“The location is its best value”

Prince Albert Opera
Ranked #1,377 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I've chosen this hotel for the price and for it been near the centre of Paris and I was served for the location better than the price as I expected better rooms or wider bath.I remember the elevator was out of service and I had to take the very narrow stairs which may be difficult of you have much lugage

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ouzal

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I found this hotel to be quite good value for money. The single room that i had was small but well priced. The elevator was tiny. The breakfast was quite basic but only 7 Euro, there was tea/coffee, yoghurts, fruit, cereals, toast and jams, pastries...

I very much liked the location, it was so close to the Opera house and just next to Galleries Lafayette, walking distance to the Paris icons and a few steps away from the Metro. The staff were friendly and helpful, the wifi was good. overall i was happy with my stay, i didn't expect much and i was pleased as it was good for what i paid.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I travelled to Paris alone and for the first time and didn't know what to expect with the hotel. I was happy that the staff were very helpful in every way. I dealt with two young men; Sugi was one and I didn't remember the name of the second one. The hotel had cancelled my reservation because they tried to pre-authorize my credit card before I arrived and I had told the credit card company my dates so naturally it was declined. They still had a room for me though. I stayed for 3 days and it was just what I needed, a bit old but very clean and I thought a good price. It was convenient to everything, buses, metro and the special bus to the airports being just two short blocks away. If I return to Paris I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Although small, the room had its own bathroom with shower
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank JusthelpingOut2014
Reviewed 18 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 29 April 2014

There might have been better options, but since we booked late this was the best option available. The location was perfect, close to the Metro which made traveling around Paris very very easy and the staff were helpful. The room size was pretty small, but this might be standard for the type of accommodation Prince Albert Opera, however the biggest issue we had was that we discovered a dead mouse on the last day.

Room Tip: Lesson here is too book early.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yipan
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Staff were very pleasant and helpful when needed. Stairs were not well-lit, narrow and winding, lift very small...this is only negative. Situation excellent. Shower and toilets very clean. Good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank 337Fiona
Reviewed 19 January 2014

No Parisian hotel is cheap and if it is, I wouldn't trust it very much. I found Prince Albert Opera quite expensive BUT there are many advantages like: amazing location - litterally perfect for catching a bus to the CDG airport; clean and modern furniture; very cute and chic interiors and a great service! However, if you suffer from claustrophobia, I wouldn't risk it, because the rooms are tiny! I guess that's the price you pay for staying in a normal hotel in the middle of Paris...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KlaraNem
Pascal R, Directeur général at Prince Albert Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

thank you for your comment, we hope to see you next time!
warms regards,