All reviewsnotre damegreat locationrue rivolifamily suiterooms are spaciouswithin walking distancesuperior roomcentral locationsmall courtyardside streetthe breakfast arealots of restaurantswould highly recommend this hotelperfect hotelmetro stationlatin quartercroissants
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I stayed her for 5 nights in September and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is centrally located near the major tourist attractions and a block from the metro. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff was friendly, helpful and very professional. The service was excellent and they served a great breakfast. We did experience a water leak from the ceiling in our room the day before our departure. The staff could not have been more responsive and we were immediately moved to a suite. It's not cheap but worth the money, especially if you like some space. I would definitely stay here on a return trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Spent 5 nights here on our honeymoon, did a lot of research online before choosing le empire but we were disappointed with this supposedly 4 star hotel. Our room was one of three in the basement and I don't think I've ever stayed in a noisier hotel - cleaning staff bumping trolleys (sometimes full of cutlery by the sound of it) on and off the lift in the middle of the night, little if any soundproofing between the rooms, and music playing in what I can only assume was the laundry room around the corner, again in the middle of the night. It seemed like they've tried to cram in as many rooms as they can and have stuck these three rooms in the basement and promptly forgotten to tell the staff to keep the noise down on this level as I'm sure they would on every other floor of the hotel. The room itself was basic, though all you'd need to just go back and sleep in. It was cleaned and fresh towels left everyday. Breakfast was good, though the standard of service varied with staff changes. Outside of the hotel was essentially a building site and on a couple of mornings the work being done next door started early enough to wake us. Not somewhere we'd return to!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the basement!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I took my husband on his first trip to Paris this month and decided to stay at the L'Empire Hotel which I've stayed at previously. It is is an extremely convenient location to many of the key tourist sites and just a 2 minute walk to the metro. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations but they are able to keep it quiet and doesn't really affect your stay. Like my previous visit the staff were friendly, helpful, and always polite. What surprised me this time is the decline of cleanliness in the rooms. Our bathtub was never properly cleaned as I could see the ring of dirt everyday, the room was never dusted, the floor was covered in dust bunnies, our used cups were never changed unless I left them in the sink...this made my stay very disappointing and I will never return to this hotel or recommend it to friends. With a city that offers hundreds of places to stay this hotel needs to step it up a notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the street. It's quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MahinaGirl
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We recently returned from a 7 night stay at L'Empire hotel. We were upgraded to Suite 601 which was had a king sized bed. The hotel provided us with a great "home away from home" to come back to at the end of each day. The room was very modern and spacious by Paris standards. The bathroom had a good sized walk-in shower as well as a large bathtub. There was even a heated towel rack. The bed was tremendously comfortable as well and the WIFI service was pretty quick and included in the room rate. The staff at the hotel are the nicest people. Aude helped us with our reservation when we explained that it was very important to us to have a shower. Sonia and Yvon were there on a daily basis to answer our questions and provide us with great routes of how to get to where we were going. Everyone spoke excellent English and always greeted us on both our departure and arrival each day. We did not eat in the restaurant but saw that was was buzzing every morning. The hotel is really well located for tourism being close to a central Metro station, the Louvre, the Marais area, as well as Ile de la Cite and the Saint Germain area. The only "negative" points that I feel should be noted are that (1)the 6th floor rooms have to be accessed by a flight of stairs as the elevators only go to the 5th floor; (2) Room 601 has dormers so it is not meant for anyone tall; (3) The air conditioning did not seem to work very well but the staff provided us with a modern high speed fan that definitely cooled the room down; and finally(4) There is construction outside which I feel will be there for another year. The construction noise could not be heard in our room but it was a bit of an obstacle course outside the hotel in the morning. All in all we would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mebc
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This was our second stay at Hotel L'Empire and as it was one of my favourite hotels in the world I had remcommended it to several friends who also loved staying there, so was so excited to be back. However, we arrived to find a disaster. The hotel was being renovated and we weren't told, I couldn't believe it and was almost in tears. Well, Sonia came to the rescue, seems we should have been told and to apologise, a suite was provided and lord, my tears of sadness soon became tears of joy. We had a lovely stay, the room couldd not have been nicer, the bed more comfortable and all the staff wonderful. I doubt you could find a better location for a hotel in Paris, you can walk to the Louvre, Notre Dame, great shopping at your doorstep, so thank-you Hotel L'Empire and Sonia, I predict you will go far in your profession and I can't wait to see you all again.

Room Tip: Have stayed on the ground floor with garden view and the top floor, both fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple