“Fantastic service!”

Ranked #437 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Alberton, South Africa
“Fantastic service!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Beautiful hotel and very friendly and helpful staff! We really enjoyed our stay. The location was great. The breakfast was delicious although we had to wait for fresh batches to be made. Overall we will definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Spent 3 nights on a couples holiday in this hotel. We did not eat once in the hotel so cannot comment on the food, although I will say that there were plenty of nearby cafe's and restaurants. The room was modern and clean.

The location of this hotel is exactly where you want to be. For the novice visiter to Paris like myself, to get to the hotel just get the train from the airport to the massive Châtelet - Les Halles station which is within short walking distance to the hotel, very easy! Louvre Museum is within touching distance and so are several metro stations including the aforementioned which make it easy to navigate around the city.

If I was travelling back to Paris I probably wouldn't be staying in L'Empire Paris as I'd be looking for something cheaper in the same area. In a city where you don't spend much time in the hotel room I just felt like we had wasted some money there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Very disappointed, I booked this in a hurry for a last minute business trip and didn't have time to do any research. The interior is cheap, shabby and tacky. When you step out of the rickety scruffy elevator, you do wonder if you've arrived at the toilets of an undesirable nightclub, all Matt black (walls and doors) what was the interior designer thinking. Room was clean and comfortable but cheap and tacky looking. Didn't bother with eating there, despite breakfast included in the price as the restaurant didn't look at all inviting and was empty no matter what time of day or night it was. All in all, terribly overpriced and wouldn't stay again. Misleading to give this hotel 4 stars. If it had a complete makeover it could be nice as the location is pretty good.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

travelled with my partner and we were upgraded to room 601. a beautiful big and spacious room with superb amenities. great location, with loads of shopping around, subway right across the street, great pharmacy and restaurants around. i want to compliment one of the staff there, but unfortunately my memory fails me and I couldn't remember her name. she is the liveliest hotel staff I have ever seen, recommending us places to go for food and all and speaks perfect English. She brings us to the room and shows us around like her own house and she is even more excited than us.
Highly recommended to stay here.

breakfasts were almost the same everyday but good and the juices were great.

great job again to the staff that I mentioned above :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I booked this trip to celebrate my wife, Maxine's birthday. We had not seen the hotel but had booked it through Eurostar. When we arrived we were to be in a room on the fourth floor, where the television was not working, this was good news as room 211 was much bigger and we were very happy for the change of rooms.
The hotel has been recently renovated and is in fact still having a new spa built which causes dust and noise in the daytime.
The best parts of our stay were the staff and the coffee (strong and hot) and the location. We walked to the Pont Neuf in five minutes and to Notre Dame in ten to fifteen. The Louvre is just a ten minute walk the other way along the Rue Rivoli. An excellent location to be based in Paris I think.
There are many restaurants nearby and the one we had Maxine's birthday dinner in was an Italian place called Fellini's on Rue de l'Arbre across the rue from the hotel.
I will write a separate review for that.

Room Tip: Room 211 has a good design so perhaps any floor will be the same. We had a basic room so the Deluxe...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I stayed her for 5 nights in September and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is centrally located near the major tourist attractions and a block from the metro. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff was friendly, helpful and very professional. The service was excellent and they served a great breakfast. We did experience a water leak from the ceiling in our room the day before our departure. The staff could not have been more responsive and we were immediately moved to a suite. It's not cheap but worth the money, especially if you like some space. I would definitely stay here on a return trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brechin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Spent 5 nights here on our honeymoon, did a lot of research online before choosing le empire but we were disappointed with this supposedly 4 star hotel. Our room was one of three in the basement and I don't think I've ever stayed in a noisier hotel - cleaning staff bumping trolleys (sometimes full of cutlery by the sound of it) on and off the lift in the middle of the night, little if any soundproofing between the rooms, and music playing in what I can only assume was the laundry room around the corner, again in the middle of the night. It seemed like they've tried to cram in as many rooms as they can and have stuck these three rooms in the basement and promptly forgotten to tell the staff to keep the noise down on this level as I'm sure they would on every other floor of the hotel. The room itself was basic, though all you'd need to just go back and sleep in. It was cleaned and fresh towels left everyday. Breakfast was good, though the standard of service varied with staff changes. Outside of the hotel was essentially a building site and on a couple of mornings the work being done next door started early enough to wake us. Not somewhere we'd return to!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the basement!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple