“Room at the Top”
Review of Loft Paris

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Loft Paris
Ranked #46 of 185 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Six of us stayed in The Top for one night with 3 generations from 1 to 69 years old. We took the bus and found the apartment easily thanks to the good directions. We were met and showed in to the apartment and arrangements were made for us to leave our case in the office when we vacated the apartment. The Top is a good size which mean't our small grandchildren had room to explore.

There were tea, coffee, sugar, beer and soft drinks along with many other basics if you wanted to cook. Plenty of utensils and crockery although we only made drinks and breakfast. The bedrooms with their large beds, were very roomy and the towelling dressing gowns were a nice touch. There were plenty of towels for everybody and toiletries are supplied.

There are a couple of minus points - the stairs but we managed and if you plan your visit you can minimise the times you climb them. The situation of the toilet could be a problem but we were aware of its close proximity to the kitchen and didn't worry us. As previous people have commented, the hallways could do with a lick of paint but that is just cosmetic.

One very BIG plus point for me, a light sleeper, was that you couldn't hear any traffic noise. This was my 3rd visit to Paris and I had a very good nights sleep. All in all a real find and with 2 small children we were free to spend the evening together when they went to bed - something we couldn't have done in 2 hotel rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Great location? Yep.
Value for money? Yep.
Thoughtful and helpful owners? Yep.

That do you? More detail? OK then...

We stayed in 'The Studio', a lovely place containing everything you might need as a base for a stay in Paris: Well stocked kitchen, comfy bed, more information than you could shake a French stick at, radio, TV and, le piece de resistance, L'Occitane products in the bathroom. A nice touch.

The location, behind the Moulin Rouge, makes it incredibly easy to find when you first arrive and, despite the nature of the Moulin's business (and the business of the area as a whole), the appartent is tucked away down a quiet street. A peaceful nights sleep guaranteed. The nearest metro station can only be 50 yards away too. All good so far.

The owners communicated well before our arrival and made the whole process extremely simple. Billy was helpful, thoughtful yet discreet. Exactly what you need from an owner.

All this for 90 Euro a night, in Paris. So why not the full 5 stars?

Easy really. Although the place was clean enough, it was a long way from spotless. Dusty and a fair few cobwebs on show. Nothing to put you off, but reason enough to withhold a '5'.

Overall though?

Tres Bien.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RedddFreddd
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We recently stayed in the Top for three nights, and I found it to be a good - but definitely not perfect - experience. As a caveat, our options were extremely limited due to the fact that we were trying to find a hotel with two full size beds - so for the price and location I suppose you can see this was a "perfect fit".

Just to be clear to anyone considering staying here:

- What Loft Paris is not - a boutique hotel or a charming inn
- What Loft Paris is - a rental apartment with some basic amenities provided (soap, towels, linens).

Upon initial arrival my wife was a bit mortified by the dark/dingy stairway (think classic NYC building on "Law & Order"), but I wasn't dissuaded. Rather, what kind of bothered me was this really felt like you were staying in some college buddy's apartment - it really feels like one day the owner got up and left and decided to rent the place by the night. It definitely lacks some of the basic touches (cleaning supplies sitting out under the kitchen counter, mop in the bathroom, way cluttered), and I'll wholeheartedly agree with the comment about the bathroom being uncomfortably close to the living area. I guess I'd say I appreciate having a bit more minimalism in my lodging and a whole lot less stuff crammed into a small place.

On the plus side, the place was clean, our bed was comfy (including decent linens) and the shower was modern/nice (unlike the WC, which felt like a janitor's closet).

So, all in all this was a good jumping off place for our visit, and the price was reasonable (EUR 190 per night). But, would I stay again? Probably not. I think I'd check other neighborhoods and other options to see what else is out there.

For what it's worth my mother-in-law loved the place - so I guess it's more appropriate for some people than others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NYC_ADK83
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Our family of six stayed here for 2 nights recently and wished we could have stayed longer! A lovely(if a little quirky!) apartment in central Paris,handy to shops,restaurants and public transport(and of course The Moulin Rouge!) Fully equipped with everything you could possibly need even down to fluffy white robes! Would highly recommend especially for families or groups of friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Clare N
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

The loft was a wonderful choice for us to spend New Year's Eve in Paris with the in-laws. Francois was wonderful with providing all the details we needed to arrive from the airport on the metro. The place lovely, with everything you'd need if you wanted to make meals in or even entertain a few friends. It is about a half block from the metro stop and around the bend from the Moulin Rouge. There are many bars and restaurants nearby. As is the monoprix (supermarket). They have a phone for local calls and wireless Internet. Thoughtful touches like beer in the fridge, snugly robes and L'occitane bath amenities were like icing on the cake. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Estevanico
Reviewed 3 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for six nights. It's a great spot- just across the street from the Blanche metro station, right next door to the Moulin Rouge, and about a ten minute walk up the hill to the Sacre-Coeur and beautiful views of Paris.

It's located on Cité Veron, which is a small impasse- not exactly a road. You have a locked gate into the courtyard and then another locked door into the studio, so it feels very safe and is also totally blocked from the street noise. There are lots of trees in the courtyards and plants in the window.

The room has a mezzanine bed suspended over the kitchen which you climb into via a ladder. There is a spacious, round dining table, a huge red sofa with pillows, a fully equipped kitchen (we're talking pots, pants, colander, knives, dishes, microwave, refrigerator and 2-burner stove). There was a whole collection of Hitchock movies, some classical CDs, and a nice-sized TV.

In short this room was perfect. There were really only two problems- the bathroom is a little dingy- not dirty- but not sparkling and brand new. The other thing is that the walls are a little thin, so you can hear the neighbors when they're moving around.

My boyfriend and I absolutely loved it here. I won't be able to think about Paris without picturing this little place.

(Some reviewers have mentioned the street being dirty. Okay... it's Paris. Sometimes the roads are smelly. But we never noticed anything. And the street is separated from the house anyway by the gate and courtyard.)

And I almost forgot- complimentary Wifi!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alm1sf
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed for five nights in the studio loft, a small house (one room with mezzanine bed) with private entrance, nicely furnished and with a fully equipped kitchen. I loved the room, the decorations and layout. The location is pretty much right beside the Mouline Rouge, in front of the metro and bus stops, and at a walking distance to the Basilique du Sacré-couer. The price is a real deal. Francois and Billy were both super friendly and helpful, and often asked if we needed advice or tips on where to go. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends