“Great people, great service”
Review of The Five Hotel

The Five Hotel
Ranked #577 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Valletta, Malta
“Great people, great service”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

It was the people that made the difference for me during a recent stay. Tanya and Manon looked after me when I had a sore leg, and made sure I was as comfortable as possible. The hotel was fun too, and comfortable, and located in a great part of Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We spent three nights at the Five, and it was very nice. The staff there was VERY pleasant and helpful. The room was small by typical USA standards, but it was very well done, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was much too expensive for what was provided. Again, can't say enough about how great the staff was there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John-MaryAnne
Zermatt, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

The room was very small and with need of renovation soon ( some beaten corners, walls need new paint).
For the high price we expected a much better hotel. There is no kettle in the room and for simple, small cup of tea you have to go to the lobby and pay 4€ (!). The hot water in the shower ran out after 5 minutes.
The location is fine, but there is some walking distance to the near metro station ( about 7 min).
The staff is welcoming, very nice young receptionists, who help you with good advice.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shir G
North Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I had an awesome stay here. Thank you to all the people who helped me including the staff who provided me with maps and showed me how to get to the airport and around the city. I thought the breakfast was small and should have been free, plus I paid for it when I booked my hotel but when I went to eat something I was told at the concierge counter that I would have to pay again. 12 euro! For that, I could have gone elsewhere for better food, and I did.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
San Diego
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel photographs well, but in reality, not so good. Room is ridiculously small, the price is outrageous, and romantic it isn't. However, the staff is really nice (the women are hot), and the location is not bad. There are better choices, so shop around.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neutron73
05senses, Directeur général at The Five Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear ArtC3,

The Five hotel does not leave indifferent people who meet, since almost a year after you remember it.
Your memories are rather negatives and I hear your disappointment but important for me is to read your comment on our staff!!
Maybe our cocoon atmosphere does not correspond to your expectations, but you cannot mentionned we are liars with our pictures.

The Five hotel is the first Elegancia hotels created , I am sure you will definitely be satisfied for next romantic trip in Paris in other Elegancia Hotel and I would be honored if you contact me to speak with you about our differents experiences we provide.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 30 August 2013

LOCATION: Not in a very attractive part of Paris. Saint Germain is a better bet. Although this hotel is not far from a metro station.

ROOM: Small and furnished with cheaper quality. Rate was very high at 250EUR for a small room in a so-so location.

NOTE: All our reviews are not evaluated on the exclusively mutual experience at the respective hotel. Our ratings and standards are benchmarked with other hotels that we have stayed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dal-n-lana
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

From the pictures I saw online, I was so excited to stay here. I was very disappointed to discover that the super stylish looking room I saw in the pictures was actually a tiny room with a Christmas lights on the walls. There's hardly enough room to open up your suitcase in here and the bathroom is so tiny it's difficult to do anything in there.

For the price I paid, this was a total ripoff. The location wasn't anything great either. The food in the surrounding area was pretty bad too.

• Stayed December 2012