“Great central location”

Ranked #20 of 173 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Whangarei
“Great central location”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our family, 2 adults and 2 children ages 10 and 12 stayed here for six nights this month. The apartment we stayed in was a 2brm apartment with small kitchenette, bathroom, separate bedroom and living area where a sofa bed had been turned into a double bed for the children. The apartments are right in the middle of Paris, close walk to the Opera, great shopping all around (although a little bit hectic for us) and about a 15 minute walk down to the Louvre and River Seine etc. Apart from early morning noise from the supermarket workers (which we actually got used to and was only really apparent probably from our apartment on the first floor) it was a really lovely, clean, well appointed room with sufficient space to cook meals. We rearranged the room a little bit so that we could all sit around the table to eat. Staff were friendly and we enjoyed our stay. We liked the fact that the supermarket was underground next door, easy access to supplies. Paris offers bike stations where you can collect bikes and ride anywhere, we really enjoyed this part of our stay - although children need to be confident riders around the city.....

Room Tip: If you don't want to be woken early, choose rooms a bit higher than the 1st, 2nd floors and faci...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank OscarWhangarei

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We travel a lot every year as our business involves traveling and we stayed in residehome for 8 days and the stay was pretty nice and pleasant. We were four people staying the beds in the living area were not that comfortable but we managed. We are from India and are vegetarian for people like us there are few options to eat so we took an apartment but the kitchen was very very small and so was the fridge. Best part was express service cleaning of apartments.
Shopping was just 50 meters away with Lafayette's nd printemps over our head and so was huge supermarket mono pix. In short the location it was plus plus and plus awesome and very convienent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and I was very happy with its cleanness and its location. It can be both preferred by families and singles. The price was comparatively good for a hotel in Paris city center.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I can see why some people have a hard time finding this hotel, but we were fortunate enough to be with friends that live in Paris and had a GPS that got us right to it. Being off the beaten path, but still in the heart of the city, is a plus in my book. Having minimal traffic going by is great for a low noise level. You don't have to dodge traffic every time you go out the front door.

The room we had was microscopically small, but yet efficient. The bathroom was more than adequate. The tiny kitchen area was well stocked. We did rearrange chairs and side tables to accommodate a place to put luggage and walk. I highly recommend the Monoprix store around the corner to stock up on food and wine.

The staff was not the best, but they were nice enough to us. We did have Wi-Fi with no issues. We did, however, have a problem the last day trying to get luggage downstairs via the elevator. The main elevator was being serviced (no signs to let you know), and when they told us about the second elevator, it was stopped on a floor for a looooong time, so that took longer than anticipated.

All in all, it was an okay place to stay for a few nights, but not sure I would call it a four star hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen M
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I'm an American living in Germany and a friend and I decided to go to Paris for 3 days to sight-see. We took the train there and when we got off the train, the hotel was difficult to find. Joubert street is not somewhere easily found, in fact it took us an hour to go in a circle until we found it, even though we found Printemps very easily (which the hotel is located within walking distance from). Anyway, besides the location of the hotel initially being difficult to find, the hotel does have in its favor location. it's very close to many main Metro subway lines that can take you to the main parts of Paris to sight-see.

The reason for my one star review is the front desk staff. They are INCREDIBLY rude. I don't know who they think they are, but both my friend and I had terrible encounters with them. When arriving at the hotel at 1pm, it was before the check-in time which was 3pm. So they told us we could store our luggage there until later in the day. Well, there's only one storage room for luggage in the lobby. Mind you, it's not locked and it's a mess - luggage just stacked on top of one another. The front desk clerk - a man with glasses and dark hair said it was full, so told us to store our luggage next to the front desk alongside of it. I'm from NY originally, so weary of Paris pickpockets and people stealing. I asked him well, is there some kind of system in place where at least a tag is put on the bag and we can claim our luggage later by matching our name to an ID? Anyone could just walk off the street into the hotel and take our luggage and leave with it, and the hotel staff wouldn't even notice or know that it's not the right person. He gave me a terrible French attitude (I had asked nicely), and said he didn't understand what I was talking about. So I repeated (nicely) my inquiry. He said 'no, that's not do-able'. Then he proceeded to turn to his colleague sitting next to me and talk about me in French in a bad way. By the way, I know he was talking about me, it was so obvious. We ended up leaving our luggage there next to the desk, much to my chagrin. When we arrived back at the hotel later, Mr. 'Personality' at the front desk asked me sarcastically, 'Is your luggage gone or is it still there?" I almost punched him. Then my friend had an experience when we were checking out of the hotel (I was using the restroom so didn't see this), where she went into the luggage room to get our luggage and was struggling to remove many other luggages dumped on top of ours. She turned to ask the front desk (the main lobby is small), if someone could help her. The two idiots at the front desk just stared at her. It was Mr. personality and some other lady who ignored her completely. A nice man in his 60's that happened to be in the lobby saw my friend struggling with trying to get the luggage out and offered to help her.

The location of the hotel is good; the room was small (but that's Europe for you), but clean. The issue is, if you want CUSTOMER SERVICE stay in a MARRIOTT or Hilton. Don't stay here. The front desk staff was so awful they made our stay unpleasant hence the 1 stay review. There are better places to stay in Paris with hopefully better service than this. We're after all, paying customers, get some manners.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tina988
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

location closed to Printemps and RER E but not easy to find because the hotel locates at the back of main street.
Not able to access internet using wifi even connected to their network, and the staff would never help you.
Called to enquire if the reservation can be modified, the staff would provide misleading answer and ends up penalise by them. They would not commit they have provide such information, and you would not be able to contact again the staff who you have talked to nor the manager, they must be off duty or day off when you want to talk to them.
Both elevators out of order at 9 p.m.
Low level of security. The left luggage service is self service, no tags, you put your suitcase into a room on your own just next to the entrance of the hotel, anyone can access the hotel and enters luggage room, no staff would bother to care who takes the luggage.
Rooms are small but acceptable given the room rate with its location. But I would not stay here again even if it is free because of its service standard and those unfriendly, rude and arrongant staff, this would definitely spoil your vacation.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Lanjai
Pleasanton, CA
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The location is great, near many of the attractions of Paris. The front desk was less than friendly and I didn't feel it was a good value. We never used the kitchen as we spent too much time outside the hotel so that was really a waste. If you stay here you will also need to keep the windows closed as the street is very busy and noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends