“Enjoyed our stay in and excellent location”

Hotel Turenne Le Marais
Ranked #350 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Palm City,Fl
“Enjoyed our stay in and excellent location”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After extensive research, I came upon this quaint hotel online and I'm glad I did. Trying to find something that fit our budget, in a convenient location that had a separate sleeping area for our adult daughter, wasn't an easy challenge. One other requirement, for me, was AC, in case of an unusual warm spell, (which ended up not being unnecessary.) We found all these things and more at Turenne Le Marais. Don't expect a spacious room. If you've traveled in Europe, you know they are a rarity, unless you are prepared to pay an astronomical price. However, for the amount of time we actually spent in the room, it was fine. Do expect comfortable beds, cleanliness and a helpful staff. Unless it's included in your room price, I wouldn't recommend eating breakfast in the hotel. It is quite expensive for what is offered. Restaurants, Metro and shopping are very convenient. We were never more than a 15-20 minute metro ride from most of the sights, I would recommend Turenne Le Marais for a quiet comfortable stay in the City of Lights.

Room Tip: The rooms with the extra twin bed are fine but the extra bed is smaller than a regular twin. Best fo...
3 Thank countryhiker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Cypress, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Rooms are small but more than adequate. Staff is extremely helpful, courteous and available 24 hours. Location is excellent - near metro station, within walking distance of many great sites and near, but not on, a busy thoroughfare with lots of shops and restaurants. best of all, it is AIR-CONDITIONED - a rarity in many older cities n Europe.

1 Thank Regina B
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I went there with my parents and the room for three people had a tiny tiny bed for me, which was not very good. I thought it was a good idea to have separate bathroom and toilet. The walls were a bit thin and the guests next door have argued a lot.. Overall it was an ok stay, the hotel's location is decent and close to the subway.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The location of this hotel was good, however, the rooms could do with some updating, the furniture is very old and the walls need repainting.

Plus side, I had room 105 overlooking the main street on 1st floor, the room was huge, large double bed, then in entrance hall area a single bed a separate bathroom and a separate toilet, perfect for a family but at 200 euro per night I think pricy but then again maybe not for PAris and a good location.

Only thing for me was the noise I would choose a room on lower floors if possible ask for higher floor to escape the noise.

Have to say there was a fabulous gentleman who worked on reception he was brilliant very helpful as we were on business we had limited sight seeing time but he gave us a map and circled the places we asked to go and see and also how to get there he was cool, cant remember his name but thanks whoever you are.

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Boise
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We really enjoyed our three nights. The room was small but beautifully decorated. The staff was very helpful, even loaning us an electrical adapter as the one we had brought did not work. We loved the Marais district and were able to walk everywhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We needed a triple room and I had wanted to stay in the Marais district, and from a little research this seemed like a good choice at a fair price. Well, it was a good place at a fair price. Excellent location in the district with cabs, buses and a taxi stand just around the corner. Hotel has a lift, breakfast for a fee (we didn't buy) and very helpful staff. Most all of the desk staff spoke at least a little English. The hotel has a lift and free wifi. The room was very nice with a stand on balcony facing a side street. The staff helped me with all my concerns on transportation and even helped my wife find a Pandora shop for her bracelet. I will definitely stay here again if I make it back to Paris.

Room Tip: There was a courtyard out back, you might ask if any rooms face it, I'm not sure.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rayboy
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here for a few nights; all in all it's great. The hotel is clean, functional and attractive. The rooms are as one would expect in Paris and some are bigger than I thought they would be. The staff were efficient and always responded to our requests. The only thing that would have made it better would be if the staff smiled a bit more and seemed happy that they were working there. All in all good, will go again, but a smile goes a long way, that being said; it is France!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family