“Good location and price”
Review of Hotel de Reims

Hotel de Reims
Ranked #1,109 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
UpperPeninsulaMichigan
“Good location and price”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel is a few blocks from Gare de Lyon which is why we chose it. We were very satisfied with our one night stay. The station is a busy area but the hotel is on a side street almost directly behind the Hotel Ibis which is a useful landmark. The desk clerks were very helpful especially one young man who is from Spain and spoke excellent English. He gave us good recommendations for restaurants which are plentiful right by the hotel. He also arranged our ride to the airport in the morning with a van service which picks you up right at the hotel door and is competitive in price with the airport bus at Gare Lyon. We were 2 couples so it was a little cheaper perhaps then pricing for one individual. The hotel room and bathroom is small but I think we got good value for the price. The hotel has a lift and a nice continental breakfast is served in the basement level for 8 euros. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank scorpio49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We, like others chose Hotel de Reims because of the proximity to Gare de Lyon terminal. We needed to take the TGV the next morning. The directions they give direct you to exit the terminal out on one side. But we didn't know one from the other. So my advice is, exit the side that has the giant clock. In front of you is the cross street Blvd Diderot and the hotel Ibis in large yellow letters.
That is your street to the Hotel. My notes said this was 850 meters from the station. I would add to that. The hotel was clean, the clerk was nice, there was a lift and the room was enough for us for a night. We didn't have the breakfast or use the wifi. Overall, it was a good choice, but if I do that terminal again, I would look for something a little closer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarshallGulch
Welwyn, Herts
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Like most we chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Gare de Lyon, having arrived there at 1945 from Verona travelling via Milan and Geneva. We received a warm welcome and a room on the 4th floor. Initial problems with the a/c were sorted quickly by reception. Breakfast was served in a well arranged room in the basement, which was plentiful, fresh and tasty. We were very satisfied with the Hotel de Reims and would recommend, especially if you are planning to arrive/depart at/from Gare de Lyon!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Weloveskye
Lausanne
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We were first assigned to a room without any window at street level. I insisted on another room or would leave the hotel, so I got one directly under the roof.
However, friendly service and good wifi.
Overall I'd prefer the Ibis hotels nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Volkmar V
Varese, Italy
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel 2 nights with my boyfriend.
I have to admit it is uncomfortable: the hotel room was very small, I thought I was in smurfs' house, the bed was definitely too little for two people (fortunately my boyfriend and I are not very tall or it would be impossible to be laying on that bed), in the bathroom almost I could not move because it was a hole and the washbasin was as big as my hand, almost impossible to use it.
I konw hotel rooms in Paris are very small but this was really small, nice and clean but small.
The position is good because it is close to the metro, about 5 minutes walking, and the surrounding area is very nice for having a walk.
I suggest this place only for 1/2 nights not more.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SilviaA123
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the Hotel de Reims at the tail end of four nights in Paris. We chose this Hotel because we wanted to be close to the Gare de Lyon station, it had pretty decent reviews on TripAdvisor, and the price was right. For all those reasons, it was the right choice. It was also close to a L'Open Tour (on and off) bus stop and, if you are familiar with the bike rental stations in Paris, there is a bike rental station right near the hotel. Like our hotel prior, we had a relatively small room and bathroom. The shower (with removable head) was set low, but the water was hot and pressure was good. Only one English option on the TV (had to set the TV option to English as preferred language). We chose the breakfast option since my wife had an early train and it suited our purpose to eat in the hotel. No eggs, but there was fresh fruit, orange juice, cereal, yogurt, coffee and croissants. So it was worth the 8 euro per person price (keep in mind that Paris prices are going to be high everywhere, though slightly cheaper in this neighborhood). There is free wireless, but my wife had to take her tablet to the lobby to get a strong enough signal. And actually, there is not much of a lobby here. The neighborhood overall is not the nicest, but it seems safe as we was many women walking and jogging alone. Like many hotels, there is no air conditioning. The weather was warm during our stay and we had to open a window which kept us cool enough, but mosquitoes found their way into the room. Would we stay here again? We would not shy away from it, but we would look at other options as well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sheiksan
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed in Paris for 3 days and decided on this hotel due to good reviews. We weren't disappointed. It was a nice room, comfy bed and a small but functional bathroom.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and went out of there way to assist. Breakfast was extra but at least they werent selfish - full buffet.

The hotel isnt close to the likes of the Eiffel Tower, but its a quick walk from Bastille and about 20min brisk walk to the Notre Damme.

It is though extremely close to Gare Lyon, from where you can catch the metro to pretty much anywhere in Paris - absolutely fantastic. And if you're thinking of going towards the south of France by train,ie Dijon etc..its a bonus because the trains depart from there.

Overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed June 2012