“Always a pleasure”
Review of Hotel Caron

Hotel Caron
Ranked #500 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This was my third visit to Hotel Caron returning from business elsewhere in France and prior to returning to the US from Paris. The hotel is elegant, quiet and efficient. The neighborhood (Le Marais) is always exciting. Proximity to metro, shopping, dining and sites is terrific.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Second year in a row I made a trip to Paris and stayed at Hotel Caron. Happy to say, nothing has changed. Still an excellant hotel. Receptionist extremely helpful and polite. Rooms immaculate and well decorated. Mini bar well stocked and free. Internet free. Widest selection of movies of any hotel I have stayed at. And free. Great hot shower. And, of course, location can not be beat.

Looking forward to going back next year!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My husband and I booked into this LOVELY litle hotel for our stay in Paris.
We were greeted by a delightful concierge whose English was impeccable.
The lobby was inviting. Local snacks (Madeleines) were offered and were a pleasant surprise.
We took the elevator to our room which was PERFECT. Well decorated. Modern decor. Great desk from which i could work. Windows to allow in fresh air but when closed they prevented from the noise of the city to wake us.
Comfortable beds. All items in mini bar? Complimentary. Terrific bath and water pressure. Charming breakfast room. Very special space with a pleasant attendant.
A wonderful place to stay in the city center!
Signed a meeting planner for executives who books travel and hotel stays for clients all over the world. Really impressive place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foodbevconsultant
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We were able to spend about a week in Florence and Rome and then spend 24 hours in Paris on our way back home to the U.S. The Italians were absolutely wonderful but the French... well, they did a great job of matching their stereotype. Unfriendly, not helpful and generally standoffish.

The woman at the front desk was borderline rude the two or three times we had to interact with her. Our room was the most expensive place we stayed during our honeymoon and it was by far the smallest. The bathroom was the smallest bathroom I've ever been in - the shower was about the size of an upright coffin.

The bed was very comfortable and there was a handy (though small) desk in the room. The hotel looked very nice and it's in a great location. Close to the Champs-Élysées, the Louvre, the Orsay, etc.

We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Benny_Hill_USA
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I just got back from a 5 night stay in Paris with my wife. I must say that Hotel Caron was really terrific. It is located in a great area on the Marais District. We could walk to major attractions and the Metro was real close by. The hotel lobby was modern looking and clean. The rooms were ample, clean and quiet. They offered free internet, free movies on demand, and free minibar (water, perrier, OJ, Coke and diet coke, peanuts, kitkat and chips). We did not take advantage of the breakfast as we preferred coffee and a croissant outside.

For most of the time we were there, a lovely young woman helped us with our every request. She was very hardworking, helpful and kind. The rest of the staff was as eager to help, but they were not as effective as the young woman.

Overall, we had a really wonderful experience at this hotel. It has my highest recommendation and I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dms35
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We wanted to stay in the Marais and the location of the hotel couldn't have been better. The rooms were compact but smart and nicely decorated and furnished. The free minibar is a nice touch. I would definitely return and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Was there again for 1 night. Had the room n°52 if I remember well. Like I said in my previous review, the location is excellent, the hotel is modern and the staff friendly.
But, really, the room was terribly small. Nearly no space at all to empty your luggage. As I was there for 1 night only, it was ok but if you would stay 5/6 days, there's nowhere you could unpack.
The bathroom was also tiny.
I've been to many hotels in Paris and, for this price, you can really get a better deal.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple