“excellent accommodation”

Timhotel Odessa Montparnasse
Ranked #1,104 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed at this hotel overnight before joining a bus tour in July 2012. Found this hotel to be in an excellent location, staff very helpful, rooms good and no noise and breakfast great. Cant ask for more. Fully recommend it anyone

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barry A

Reviewed 23 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I missed my connection from paris to poitiers last night and unfortunately had to overnight in paris with my two children 9 and 6. I had no spare cash with me so my mother said get to a hotel and she would pay for the nights stop with her debit card,after trying 7 hotels and was told the same thing that they could not accept my mothers payment over the phone I was told to ring Expedia book a room then they could accept my mums card. All this had taken from 7 in the evening and it was now 11.30 at night but expedia managed to get me a room at the Timhotel Gaite Montpanasse so me 2 kids and all our luggage walked to this hotel only to be told by a man in reception best described as a monster there were no rooms and to get out of his hotel although I had email conformation he told me pieces of paper are of no interest to him and to get out. I phoned my mum in tears she phoned expedia who phoned the hotel and was told there was no room they then told my mum they could get me another room it was now 12.30 and by the time expecdia tried to phone me the battery on my phone had gone so I could talk to no one, fortunately two ladies in the hotel heard what had happened and took me and the children back to their house for the night so if you need help or are in trouble do not go to the Timhotel Gaite because all you will meet is a very nasty bully who told me he cares for no one and just get out of his hotel and I think Paris is now off my list of places to go and see!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed here end of June '12 for 3 nights - our room was up a few floors and the window faced into the court yard area so was nice and quiet. Soom other rooms had doors opening on to this area which would of been preferable. Room was very small (not much bigger than the bed !!) but it was clean, had a good bathroom and only a 1 minute walk to the metro at the bottom of the street which makes it a decent place to stay if you intend to use it simply as a base. Could imagine the rooms facing the street a little loud ?? Dayime staff were very good - nightime shift guy made us feel very unwelcome. But this is France where you have to expect rude arrogance along with lovely chatty people in equal measures!! Didn't use the breakfast facilities. If using the Eurostar, you can buy a pack of metro tickets on the train and on arrival, jump on the metro aiming for the Montpasse Bienvue stop and in approx 30 mins you'll get off and have a very short walk to the hotel. The metro is very easy to use and if you're running out of tickets, if your quick, one ticket will let 2 people through a gate (everyone does it !!) The supermarket opposite the hotel came in handy as we soon learned that Paris is generally a scandalous rip off. On our 1st morning, we ordered an orange juice and a coffee from the coffee shop at the bottom of the road - the coffee was tiny and my orange was quarter glass full (a jug of water accompanied it) - 14 euros !!!! We ended up filling a bag with goodies from supermarkets everyday and picnic'd everywhere - especially in the Jardin de Luxemburg which is beautiful and free.Tried an evening meal at a recommended restauraunt (by my Parisien pal back home) and again, expensive and very average quality (Le Petit Cheval). No wonder my pal lives mostly in the UK now. Visited the Portes Vanves antique flea market which was one of the main reasons for choosing Paris and having spent many years visiting antique markets, I can confirm that the prices were such a rip off as to be laughable !! Yes, it's a capital so expect top prices but they are just taking the tourists for a ride in Paris. At 129 euros per night, the hotel was a relatively resonable price for south central Paris but would like to think you could get better with a bit more research so overall, an average safe bet with excellent position for the metro. Was glad to get back to "cheap" London !!

Room Tip: Request upper floor facing into court yard
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I've stayed in this hotel from the 15th to the 18th June. If you are arriving or leaving through Orly Airport this is a good point to be based at as you can get the Orly Bus and get off\on at Gare Montparnasse, which is close to the hotel. Metro, restaurants, supermarket (Monoprix) are very close too. The area is very touristy and busy. There is no safe box in the room.Reception staff is friendly. I would stay there again although next time I'd rather be in a quieter, more upmarket area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Hotel was small but clean and breakfast was plentiful. Staff beautifully efficient. Directions from the railway station could have been more clear, even though it was quite close however with the help of our GPS we found it OK.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The hotel was great, ,however the person at the desk tried to con me into buying cabaret tickets for 73 euros (claimed that the leaflet that I had was old and out of date). When I went to the venue directly, I paid 60 euros as per the leaflet.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends