“Not a great hotel but it is in a nice area of Paris”
Review of Hotel La Louisiane

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel La Louisiane
Ranked #1,339 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The hotel is old. Inside it feels old, not really modern. But it is confortable. The room was clean. The bathroom was very clean too. However there is no TV in the room for those who wants to see some French tv shows! It's not a big deal since you are in Paris and have other things to do than watch TV in your room.
People at the reception were very nice and helpful.
I'm sure you can find a better hotel in Paris for the same price. But if you really want to be in this area of Paris this hotel is OK. If you walk in the streets just around the hotel you will find some very nice restaurants and boutiques not too 'invaded' by tourists.

Overall good and clean hotel but nothing exceptional. Great location for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Joriver

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Hotel is not simple- it is a hostel! If you want a hostel you can pay a lot less somewhere else. The bathroom had no shower curtain so water was all over the floor. The bed was horrible with lots of surrounding construction so not a good night's sleep either. No amenities. We checked out after one night, even though we had paid for two because we had to get out for our sanity!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rob L
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We did not sleep for four nights straight so you decide whether the good location is worth your sleeplessness in the end. Super basic room that sat above the noisiest bars and clubs in town and is on a street that is undergoing construction on top of it. Room was equipped with no blow drier, TV or working fridge. The elevator would stop working every other day and cleanliness was questionable. 2 super rude staff out of 3 I had to deal with so not pleasant in that respect either. I saw them interact this poorly with others as well so don't expect them to treat you any kindlier. Asked around and rates on same block were the same so consider booking one of the other hotels instead where at least you will be treated with respect, your room will be clean and quiet and you won't have to go up the stairs with your suitcases. I know because we switched and were happy the rest of our stay in the lovely city.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Goethe441
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This hotel is very simple, decor leaves a little to be desired. But I didn't come to Paris to sit in a hotel room. I need a place to shower and sleep. The rooms were very clean, the bed was comfortable and I always had hot water. And the location- wow!!! Fruit vendor next door,groceries across the street for picnics in the Luxemberg gardens a mere 5-10 min walk away. Cafes and bakeries and shops. Notre Dame,the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay were an easy walk too. Also, the staff was friendly and helpful. The only problem I had was street noise, but overall I enthusiastically recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank chrissysunshine
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Pros: Hotel La Louisiane is in an amazing location walkable from almost all attractions in Paris and surrounded by tons of restaurants, bars, cafes, and bakeries (most of which are open late). There is a market and a grocery store across the street. Staff is incredibly helpful. Free wifi throughout the hotel (but some rooms get a stronger signal than others). Wifi was important to us so we could Skype our family back home and the front desk was incredibly accomodating in getting us a room with a stronger signal (although still not the strongest). We had a room facing the inside courtyard so there was no noise. There is a fridge in the room as well.
Cons: The breakfast was an additional 7 Euro so we didn't get it because there are so many great places around for us to try. The bathroom had a slight sewer smell. The elevator was slow and only fit 2 people which made it difficult when you have luggage.
Overall we had a great experience. The location is AMAZING! I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank atso1212
Reviewed 16 May 2012

all i can say is location location location! i feel like a star even though i only spent 80 euros for a double per night..best kept secret.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank blackMinniemouse
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I regularly stay at La louisiane on my Parisian trips a two star hotel run by a friendly
team rooms are not big but clean clear and comfy bathrooms . fine
La louisiane has a tiny lobby with sofa and desk where i can plug my laptop it cost me less than 100 euros for my wife and myself. I love the surrounding food market ,lively cafés and restaurants filled with young people well after midnight.Parking is not easy ; i do park in one of the three underground parkings at walking distance (at marché saint germain or boulevard saint germain in front of brasserie Lipp ) and I try not to arrive before 8 pm because of the food carts jam.

Room Tip: Room 53 or 49
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple