“A hidden gem”

Hotel Les Jardins de la Villa & Spa
Ranked #142 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We loved our stay at Les Jardins de la Villa. It was the second time we have stayed at a Small Luxury Hotel (the first time was in Singapore) and we were very pleased with what we experienced. The location is just so handy to the metro and the Palais de Congres where our convention was held. I requested gluten-free (sans gluten) food for my wife and this was available every time we had breakfast. The front office staff are great especially Pierre Luc who was just so helpful and friendly. Although we had a fire alarm go off one morning, the hotel staff were very apologetic and offered an apology and a plate of macaroons. The quality of the bed linen was also very high and the bed was very comfortable. Our last day coincided with Bastille day and that made it quite a memorable way to finish our time in Paris.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TonyMachin

Reviewed 8 July 2014

You will not be disappointed with this hotel. The staff was helpful with our numerous request and guided us to our locations perfectly. The decor was modern and (Oh so Paris!) We enjoyed the intimate space outside in the garden. Everyone there was ready to please and always had a smile. We traveled with a group of 7 and all were pleased and amazed by the great service and amenities. Our favorite (and crush) was concierge Pierre Luc, his patience, humor, and good french looks made the hotel a pleasure to walk into everyday!

-Your friends in Room 10

Room Tip: Request a balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at this lovely hotel and would definitely go back! I booked this hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and from a friend who stayed at this hotel last year. It is located about a 15 minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe and a 5 minute walk to Porte Maillot Metro. Across the street is a mall with the fabulous Angelina's (not original location) hot chocolate! Numerous cafes line the adjacent street and we had great food, wine and people watching. The room was small but comfortable. We weren't in the room very much so we didn't mind the size. Lovely shower, comfortable bed, internet access and honesty bar if you want a glass of wine, beer or soda. The front desk staff were friendly, very helpful in navigating us to what metro to take for our various tours and recommending local places to eat. Though all the staff were wonderful I can only remember Jean Pierre (I hope I have his name right). Enjoy your stay at Les Jardins de la Villa!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My mother and I had planned to do go Paris for a long weekend for years, and so when the opportunity finally came around, we were so glad we had booked this hotel as a base for our time exploring the city! Although it took us a while to find out where the hotel was (the exterior is very modest, yet chic), we were greeted to a beautifully lit and scented hotel lobby. We were welcomed by friendly staff who explained all of the facilities to us. I would however like to suggest to the hotel the addition of more chairs at the front desk, so that all parties can be seated whilst facilities were explained (I had to stand, whilst my mum was seated). Breakfast wasn't included in the price, however was offered for 15 euros per morning, which I think deterred us from eating here, as the hotel is surrounded by cheaper, and more adventurous options. Great that there were lifts, and a great concierge service provided by Pierre Luc, who was incredibly helpful!!! He sold us tickets at the front desk to the Louvre, so we missed long queues, printed off our tickets to Versailles, and offered us great transport advice for catching the metro and the bus! Thank you Pierre!

The rooms in the hotel were great - our room was quite small (2 singles, Deluxe), but a great use of space! 2 wardrobes, bathrobes and slippers, wi-fi, coffee machine and tea making facilities, safe, tv, room service, and a fabulously decorated ensuite were all great features. English speaking TV channels were limited (we have never watched BBC World News quite as much), but when you're in Paris TV isn't a huge deal! Coffee machine played up a few times, and wi-fi failed to work on my phone in the room). We also received a few early morning phone calls that weren't asked for (either from other guests staying, or a request from the previous guest), which was slightly annoying! But, rooms were cleaned daily, with delicious chocolates left each time, new towels and toiletries provided, and a laundry service at an extra cost.

The only major downfall was the use of the sauna/steam room, which needed to be booked an hour before use, and as we were always out in the day, it became difficult to book before the closing time of an early 9pm! We unfortunately didn't get a chance to relax and unwind, and make full use of the facilities on offer, as someone always got there before us! (they would only permit one guest at a time!)

Overall, great location, great service and advice, great facilities on paper, however a few were lacking in reality. Therefore, I would say it worked well for my mother and I, who were using the hotel as more of a base, wanting to explore the city in depth. Great shops, restaurants and monuments (Arc de Triomphe is literally a 10 minute stroll away!) surrounding the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ifrah15
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We knew we would be happy here the minute we walked in. The decor was so modern and trendy and we were greeted with warm smiley staff. The check in was very simple we were shown to our great bedroom ! Perfect for a weekend away. Comfortable beds, great decoration , lovely bathroom, very smart and chic.
The staff were very friendly especially Stefan on reception, he was very helpful and informative.
The rooms were clean and the communal areas spotless.
Great gym and central location. Would highly recommend this hotel for a weekend away. Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Actually I stayed there 2 years ago. But then I just joined Tripadvisor so I would like to write a few lines about this hotel.

In Europe it is not easy to find one big, classy, convenient and hospitable hotel in a cheap price. However, this one almost fulfils all categories. This hotel is next to the air bus stop (No.2) so it's hassle-free and cheap to go to and from CDG. Then, it only takes 1 to 2 minutes to get to the underground and within 5 minutes walk you will be at Arch de Triomphe. That's really convenient.

About the room, it is reasonably big, I mean in European scale. You can find everything you need in it. The washroom is superb, with Anne Semonin shower gel and things. The decor is chic and stylish. And the most important thing is it is clean and the bed is at the soft side.

Within 3 minutes walk or less, you will find a shopping mall. Inside, there is a supermarket and you can get anything you want.

The staff was friendly and helpful, nothing like you hear about the arrogant French.

Actually I stayed there for 2 times in consecutive years and if I ever have a chance to visit Paris again, I will stay there.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We picked this hotel from its excellent reviews and we're not disappointed. We expected the rooms to be tiny as per usual Paris hotels and were pleasantly surprised - although not spacious, they were perfectly adequate and not at all cramped. The bathroom is large, luxurious, with a huge bath and gorgeous rainforest shower, with plenty of hot water. The hotel was immaculate. We had a balcony which was lovely. There were plenty of restaurants around and it was just a couple of minutes' walk from the Metro which was easy to use. Hotel staff were courteous and friendly. I would gladly book here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple