“Happy to return to this hetro friendly hotel”

Hotel Le 20 Prieure
Ranked #555 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Close to Republique and ten mins walk from Les Marais. Small and clean - treated as an individual. Modern, large rooms. Lift.
Multi lingual staff. Very helpful.
Breakfast buffet (extra) has good choice. Small downstairs breakfast room can get busy. One member of staff on duty usually copes well. Fresh coffee and self squeezed fresh orange juice.
Luggage storeage.
Next time in Paris I'll be back !

Room Tip: No real view - but you will be out and about so who cares !!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le 20 Prieure

Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

This was my first time in paris and I chose this hotel based on the majority of good reviews. I had room 102 and it was very comfortable and spacious. The location is close to the metro which was perfect for getting around -I would say this area feels safe as I travelled alone. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There are no teamaking facilitys in the room but they provide free bottled water and there is a lovely bakery close by. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stay at the hotel in May for 4 days, the rooms were clean but extremely small, just an average hotel, the staff was really nice they all speak English, and the price is very good. However we did not like the location, is far from the touristic places, the nice bars & restaurants, after 10 pm at night is better to take a taxi to the hotel because is safer than taking the metro.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
le20prieure, Directeur général at Hotel Le 20 Prieure, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Sir,

I thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at the 20 Prieuré Hôtel.

We are very glad to read that you spent a good time in Paris, it was a real pleasure welcoming you.

You booked one the 5 single rooms of the hotel which are made for one person in the required standard for a 3 stars hotel, and we thank you for the nice pictures you have taken.

As for the location, I afford to remind the Trip Advisor readers that the hotel is only a few steps from Centre Pompidou, the Marais, Bastille and Canal St Martin. Moreover, with the closest metro station, Republique, and its 5 metro lines, you can go everywhere in the city, as for instance : Eiffel Tour, Champs Elysées, Opéra, Rivoli, Madeleine…

Our neighbourhood is also full of typical restaurants and bars that we’re always happy to recommend.

Taxi is comfortable and easy to find wherever you are, but the metro is still the quickest way to travel inside Paris. The city and its public transportations remain very safe even late at night (unless you keep your bag opened for pickpockets!).

Giving you the best memory of your stay is our greatest reward, we would be very happy to host you another time. Feel free to contact us before your next Parisian trip, we would love to help you preparing it.

With our best regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2012

It was our first time in France and we had a wonderful 4-night stay in this hotel. Everything was simply perfect! The hotel was really comfy and clean; room was nice and cozy; location is excellent (very near to the metro, 2 mins walk only). The reception people were really friendly and helpful! It is definitely a little gem in Paris and we will definitely stay here again for our next visit.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie L
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My partner and I stayed here for three days in mid-May and enjoyed our stay. The hotel is reasonably priced, near transportation and is not far from the Marais (i.e. not super touristy, which I always prefer). The room wasn't "corner clean," but other than that it was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Modest but efficient room; desk clerk consistently friendly and super-helpful. Free water bottle each day, as well as fresh fruit and pastry.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 6 May 2012

After days of figuring out the hotel I would be staying, I came across this one. I already had a room on hold at another, but was hesitant because of the photos. While Hotel Le 20 Prieure mostly decent reviews, I was concerned about a few of the negative comments.
Well, it turned out to be perfect! My only negative would be the size of the shower in my room.
Otherwise, the breakfast (paid separately), staff, location and comfort was just perfect!
The Manager, Benoit really knows how to run the hotel and make the guests feel very welcome.
Nice non-touristy restaurants in the area and the metro is just around the corner. Definitely a hotel I would return to as well as recommend to others!!

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor which perfect for me