Hotel Agenor
US$355
US$357
US$327
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$163
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$787
US$602
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmontparnasse towerno air conditioningquiet streetmetroneighborhoods
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Opted for this hotel because of its proximity to Montparnesse station and lots of cafe and eating out places with different cuisine all in walking distance. Since the station was really close, I could take metro to virtually anywhere in the city. It wasn't difficult to find and had decent room for the price charged. Person at the reception became really good friend and he helped us in planning our complete paris tour. He also informed us about the France day parade on champ de elysee which was the attratcion of our tour.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ravisin
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my Aunt for five days. The location was perfect- close to the train station, places to eat, bakeries, cafes, shops, at the Metro. We walked to the Eiffel Tower the first day, though that was quite a hike there and back. For later trips to Paris central, we could get there in 10-15 minutes via the Metro.

There is no AC, but in late May/ early June, opening the windows was just perfect. At night, we kept them open and I'd sit next to them and just enjoy the noise of the city.

I couldn't tell if the shower was just old or if it needed a better scrub in the corners. The rest of the bathroom was clean.

In our room specifically, we had a laugh at the light switch placement- on the headboard, right behind the pillow spot.

The staff was VERY nice. I admitted I only knew a little French upon arrival, and when I looked up how to ask for our room key (Thirty Three, please!) in French, the manager was thrilled. They gave us maps and recommendations for exploring the area.

Overall, I'd call this a great place to sleep, shower, and get back to exploring the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ren M
Reviewed 20 September 2012

For Paris is the Price/Value rate good. Very smal rooms. Simple Breakfast with industrial products. Around the a hotel some nice bars.
Tip: No spaces for cars around. You will get a Ticket very fast for wrong parking.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Henderson_de
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to Montparnesse station and price. We only stayed one night as we were catching the train to the west coast of France. It meet both these criteria well. It was about a five minute walk from where the airport bus dropped us at Montparnesse station. The room was clean, with a newly renovated bathroom. Yes the room was small but it was at the back of the hotel and quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful eventhough they spoke only a little english. The room appeared not to have air conditioning but was heated. There was a lift which was very small as with most Parisienne hotels, it stopped between floors on a small landing so if you are not fit or carry large luggage this hotel may not be suitable for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Hotel Agenor (Montparness) - After spending 5 nights at this hotel, I'm on the fence as to whether I would recommend it to anyone. If you're thinking about staying here, set your expectation bar on the lowest setting and you might not be disappointed. Extremely small room. Bed is old and tired. Carpet is desperate need of cleaning. Grout in shower is moldy in places. And in all my travels, I have never met a set of towels that needed to be relegated to rags more than what we were given each day. On the positive side, the water pressure in the shower was phenominal. By far the best we experienced on our trip.

Although the hotel is on a side street, there was so much street noise coming from Rue de Maine that both my wife and I had to use earplugs to get a decent night sleep. We had breakfast at the hotel only one time. Not a discriminator either way.

The front desk folks were very pleasant. But for full disclosure, most of them knew little to no english, which would be fine except their website definitely stated they do. If you're looking for an affordable place to crash at the end of each night with basic ameneties, this might work for you. We were a little disappointed, but I think we set the expectation bar a little too high.

Note: When we made our booking a few months ago, they were ranked #683 out of 1838 hotels in Paris on Trip Advisor. Currently, they are ranked #1071 out of 1838.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple