As we were travelling around France & Belgium we brought our car so wanted somewhere in Paris that was relatively easy to drive to and offered some sort of secure parking. Hotel Korner fitted the bill, had good reviews and was well-priced.
Parking was in an underground car park a couple of hundred yards away, booked in advance through the hotel at a charge of 15 euros/day; the normal rate was 31 euros and Ibis quoted us 25 euros for their hotel car park, so it seemed a good deal.
It's a bit removed from the main tourist areas. We tried walking everywhere the first day but it was too much and thereafter we used the metro, which is only a couple of minutes down the road - note that at present one of the two lines that normally go through Pasteur is non-operational whilst being upgraded but this wasn't a major problem for us.
Our room was small and there wasn't much space, only one person could realistically be moving around at a time. Wi-fi worked fine in the room and downstairs. It had a small free deposit box in the room, which was very handy - I doubt if a laptop would fit in and even an iPad might be an issue but it was fine for our Kindle and Nexus 7-sized tablet, as well as passports etc.
There were three really big pluses about Hotel Korner:
1. The breakfast was great - self service, eat as much as you want, nothing cooked but a big choice; three types of cereal, various yogurts, four types of bread, various types of croissants and pastries, fruit and fruit juice, a good range of teas and coffee, three types of home-made jam, ham and cheese.
2. Everything looked and felt very clean, you never had any doubts about hygiene.
3. The staff were, without exception, very friendly and helpful, it was always a pleasure to deal with them.
What are the downsides? Our room directly overlooked a fairly busy junction where you get traffic until the early hours and it starts up again early in the morning. The double-glazing will cut out most of that noise, if you don't mind sleeping with the window closed but it was hot when we were there and although it has air-conditioning it couldn't get the room cool enough even on maximum, so we had to have the window open and we were very aware of the traffic - but it did mean that we never heard any of the other guests. There are some rooms that look out internally, they might feel a bit claustrophobic as they will have a very limited view and limited light but if noise is a problem for you, you should seriously consider those.
So overall, our reservations were about the location but for those things that the staff and management could actually influence, we feel they deserve nothing but praise for their efforts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new address for you right next to Montparnasse. The hotel is only 5 minutes from the Montparnasse train station and 20 minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower. At the Hotel Korner Montparnasse you will find all you need, big smiles and a few more surprises ...Enjoy our renovated rooms, a good shower and a comfy bed to finish your day. In the morning from 4am (only if you want), begins our famous breakfast with homemade jams and freshly brewed coffee. Off course our reception is open 24 hours a day and we offer free Wi-Fi to our customers ... Plus lots of other little korners to discover during your next visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Korner Montparnasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.