“It's true, this hotel is a hidden gem!”

Hotel Les Jardins de la Villa
Ranked #131 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I had a bit of a problem, I needed to go to Paris on business but didn't want to stay in the regular and uninspiring "business" type hotels. I wanted good service, comfort and a decent breakfast in the morning.
This hotel was recommended to me by Amercian Express travel and, having read a few good reviews, I decided to book.
Shortly before leaving for the airport, I decided to check exactly which tube station I needed to get off at and so had another look at the details of the hotel, which led me back to trip advisor.
This time a read a few negative reviews - especially about the uninspiring and small breakfast offer! It was too late to choose anywhere else and, I suspected, these reviews were not quite true.
When I arrived at the hotel, I was in a rush to check in as I was late for an appointment. Being behind 3 very fussy ladies who wouldn't agree to leave an imprint of their charge cards (to guarantee their payment but not to pay) did not help. Once I managed to talk to Michael, I explained that I was in a rush and, in a lightning fast speed I was checked in and up in my room where I left my bags. First impressions were that this is a small, friendly hotel with a most amazing attention to detail and cleanliness. True, the rooms are small but are beautifully decorated and have everything and anything in terms of facilities that you could wish for. You even get a levender spray for your pillow which helps whisk you off to sleep in a beautifully comfortable bed.
The next morning was the real test - breakfast. Well, I arrived down to breakfast to find a basket full of croissants and pastries on my table, a wonderful assortment of tea and, on request, a lovely cup of coffee. I then went over to the seperate help yourself food area and poured a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice - beautiful! I then helped myself to a fruit salad, becond sausage and scrambled eggs and another glass of orange juice. I didn't take a fresh yoghurt or and toast, cereal or meusli but, as you can see, can not complain about anything relating to the breakfast!
I cannot find any fault with this hotel whatsoever and, with the George V, Ritz and Shangri La's costing approx three times more there is simply no copmparison! To be frank, when I return to Paris with my family, even if these larger hotels are a similar price, I will choose Les Jardins de La Villa without question.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 4Jem
Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed 13 January 2011

Every positive review is a true reflection of this beautiful hotel.
My partner and i booked a superior room for a 2 nights break in Paris for my birthday. We were immeadiately upgraded to a double deluxe as a gift. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by Michael who was extremely polite, helpful and very freindly. This boutique hotel (which is less than a year old) is small and intimate. It has a small gym, a sauna and a steam room. The rooms are beautifully decorated with perfect attention to detail. It is in a great location. It is 20 minutes from Gare du Nord station and cost 12e in a taxi. The Champs Elysees is less than a 20 minute walk and The Effifel Tower is no more than 15e in a taxi. I spent hours researching different hotels in Paris, reading every review. Do not hestitate to book this hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ebony_O
Reviewed 6 January 2011

This hotel is amazing! Everything is perfect! I had such a wonderful stay there!

The hotel design is modern, the rooms are small but confortable and beautiful, great location (feel blocks from Champs Elysees), tastefull breakfast... But definetely what makes the difference is the staff members.. All of them were very gentle, always ready to help us with some restaurant advices, calling a taxi or whatelse...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa_S_Crespo
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We had such a wonderful stay at this hotel. The location is perfect: a few blocks west of the Champs Elysee, so near the action, but away from the typical tourists. It is also near some wonderful restaurants and convenient to the metro. The rooms, bathrooms and common areas are VERY clean and the decor beautiful and modern. Breakfast was fantastic. The staff was helpful and kind in every way. My husband got a bad case of food poisoning from dinner at a bistro recommended by a friend and the hotel staff was very accomodating and concerned. They took perfect care of us, calling a private doctor to our room and providing bottled water and other necessities to help us out. I only wish we had stayed longer. We will certainly be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mb0909
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Upon arrival to Paris and check in into the hotel the service and staff was unbelievably helpful and attentive right from the start. The concierges there were the most helpful and friendliest that I have seen. Being a traveler from the United States we did not speak fluent French, only the basics and the entire staff made us feel right at home and treated us with the most respect. The hotel is very trendy in its décor and styling and it is a smaller hotel (30 rooms) so you get more of a personalized service. The room was very adequate for its size and the bathroom was great for Paris as a whole. You have a separate bathroom fully enclosed which we found is not always the case in a lot of hotels in Paris.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Although there were only 2 of us in the room, if you have more than 2 you might want to upgrade to another room that is larger in size and the hotel is very helpful and you can email them and they can walk you through your options that you might not find on the website. I would and will definitely stay here again. Also, the location of the hotel is great and located near the Metro. The hotel is hidden so you might want to get detailed directions or carry a GPS to find it as it is a hidden gem and tucked away from everything. I really can't say anything bad about the hotel from my experience.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Traveler44109
Reviewed 1 January 2011

A special privately run hotel with attention to detail and delightfully helpful staff. The rooms are small but they are beautifully presented with some really nice touches e.g. nespresso coffee machine in every room, conditioner in the bathroom (not just the usual shampoo), chocolates in the evening and a daily weather card by your bed. Spotlessly clean, sound proofed rooms, comfortable beds and well located for the Champs Elysee. Contemporary style but still cosy. Recommended without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jem008
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I have only just returned from a wonderful stay at Les Jardins de la Villa and already wanting to return.
The decor is beautiful and very welcoming. The honesty bar is a great idea and makes you feel right at home.
The bedroom was very comfortable and clean. The best part of the hotel was just how friendly the concierge where. I would recommend this hotel happily and thank the team for my great stay

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple