“Large rooms, super clean, modern and location, location, location”
Review of L'Empire Paris

L'Empire Paris
Ranked #351 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I, on vacation, stayed for 5 nights before venturing to the south of France, in mid June 2014. Super location on a side street near The Louvre. Walking distance to Notre Dame Cathedral and nearby museums. Many charming sidewalk cafes, bars and bistros nearby. Terrific neighborhood!

The rooms are newly renovated and much larger than the typical Paris hotel room. The bathrooms were very new like and large as well.

The exterior is original old building while the interior has been completely redone. Unfortunately, in a very modern chic style. But still, very new and very clean.

The front desk people are nice, courteous and helpful.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room facing the courtyard and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our family stayed at L'Empire for 4 days. It is located very near the Louvre and Rue Rivoli.
The rooms have been renovated this year and they are comfortable and attractive with large bathrooms and modern decor. Breakfast was included and was delicious. There are many nice restaurants and bistros within a short walk. A draw for L'Empire is the staff. We met and chatted with the general manager, Monsieur Crouhin, on several occasions and he was quite kind. The reception crew including Antonio, Luis,Aimal and Luc were extremely conscientious and very helpful with restaurant recommendations, directions and baggage handling. They truly seemed to enjoy their jobs and their service was exemplary. Sylvia, Bruno and the rest of the crew in the bar and restaurant were great. We plan to stay at L'Empire again.

Room Tip: Room 403 has a nice patio area attached. Part of our family occupied 3 rooms on the second floor whi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank steve b
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We arrived in Paris off the Chunnel on a Sunday afternoon and had no problem getting from Gare du Nord to the Empire Hotel. I had read mixed reviews so I was cautiously optimistice. We were in Paris as a family (two children – girls 11 and 9) and I wanted one room for the 4 of us. I had booked one of their suites on Hotels.com and prepaid. When we arrived the desk agent was VERY HELPFUL and friendly. In fact everywhere we went in Paris folks were friendly – except when trying to get pictures of La Jaconde at the Louvre where the tourists were rabid!!). Anyway the check in process could not have gone smoother. The room was ready – we stayed in 401. They had our luggage brought up and went the extra mile to have the pull out sofa made up and ready for the girls. The room was big enough with two separate rooms and a decent sized bathroom. I have stayed in many Hotels across North America and felt this was on par in terms of size and comfort creatures. They had a well stocked mini bar which we didn’t use but prices seemed reasonable for Paris. Internet access was FREE and very good. We all were able to get online with all of our various devices. There were a bunch of extra outlets to plug in phones etc. This exceeded my experience in N. America. The room was cool and the temperature easy to control. Breakfast was included and was very nice. Really fueled us up for the day. Lots of pastries and cereals as well as hot items like eggs and pancakes (more on food later). After getting settled it was early evening and we asked for a recommendation for dinner. The desk attendant understood our needs exactly and recommended a few places close to the hotel that served good food at reasonable prices in a very relaxed atmosphere. We became very friendly with the staff at Chez Alexandre just across the street and ended up eating there three nights in a row. Everyone spoke English very well, which helped as my French is poor and my families is non existant. The hotel staff were also bilingual. We ate late every night sometimes past nine and the restaurant was always open for business and accommodating. They even let my youngest daughter modify her order which we were told was a no go in Paris – you get what you get no exceptions. Not true – on the last night she just wanted a cheese pizza and some fries – not on the menu but they accommodated her with a smile on. So with a big breakfast at L’Empire we just would snack during the day – ahh the crepes- and then Chez Alexandre for dinner. Life was simple. The hotels location is ideal in 1st/2nd arr and within an easy walk to two metro stations – Louvre-Rivoli (Line 1) and Les Halles (line 4 and the RER) and an easy walk to the Louvre and the gardens. We always felt safe in the area and exercised the usual precautions. The rooms were cleaned nicely each day and fresh towels brought when we needed them. The evening prior to check out we got a taxi arranged for us and it showed up exactly on time. The trip to CDG at 730 in the morning took about 40 minutes. The airport itself is very bust and I would recommend three hours arrival if you are traveling internationally. We ended up getting through it all without problems.

If you are looking to take your family to Paris and want to go with the one room option I would highly recommend the L’Empire. Staff – A+, Location A+, Amenities A+, Rooms A (would not recommend the sofa bed for larger teenagers however it might be a bit small but our bed was a King), Surrounding restaurants A+ (although not fine dining – just a great family atmosphere with a lot of great people – we were not in Paris to enjoy their high ended eateries). Access A+ (great internet – free, easy walks to metro, easy walk to Seinne)

By the way if you are going with the Paris Pass (which I have mixed feelings about) its about a 20 minutes walk from the Hotel to pick them up. The city has a bike sharing program that if I had researched in advanced I would have availed myself of – it would have been a short bike ride to the Paris Pass center. Its referred to as the Velib and you can arrange a pass code on line prior to your visit. Very affordable. I will be staying at L’Empire next time I am in Paris.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bradley D
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The best part about the hotel is it's location. It's close to most of the tourist attraction in Paris. There are lots of restaurants around it, there are a couple of convenient stores next to eat. And a laundry mat behind it.

The exterior part of hotel, it's an old building so there is some charm. Inside is ok. Nothing fancy. Now the room, it is pretty good size not tight. Bathroom is ok too, but when you take a shower, water would flood the floor a little, there is just half wall enclosure. The bed is comfy, but they just have the fitted sheet then comforter. Maybe I'm just used to having sheets. The decorative pillow, I guess it's for decoration only, I don't think they clean it often. Ours wasn't clean. The remote control has a missing lid on the battery area. The sheer curtain has some stain and a little distressed in the bottom. Not too noticeable. Don't get me wrong, they keep the room neat, I just think they need to pay attention to little things like I mentioned above.

One more thing, if you're going to argue with your husband, don't talk loud or the next room can hear you.

The service was excellent. the front desk person and pretty much everyone was very accommodating. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel in early June for 3 nights. It's a great hotel in a great location. Easy walk to the Eiffel Tower, Champ de Mars accross the street from Invalides, we also walked to the Arch, Notre Dame and Sacre Cure (sp?). You can catch the hop on hop off in front of Invalides, very easy walk. Special shout out to Hakeem the night front desk person. He was very helpful and accomodating. Hit a store and buy a 5 euro bottle of wine, better than most 50.00 in the US. No compaints whatsoever.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fat-Monkey-Face
Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a fantastic location! Just on a quaint side street just off Rue de Rivoli, this modern property offered the best of both worlds. The hotel staff always very friendly and professional. It was so refreshing to have the reception staff remember your name and greet you with a smile. These are the small details that make the difference.

Rooms are decent in size, nice bathroom and all the room essentials are available. Being so close to all the action, the essentials are really all you need.

Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed in the family suite for three nights and absolutely LOVED this hotel. We staynin the napoleon suite whichnhad two sofa beds that closedmoff to separate room with two teenagers they watched own flat screen, did wifi and facebook as wifinis freeThe location is two short blocks from the Louvre and is in a great locations with cafes and restaurants nearby. The service at the hotel was great and having a hot and cold buffet with the regular items as well as lox and other delicacies really made this worth it. Sonia and the other men at front desk were the best and the manager Guillome assisted me prior to the visit I will stay again!

Room Tip: Call the hotel ahead of time, they gave me lots of assistance
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family