“Great news for fans of Japanese cuisine”
Review of Shinseki

Shinseki
Ranked #12,485 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am an American who lives in London and visits Paris often. It was with the greatest pleasure that I discovered Shinseki, located in the heart of the 6ieme on a quiet, tiny street just off Blvd. St Germain. The food and service were such that I dined there two days running. Many thanks to Jerome, a Frenchman who speaks perfect English and extends the warmest welcome and best service imaginable. Heartily recommended are the carpaccio, as either starter or main course, and the maki rolls. The wine selection, showcased in a 'cave' in which diners can browse, is also superb. On most Thursday evenings, a jazz band plays in the downstairs dining room, adjacent to the cave. On may dine either inside or out and the exquisite food is also available to take-away. For we lovers of fine Japanese cuisine, the 6ieme is no longer a 'no-go' zone!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place was a great suprise. Just of the main road St.Germaine perfectly located. A small place with big caracter! The chef has lived in Paris for 30 years and has even made a fusion sushi with fois gras to honor the fact that he loves french cooking! I had the dragon roll and it was a dance on my palat, a beautifully balanced bit of food! I truly recommend this family run place, with their lovley garcon that had plenty to tell about the restaurant. Also they had a great selection of wines that are great with Japanese food.

I will be back to this place agian and again!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I'm pretty selective about my sushi, so I don't just have it anywhere. Therefore, when we found Shinseki near our hotel I was a bit skeptical. Turns out this place ended up to be one of my favorite places to eat in Paris. The sushi was top notch, the fish was as fresh as it could be, and the atmosphere was very nice. The price of my dinner was comparable to most other restaurants in the neighborhood, and very reasonable. To top it off, he staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Located in the St Germaine precinct this was a lucky find for us. After a heavy French lunch we were after a lighter Japanese dinner and we certainly hit the jackpot with this restaurant. Between the three of us we had the sashimi, foi gras sushi roll and the dragon sushi roll. We received a complimentary miso with clams before the main meal arrived. The food and presentation were superb and reflected the depth of experience of their senior Japanese chef. The service was also superb - very efficient and friendly and the staff are fluent in English. Prices are very reasonable, particularly for the quality of food. For the 3 of us the meals plus tea and mineral water cost 63 euro - we left 70 as the service certainly justified a modest gratuity.

3  Thank SydneyConcordian
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a new restaurant and they're trying hard to please. We enjoyed some of the best tempura we've ever had, along with some equally tasty gyoza and entrecote with the chef's "secret sauce". The staff was welcoming and friendly, and the restaurant was quiet and very clean. We'll definitely return.