“Someone would try to open your door at midnight...”
Review of First Hotel

First Hotel
Ranked #264 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed in First Hotel for 2nights in early November.

Pros-
The night we checked in, the black gentleman in the front desk was very nice and gave us a really good impression. Although we wished to get a better room with the eiffel tower view but he explained politely that they were full that night and advised I could ask again the next morning. Then we thought about it we barely spend our time in the room so didn't wanna bother moving the luggage around.

Location - perfect, just about 10mins walk to the eiffel tower and you can see lots of lovely shops on your way there.

The hotel room is small but cozy. Very nice and morden decoration with a very good size shower which is very important for me. But unfortunately something unexpected happened -

Cons-
We stayed there for 2nights and each night there were someone trying to open our door, the first night I thought maybe our neighbour got the wrong door cause you can hear they only attempt to open the door once, lucky that we locked it properly. The second night it happened again! This is really scary for two young women staying in Paris. We asked at the door "who's it?" when people trying to open the door, you could see the handle moving but no answers. We got scared so I called the front desk - it took a few minutes for them to pick up the phone. And once I stated our room number, the guy immediately said: "Sorry it was me, I made a mistake, I am sorry." I mean like in what situation do you have to open the hotel room door in the middle of the night? For this I don't think it is very very safe for females to stay alone here in this hotel unless I have a proprt explanation for this.

And the day we departed was a Sunday - we worried that it might be hard to get a taxi to the airport cause it was a Sunday. So we contacted the front desk the night before to make sure they call us a Taxi just so we arrive to the airport on time. I've taken Taxi most of the time during my stay in Paris - and I know the meter starts at about 7euros. The driver arrived on time and we were already waiting in the lobby when he showed up, but when we got into the Taxi I saw the meter is already 11euros. I was curious and asked the driver why did it start at 11euros? The driver said calling Taxi in advance will charge extra plus it is a Sunday(???) and said "the hotel guy didn't tell you about it? But he knows!". I felt myself got ripped off really - but maybe this is how it works in Paris, really can't blame anyone. But know that you DO NOT have to call a Taxi if this is going to spend more - even on that Sunday I see lots of Taxi queueing in the Taxi stand near the bakery in the corner, there is no need to spend more.

I would still recommended staying in this hotel cause of its excellent location and it is a comfortable stay despite the scary midnight drama.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ali W
Valérie V, Responsable réception at First Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2016

Dear Customer,
Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.
Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in our hotel.
Bénédicte Cahuzac

There are newer reviews for First Hotel

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed here for my birthday in August and I loved it. It was super cute boutique hotel for a really decent price for Paris and it's location. Right in front of a metro station also which was awesome for traveling purposes. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again. The breakfast wasn't worth it though being that there are many cafe's right around the corner.

Room Tip: the higher up the better
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ucfgirlie23

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the First hotel in Paris.
We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in Paris and we would we be happy to welcome you again next time!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I am just back from Paris and had a bumpy start when arriving at the hotel. If you booked through Expedia just watch as the pictures attached to the rooms are not correct. My boyfriend booked this as a surprise for my birthday and paid for a superior room which showed a picture of a suite, this was not the hotels fault and Expedia is on the case with this just now.

The hotel room which we were given (not the one displayed in the picture) was small. It was ok through as we were only there for 2 nights but caused a bit of disappointment on arrival. However, The hotel was very clean & stylish and it had a really good shower. There is also a hair dryer in the bathroom. We were on the 2nd floor in room 205 and had a great view of the eiffel tower and over the metro station which it right across the road which is very handy.

If you book this hotel and are coming from Beauvais airport, take the bus to Porte Maillot, it takes around an hour and 15 mins. When you get there follow the signs for the metro station and buy a single ticket its only 1 euro 70, you want to then head to M1 and get off at the Charles de gaulle metro station and go to M6 to Cambronne then the hotel is just on your left hand side when you come out of this station.

The eiffel tower is about a 10 mintue walk away and you can get a tour bus when you arrive at the eiffel tower.

My boyfriend read some reviews about the pastry shop just at the corner of the hotel which people were saying was very good, he went down on our first morning but no one in the shop could speak any english and my boyfriend didnt know any french haha so he just picked up two pastries which were very nice. There was a que every day when we passed so if you know what to ask for its a must to try.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linzi G

Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you look for a nice hotel at a good location, friendly service and good connection to the attractions - that's your perfect choice! Beautiful view on the Eiffel Tower! And u can walk there in minutes! There is a metro station right across the road so wherever u want to go - easy. The area itself is really nice, central and clean with lots of good restaurants, cafés, bars. Room was very cosy with a unique design and new furniture, overall impressions is that hotel is new and well looked after. Staff are friendly and helpful. Well, not sure if I could find a better place for this value for money, so would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 22 October 2013

It was a fine hotel. Clean, but very very very small, I literally had to walk over my luggage. The location was great though, there is a metro stop literally in front of the hotel. I would have given it a better review if I hadn't payed so much for it. I feel like for what I paid, I was expecting more. (Though there is something to be said about the fact that I stayed there during fashion week, so maybe the prices were inflated due to that.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Customer,
Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in our hotel.
Bénédicte Cahuzac

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

First visit to Paris. This hotel is perfectly situated with all main attractions nearby. A metro station is literally across the road. The room we stayed had a view of the Eiffel tower. The immediate area has plenty of cafes and bars to choose from A convenience store us within a five minute walk to stock up on treats for when you get back to the hotel. Free wifi was an added bonus. Rooms are smallish but more than adequate and super comfortable. Benedicte was most helpful on the reception desk and gave us all the info needed to ensure we had a delightful stay and visit to Paris. Highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sean V

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The best price for a great location! Literally 1 min walk to the subway with a very awesome and delicious bakery next door. We picked up a french pastry every day and even took a box of them home... there's so much to choose from and each one tastes better than the first! There's many places to eat in the area... lots of restaurants but the subway is so close by u can go anywhere in Paris! The room is tiny though, with barely enough room for your suitcases, but I heard thats how Paris hotels are anyway, and if you want anything bigger, be prepared to pay a bigger price tag! The best part is that its close to the Metro so going anywhere is a breeze! And I forgot to mention... you get a view of the Eiffle Tower from your balcony! Amazingggg... so Paris!

Room Tip: Every room in Paris is small, so look for a hotel that is close to a Metro, that will make the bigge...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple