“Handy Location”

Residhome Paris-Opera
Ranked #21 of 187 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here on our last days in Paris before flying home. We found it very convenient to shops and eateries. Our room was really good but my parents room, although a really nice room, was a bit on the small side for them. We went to the Anzac Day service at Villers Bretonneaux and had to leave during the night, not returning until next night. We were happy that it was close to shops and easy to find for my aging parents (79) and didn't have to worry that they might get lost. The rooms were very clean and bathroom was modern and had a small kitchenette which was handy. They were very obliging about leaving our luggage there for the day of our late night flight. The staff we encountered during our stay were wonderful and friendly. It is a great location, would stay again just make sure you get a larger room. Not too many TV stations to choose from but we found that all way through Europe. Had no problems with our WiFi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki B

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I loved my experience at residome opera paris. 1. The location was excellent, minutes walk from big department stores, multiple stations and bus stops (including the airport bus, which is called Roissybus). The opera house is also very close, where we spend our very early morning time very happily (due to jetleg). 2. People were very friendly, especially the skinny middle age gentleman (with some grey hair). When I asked for help with the electric burner, they sent me the technician right away (which is not possible in the US), who explained me how to operate with all the nice smiles. 3. And, most importantly, the breakfast. Everything they served were fresh and I could feel their effort to make them fresh, yummy, and warm (or cold if it was supposed to be cold). The only issue about the breakfast was that they didn't change the menu at all during our stay (3 days). But, still, I like it much better than a lot of things and many changes but with poor quality. It was a great hotel, where I will definitely go back when I can!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ester3577
Reviewed 30 May 2014

They gave us an ilegal room. Besides it was a reduced mobility room (we didn't ask for that), the worst part: THE WINDOW COULD NOT BE OPENED, we asked the staff on the front desk why was not possible to open the window and they said that recently someone jump over the window and there was no way to open it. The result: a very small room of max. 10 sq meters with a kitchen included with NO VENTILATION and tones of bacteria around. We had the sensation of drowning and suffered heavy headaches because of the lack of fresh air. An inspection should be conducted to this hotel, this in not a way to treat guests who pay more than 200 euros a night for a room. We want to warn specially people with child as it can be VERY DANGEROUS for them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LBJH
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am half-way through my stay here and aside from 2 nice staff members, it has been abysmal. Hopefully management will read this before I check out and do something because next step is to contact AMEX to dispute/suspend the large sum of money paid in advance.

1) WiFi mostly not working
2) TV at times not working....now it's working, but 1 of the 4 English channels has not worked in 2 of the 4 days, vs. the 20+ French which seem to be fine.
3) EVERY single dish, pan and piece of silverware I wanted to use in my kitchenette has been dirty; the spatula even has leftover food on it. I needed to wash everything before using.
4) Earlier today I returned to the hotel with a bag of books and not just 1, but BOTH of the elevators were out of service....I needed to climb up 6 floors of stairs! Luckily when I returned with groceries later 1 was working.
5) night staff clearly works at night to avoid people (he didn't even turn down the football match when I rang)

Similar to another reviewer, this property should not be categorized as a hotel. Gratefully one of the reception staff members helped me with the luggage (heavy) -- there is no bellhop; no proper room service (need to pre-pay in lobby...contrary to why a guest wants "room" service in the first place); no support staff to fix key/critical services (see above TV/WiFi problems)--/according to a less than friendly staff member they're still waiting for the company to come out and fix the problem...2 days later-unbelievable; no bathrobe/slippers and other comforts you'd expect.

A lot of money for a lot of headaches.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

If you are trying to find a hotel near the shopping area, yes this hotel is very convenient. But you want to have any better staff service, this hotel will not suit you. When my husband and I checked into the hotel, the staffs didn't give you a welcome smile and very improper attitude. Secondly this hotel doesn't provide any new towels unless you stay at the hotel more than 7 days. And we stayed in this hotel for 3 days not even give us new towels. This is unbelievable and ridiculous. Seriously, I won't stay in this hotel anymore (this hotel price is not cheap at all) and I won't recommend to any of my friends when visiting Paris in future.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This Hotel provided services that made our stay pleasant. Staff were always to help out and assisted us in many ways, while our train plans did go according to plan. Close to the open bus services and Paris Opera

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

If you are looking for a simple centrally located apartment/hotel then this is your place.

Clean... quite... professional staff... located next to RER for easy access to all of Paris.

Highly recommend this property if you are coming to Paris.

Room Tip: Choose and interior corner room if you are looking for quite.