“Very enjoyable stay at this little gem”

Hotel Le 20 Prieure
Ranked #591 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Out of the way of the busy tourist areas but close by La Republique with it's excellent Metro connections, it's an ideal base to explore Paris from.
The room we had (401) was sleek and modern and was above expectations, cant fault any aspect of the room.
Staff also were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel next door does appear to be undergoing some major refurbishment work and the builders may be heard on occasions from mid-morning onwards, but it's one of those things which the hotel cant control and wasn't an issue for us.
Would definitely return again in the future, and highly recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel on my first trip to Paris. I was part of a group from Jamaica which included children. I found the hotel to be quite modern, and environmentally aware. The staff were pleasant and willing to assist with our every request and were especially patient with the children. The location is close to great restaurants and train routes. The breakfast which was included was an added plus with fresh fruits and scrumptious pastries every morning. Our stay was made perfect by this Hotel and i would certainly stay there again and encourage others looking for a good priced hotel with A1 Service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeneicebrown
le20prieure, Directeur général at Hotel Le 20 Prieure, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Dear Madam,

The 20 Prieuré Hôtel staff and I thank you very much for taking time to write this review and are very happy to know you had a good experience in our hotel.

We wish we could have contributed to give you and the children a good memory of Paris and its French welcoming.

We would be glad to help you organizing your next stay at the 20 Prieuré Hôtel and thank you again for taking time to share your opinion on Trip Advisor.

Best regards,

Benoit Breton

Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights - once before heading on holiday further south in France and once on our return. I chose the hotel partly beacause of its location - a few metro stops from Gare de Nord (for Eurostar ) and near to Gare de Lyon where we were getting the TGV to Perpignan. The location was ok and definitely a better option than staying around the area of Gare de Nord. We took the metro to nearby Charonne where there were some good restaurants to eat. In particular we found a really good Algerian restaurnat which served wonderful north African cuisine.
The hotel itself was quiet and adequate in terms of space/decor. Bathrooms were good and very clean. We stayed in 2 differernt rooms on the 2 nights we stayed there - both I felt could have done with a touch up of paint and the carperts were rather worn particularly in one of the bedrooms. That said, the hotel was quiet and reasonably priced for Paris. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Give the overpriced breakfast a miss - head towards Oberkampf Metro (5 mins) and you will find some cafes which serve good coffee, croissant etc at half the price!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed in this small hotel 3 nights with my partner. The hotel is maybe not a 5* luxury place, but it was a real pleasure for a reasonable price. This small and cosy hotel is located close to Republique which makes it easily accessible from the city center. It also very close to the popular and lively area of Canal Saint Martin. Rooms are small but well decorated and clean. WIndows face the small street which make the room quiet at night. Hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This boutique hotel is small but perfectly formed - 25 rooms, with a reasonable amount of space by Paris hotel standards, and newly refurbished to a high standard. Each room has a photographic mural of a Paris landmark on one wall.
The three members of staff we met whilst there were all really nice - very casual atmosphere, but keen to help - and between them they seemed to have a good command of most European languages!
We didn't take breakfast at hotel - there is a boulangerie at the end of the road (exit hotel and turn left) with good standard French breakfast fare at a much cheaper rate.
I would definitely return to this hotel on my next trip to the city. Its just far enough out of the mayhem of tourist traps but with great access into the throngs if you wish. This hotel is situated about 2-3 mins walk from Republic Metro station - so access to Gare du Nord and the rest of the city is easy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This is a gem in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. Right by Metro Station "Republique", very well situated in a small and quiet street.
Friendly welcoming by a young man at reception. There were green and gorgeous looking apple and croissants at reception for you to take. I thought it was quite nice.
The hotel has been recently renovated and the room was really nice and modern. It was clean and as for the size I would say it was really good for Paris. The only little thing that we didn't like was the smell of fresh paint when we first arrived in the room. Well we left the window open, spent the evening out and when we got back, the smell was gone.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Paris this is a little gem I can assure you.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I stayed at Le 20 Prieure for 1 night and it completely lived up to my expectations. First, the staff are outstanding. They were polite, accommodating and sincere and I genuinely appreciated their high standard of service. Second, the location is perfect, easy walking distance to so many charming neighbourhoods, interesting boutiques, shops, museums and Metro stations.
I had a single room on the 6th floor and it was small, but larger than I had anticipated. It was immaculate, and well laid out. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked! The room was well furnished, simple, uncrowded, contemporary but not cold or cheap. It felt like the perfect Parisan apartment! The bathroom had a standing shower and was clean and nicely appointed.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend you do as well.

Room Tip: Top floor offers interesting architectural detail!