“tres sale”
Review of Hotel Angleterre

Hotel Angleterre
Ranked #1,583 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I just spent the worse nightmare of life in that hotel. My room was full of bed bugs. My son and self were bitten all over our body. I end up leaving after one night, I took all our clothes to the cleaner to bewash while I was shopping for an other hotel. If you don't want to bring those nasty pest at don't stay in that hotel. the place is durty beyond word.
Malik

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Malik S

Reviewed 2 August 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Good location in Montmartre, metro station across the hotel, and very importnat thing all the staff can speak English. The neighborhood is not so bad, I mean it is, but there is no reason to feel unsecure.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnaPana
Reviewed 30 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We had a terrible smell of wall paint in our room, and it didn't get any better during the days we spent at the hotel.
The lock on the door to our room worked sometimes and sometimes not, I was always worried: would my personal belongings be gone when I came home?
The Wi-Fi worked.. sometimes. Be prepared to wait for Internet access!

The neighborhood is HORRIBLE. Young women alone in Paris? Don't go there! We were too afraid to go out after dark, because of the huge number of men screaming and yelling after us, so we never had the chance to see Paris at night. Going by Metro after dark was out of the question!

Paris is beautiful, but please choose another part of the city to stay! Maybe we were just at the wrong side of Sacré Coeur.....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stina R
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Room was clean however didn't match the description or photos online. Very outdated but does the job for a cheap overnight stay in paris. Don't expect a nice hotel with big towels and nice pillows. Breakfast wasn't served either.
You get what you pay for but if you ask me its a bit overpriced. I expected more for that price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vanessa G
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Really, the staff were so nice I wish I could say nicer things about this hotel. But it's kind of a dive, very old and worn out, poor internet connection, lights flickering on and off in room; and it's in the most horrible part of Paris -- really I've never seen a more horrible part of any town, and I've been to the lesser areas of Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New Orleans. I when trying to find the place (which is conveniently close to the metro station) some guy who could see I was lost started leading me in the wrong direction, (don't know if this was on purpose or if he really just didn't know the way) walking with me the whole time and then after asking what I was looking for, when I answered I was looking for my hotel he kept trying to make me agree to let him go into the hotel room with me *ahem.* After chasing that guy off, when I found the hotel a bunch of women who I think may have been hookers were hanging out in front of it. Police sirens were going by about every 4 minutes. The metro station was always surrounded by guys selling illegal/stolen goods. It was a little better in the day than in the evening -- in evening hours, even before dark, I was afraid to even leave the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors might pick up less of the street noise, but really this hotel is located in what most...