“Near Gare de Lyon”
Review of Hotel de Reims

Hotel de Reims
Ranked #1,172 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have booked this hotel because we have to take a train very early in the morning from Gare de Lyon, so this was very convenient. Very good location, though at night the surroundings seem not to be very friendly. Anyway we have a great staying at the hotel, the room was spacious and clean. Very good breakfast and very friendly and helpful staff!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarceBA

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I want to thank the hotel management for their excellent service when booking. Unfortunately I have not stayed at this hotel but wish that I could. I booked and paid for this hotel in error as I thought it was near Gare du Nord but it is near Gare de Lyon. Realizing my error I contacted the hotel and told them of my mistake. Fahima replied promptly and courteously acknowledging that this was a genuine error. They agreed not to debit my account. I can only say that if this experience is an indication of the quality of this hotel then I think the very good reviews on this site are accurate. Again thank you Fahima for you excellent service at booking.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JoPMelbourne
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We was unfortunate enough to have a room at the front of the building and it was quite possibly the worse nights sleep I've had! So noisy all night! We've got a back room tonight with air conditioning so better things are expected :0)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sporty3334
HoteldereimsStaff, Directeur général at Hotel de Reims, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear guest,
We thank you for your review. We wanted to apologize one more time for the so noisy night you spent in our hotel. We are located in a small one-way street and it's usually very calm. So noise is unusual! And we don't like when guests are not happy. So we hope that your second night showed you the you can spend good time in our establishment. I hope you will comme back again to be sure that you can spend a lot of good nights in our hotel. Bests regards.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Very good location without being too much in the action, very clean, good breakfast. Rooms are a decent size for Paris. Good value, we will go back. A lot of restaurants and services walking distance.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stevemelanie
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here with my mother for three nights during a "let's see how many museums and shops we can visit in three days"-kind of vacation, and it really was good in terms of service, cleanliness, and especially location (Gare de Lyon isn't necessarily in walking distance to major attractions, but the metro station is one minute of walking from the hotel, which was extremely convenient). Wi-fi in the rooms worked perfectly well in the mornings, but for some reason not in the evening. The other drawback was the lack of airconditioning in the rooms, which made it difficult to fall asleep if you're used to a cold climate. But, overall a decent hotel for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Randi M

Dear guest, we thank you for your review. We will be delighted to you welcome you again. The weather was very and incredibly hot in Paris during your stay. It was uncomfortable for everybody even us. So we inform you that if you come back in period from very strong hot season and if all Paris is unbreathable, our superior double rooms are air-conditioned. Best regards.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I had no problems at all with the Hotel de Reims. The staff were nice enough; perhaps a trifle brusque, but they got my room ready quickly and provided an iron promptly when I asked for one. My 1st/2nd (?) floor room was clean and quiet, quite recently renovated, about the size you expect in European hotels - i.e., just about enough space to comfortably fit a suitcase, get dressed/undressed and take a shower, but not enough to do yoga or hold a meeting.

The location close to Gare de Lyon is handy - especially if you're coming from or going to a destination east of Paris, in which case Gare de Lyon is likely to be your point of arrival or departure, but even coming on the RER from CDG airport, it's just one change at Châtelet and then 3 stops on the metro (line 1).

The area to the north and west of the hotel is very charming. It's close to Bastille, and there are loads of nice cafés and restaurants right around the corner on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine and up around the intersection of Charonne and Ledru Rollin (Bistro du Peintre is beautiful; Café Pause is good too; close by is the Pur Café, also a very charming Paris café).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank John A
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was afraid this hotel might turn out to be a stereotypical small-Parisian-hotel horror story, but it ticked almost all the right boxes. Location near the Gare de Lyon was more convenient than we initially thought, as the Metro line 1 runs to many of the main tourist sites (Jardin des Tuileries, the Louvre, the Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe) and a further walk to Gare d'Austerlitz for the RER will bring you to Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, Versailles and Orly airport. Quite a safe, pleasant area, with the interesting Promenade Plantee nearby.

We booked a triple room, which was a generous size with comfortable double and single beds. The shower was good. The only issue we had was that the room was a little airless, since there were no windows, only a door opening out to the hotel courtyard that we had to close at night (but couldn't lock!) Breakfast at €8 seemed a little steep at first but offered all the typical Continental options - a pain au chocolat/croissant, a roll, butter, some jams, fruit, cornflakes with fresh milk, coffee, tea, juice, and a range of yoghurts to choose from. We had a morning flight from Orly on Saturday and we found out breakfast would only start at 7.30am. However we were told breakfast could be delivered to our room at 6am, and indeed we were greeted the next morning promptly at 6am with a man bearing three trays of breakfast. Much appreciated service. Staff were generally pleasant, although the quality of English spoken varied (no miscommunication mishaps though). One of the other drawbacks is how they charge you for the stay beforehand (I booked through booking.com). Other than that, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family