“Excellent service, great location”
Review of Hotel Helvetia

Hotel Helvetia
Ranked #1,112 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night, got off the train from gare de Lyon, literally a 1 minute walk. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great value for money. the metro station is right outside hotel doors. Even though the hotel is on a very busy road, I could not hear the traffic with the windows closed. Will be staying here again when I revisit paris later in the year

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My Wife and I were on honeymoon and were surprised by how nice this little hotel was! Very well situated, main station was literally accross the road(Gare de lyon) and grocery store just outside the hotel. The room was small, but really clean and comfortable. Even though on a main road, we didnt hear a sound!! The small lift was rather interesting, tiny....big enough for 2people and luggage!! All staff spoke english. I would reccommend this to anyone traveling to Paris!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason_Terence
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I chose this hotel mainly because it's near to Gare de Lyon and not too expensive (relatively speaking of course). It is a small hotel, although my room size is acceptable. The bathroom is a bit dated. There is a street light outside my window which is too bright at night. It wasn't noisy though. Overall there is nothing special either about the room or the hotel. It lacks the charm factor and the atmosphere isn't very inviting or warm.

The restaurants near the train station are a bit touristy to me. I recommend the one in the middle of Rue de Lyon, which I have written a review about it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank manchai
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The hotel is very convenient for the Metro, Gare de Lyon main railway station and Air France Bus to CDG airport. In Paris the cheaper hotel rooms do tend to be small and this was the case here. In my experience as a single traveller it was well worth paying a little more for a double room Breakfast is available in the room but I didn't partake so can't comment on this. However, the hotel suited my purposes. I found the the reception staff to be very competent and friendly - and they spoke good English.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We needed a cheap overnight stay in Paris near the Gare du Lyon railway station. we chose the Helvetia as it was considerably cheaper than the surrounding hotels. The hotel was pretty much what we expected,a small very basic room in need of a paint job but with a surprisingly good shower. The staff were very helpful and spoke quite good english. Numerous good restaurants within a 5 minute walk, so all in all we were not disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank newcanadafan429
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We had an early start from Gare de Lyon so selected this hotel which did not have much going for it save a competent front desk staff. It's literally a block from train station which is very convenient. The rooms were pretty tired looking, but the price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Pretty tight quarters no matter what your room selection.