“From Terrible to Terrific”
Review of L'Empire Paris

L'Empire Paris
Ranked #444 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Brisbane
“From Terrible to Terrific”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This was our second stay at Hotel L'Empire and as it was one of my favourite hotels in the world I had remcommended it to several friends who also loved staying there, so was so excited to be back. However, we arrived to find a disaster. The hotel was being renovated and we weren't told, I couldn't believe it and was almost in tears. Well, Sonia came to the rescue, seems we should have been told and to apologise, a suite was provided and lord, my tears of sadness soon became tears of joy. We had a lovely stay, the room couldd not have been nicer, the bed more comfortable and all the staff wonderful. I doubt you could find a better location for a hotel in Paris, you can walk to the Louvre, Notre Dame, great shopping at your doorstep, so thank-you Hotel L'Empire and Sonia, I predict you will go far in your profession and I can't wait to see you all again.

Room Tip: Have stayed on the ground floor with garden view and the top floor, both fantastic
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BevBrisbane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 September 2013

L'Empire is a wonderful little hotel with very spacious and beautifully designed rooms. We were there with 3 children and the family suite was just perfect for us. Renovation works ended now and the lobby is all new. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly, looking forward to be back there next time in Paris. Thank you Luis for upgrading us and taking so good care of us!

• Stayed September 2013
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We found this hotel to be just awesome. We were aware of the of the renovation and it did not hamper us in any way. We were up before it started and returned after it ended. Everyone was friendly, professional, personable, knowledgeable. Just cannot say enough about the staff. Our room was awesome, large and a view of the small garden. We had a kingsize bed, large soaking tub and a shower we could stand in.We had free Wi-Fi and a small refrigerator. We had room service breakfast that arrived exactly when asked for each of the 5 mornings we were there
The hotel was near two metro stops, lots of cafes, shopping nearby. Close walking distance to the Louvre. Sonia is wonderful to deal with. It was just awesome!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cardiff
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the L Empire hotel the hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff are highly professional in every aspect of their work always ready and willing to help in any way they can. I read on trip advisor prior to my holiday about some undergoing work being done on the hotel but was not put of in the slightest as I knew from my previous stay the professionalism of this hotel, the work being done is only in the reception area and is very minor so DO NOT be put of by it. I know in my future visits I will be definitely staying at the L Empire hotel, a massive thank you to all staff particularly Sonia.

Regards

Antonio Antoniazzi

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had reservation for one king size bed room. We read on the hotel's web site that we can add a bed for an additional person for $75 (for our son). When we checked in, they requested us to pay 120 euro for each day we stay. They told us we have to upgrade our room to get an extra bad. We tried to talk to a manager of the hotel (owner), but it was wasting of our time. He did care about money, not about customers. So, we have paid additional 600 euro for 5 night what was double price for the room. The room was very dusty. They brought a bed for our boy with used bedding on it. We asked to change it couple times! A botle of water 0,33 in the mini bar will cost you 5 euro. Very terrible hotel. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank NatalieIV
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 August 2013

And yes indeed we had the same surprise to found the ground floor under construction. Once arrived in the front of the hotel we were just stunned to see such a disaster... In a few seconds our image about our 4 stars hotel in Paris was a ruine.
A guy talking on phone, saw us and he said without hang up something « yes is here your hotel » and he took one of the luggage through the site.... Awful.

Then, no explanation from the receptionist... nothing. So when I said to my self out voice « why did I booked this hotel ? » the same guy we have meet the first time said « well our prices is lowers than usually and indeed is written on our web site » once we were in the room he added « you have a photo with the lovely Paris » Grrrrrrr this is one of those moments when you just want to leave...

So wasn't enough that my first image about a romantic hotel was ruined because of the constructions but the guy (maybe was the manager) he was traing to make me feel indiot as I did not seen his NOT WRITTEN NOWHERE announcement on the web site. So indeed there is written « just renovated ».

No customer orientated, nothing. Well the best publicity is the word of mounth so here you go!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cathy2011_11
serraturtle
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My mom and I stayed here for our first trip to Paris. We had such a great experience. Even though they were doing construction, the noise was not a problem. We were out of the hotel during the day and they were finished when we returned at night. The location was superb, very close to a main metro station. It was easy to get around th city and being close to the Louvre we could easily get directions back to the hotel as needed. It is located right off of Rue de Rivoli which is a Main Street with lots of cafes and places to eat. I can't say enough positive things about the staff, especially Sonia. She was so wonderful and made sure we had everything we needed during our stay. Our room was the Jourdan room. It was very spacious with a sitting area and a huge soaker tub. The only thing missing was a full length mirror. We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
GuillaumeccPARIS, Directeur général at L'Empire Paris, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Amy,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing L'Empire for your stay in Paris, and for the lovely comment you've made in our establishment.

We were all very touched by the understanding you showed us during this period. These days have been quite challenging for us, but our hard work is finally showing it's results !

The breakfast lobby is already available for our guests. It has turned out to be quite modern and design, and the reception area has been conceived under the same style.

We were very pleased to acknowledge that our staff's performance kept up with your expectations. We give top priority to the customer service, specially during this period. We're working even harder to minimize the inconvenient that the renovation might bring to our guests. And once again we thank you for your comprehension.

In the meantime, it will be with the greatest pleasure that we'll welcome you and your family again, if you ever decide to come back to Paris and visit the new Empire.

We stay at your disposal for any service you might require,

Warm regards,