 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Tel Aviv
“Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Location is right at the hip Bastille area and next to a street market, supermarket, cafes and a good bakery. The owner speaks English and is super sweet. The other staff doesn't speak English but is still very nice and tries to be helpful (you don't really need their help anyway because there are no problems). We got room #6 which had its own bathroom and shower - Everything was beautiful and clean for 80 Euros a night. They clean your room and change your sheets every day. We had no issues with safety or missing property or anything.

Be aware of three things:
1. There is no air conditioning. We were there at the end of May so it was totally fine for both of us (a girl who is very sensitive to cold weather and a guy who is very sensitive to hot weather) but who knows what happens during the summer/winter. They are doing renovations though so it might be changed already, definitely check their website or call them.
2. The keys don't leave the hotel - you give it to reception every time you leave and get it back when you come back. That's okay because there is a system that rings when you come in, so even if it's late and no one is at reception the owner hears it and shows up within 15 seconds (not more).
3. There are stairs- no elevators, so might not work for anyone with a wheelchair.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank h h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Easy to find the location. Near Ledru-rollin & Bastille metro and also can reach by bus. The owner was very kind and friendly. She really help us how to get metro from here to Gare de Nord and a few attractions places.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rose_Dowsen
La Jolla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

What an amazing place. The location was great, right by the Bastille and walking distance from the train station, Notre Dame, and the Seine. We stayed in both a renovated room and an older room but were charmed by both. The place is secure, the rooms all have balconies and lare French windows that let in beautiful light. The place is close to Rue de Lappe where we went every night for food, live music, and bars. Rue de Roquette is a street that connects you to the Bastille that has great food and nightlife. The hotel was in a trendy, affordable part of town and we were able to get around very easily. The staff was amazing and did everything they could to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. The internet was a bit spotty but that got us out and about. There is a Starbucks downt eh road with free internet if needed. Finding this place reminded me of staying in Paris when I was young and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to really experience the charm of Paris right in a busy, lively area that leaves you wanting for nothing.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms have much better showers and only cost a little more.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelsey N
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

i stayed in that hotel almost one month and i recomend to everyone, i was really well receveid by the staff, the hotel staff is a familly and they are all very kind, sympatique and always ready to do something for us, of course is not a 5 star hotel but have all the accomodations, private toillet, tv, internet... the hotel is situed in centre of paris in a safe zone, you walk in every hour the evening without any problems, i have been in several hotels in that area and for me that one is absolutely the best

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Tiago C
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

Back from our lovely trip in Paris! I was so amazed by the city. We lived in Hotel Baudin, a homely hotel situated in the heart of Paris: only 5 mns walk from the lively Bastille, 10mns from Gare de Lyon, 30 mns by bus from Chatelet…The building is a typical Parisian architecture. The hotel is in process of being refurbished; so the carpet in the corridor is a bit old-looking, but it was ok. They offered us to visit the rooms before, so that we could choose either a renewed room or an old one. We finally chose an old one, the blue room. It was cheaper (65€ for a couple) and so charming! And People were lovely, always there when we need them. We definitely recommend it. Here are some pics I took at our arrival. (I am a photos addict ☺, I took tons of pics of the city specially the monuments)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mayail
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I do work in the cruise industry, therefore I travel all year long extensively world wide
I visit Paris France approximately every 4 to 6 months for both vacation and business
I discovered Hotel Baudin 2 years ago, before Easter Holidays and enjoyed the hotel for the following reason:

This is a delightful, small and charming old building hotel near the Bastille area.
The new management company is in the process of renovating the whole building and rooms within is original Style and decoration.
I have always stayed in my favorite room # which is very spacious, with high selling, old classic fireplace with marble top
I usually spent 2 to 3 weeks every time accordingly to my schedule.

The location is great, very near the heart of Paris, le marais, chatelet; rue de Rivoli, the seine river and the Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral.

The hotel price is of excellent value, compared to other hotels of the same class range (especially from the other side of the town
Left bank, west side district, probably 30 to 40 % higher prices).

The place is very international; I have encountered guests at the front desk from different European countries

The Hotel Owner at the reception desk is a charming lady, very accommodating and always very helpful.

I highly recommend the Hotel Baudin to Anyone. I would definitively stay there again

Room Tip: there is no lift, climbing the stairs is a good fitness exercise
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank louischalus
Oslo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

Stayed in this hotel for the weekend. This is a beautiful hotel, however, they are going through major renovations and therefore it´s all a big construction site. But even then, the lady working in the reception was so kind and hospitable and caring that it´s hard to say something negative. She showed me 4 different rooms and I could choose which one I would like to stay at.

The room I stayed in was one of the older rooms with older bathroom (which I had chosen myself), and it was therefore cheaper. It had fantastic big doors to the big balcony. The rooms was def. old but since they are going through renovations I am sure it will get better soon.

The location was also central and close to metro stop. Also, if you do like to eat Fondue (which I love) there is a place in a few minutes walk (Le chalet savoyard).

I guess my advise is: if you don´t mind that they are going through major renovations (pr. sept 2011), and therefore floors are dirty, this place is a nice and affordable place to stay at. If you do mind, then for now look for something else, but make sure you check back because I think after they have made improvements, this will be a really nice place.

Bon voyage.