“IF YOU DO NOT VALUE YOUR SAFETY STAY HERE !!!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel du Puy de Dome
Ranked #1,653 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
“IF YOU DO NOT VALUE YOUR SAFETY STAY HERE !!!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

When we arrived the staff were friendly and polite , BUT the room had NO water and while we were unpacking their was a VERY strong smell of GAS !!!! As for the hot water well we stayed for 3 days and we only had hot water on the day we checked out .

1 Thank Easyjas

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Turned up to the hotel expecting the worse so was pleasantly surprised when we got to the room, The bed was comfy, the bathroom was a little dirty and the toilet was broke until we fixed it, The guy on reception was very helpful and recommend places to eat, Internet was free which is was a bonus. If you don't mind paying a little less and getting the metro out of the main city centre then definitely stay here

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 June 2012

TERRIBLE!
Bedbugs.
Rude staff when we confronted them about it, refused to give us a refund, acted like we were crazy for even suggesting that they gave us our money back.
My friend was completely miserable, in pain and itchy for the rest of our trip.
Do not stay here.
Even aside from the bedbugs, there is no way that this room is worth what we paid-
bed with springs sticking out, leaky shower, shower curtain falling off.
Stay anywhere but here. The train station would be more comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any of the rooms. I recommend a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2012

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. This hotel gave us bedbugs and when we complained the staff tried to deny the claims and accuse us of lying, even though when searching we found MULTIPLE reviews complaining of bedbugs and lice. They dealt with the situation in a terrible way - no way that I would ever expect the staff of a hotel to respond. He tried to bribe us with a $20 refund to keep our mouths shut and when we denied that he began yelling at us. I would absolutely NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank AngelaNace
North Carolina
Reviewed 18 September 2008

I have just returned from Paris with my friend and two small babies. The hotel was average in just about every way. The rooms were small and a little run down, but no more so than the other low budget hotels in Paris. It was interesting that you do not have to give them a credit card number when you make the reservation. This seemed odd to me, so the day before we traveled, I called to confirm, and everything was ok. However, just to be on the safe side, I would definitely call to confirm. The front-desk employees were very helpful; although my friend and I noticed that that when she only spoke english, they were not as nice, but when i spoke a little french, they became much nicer. We had no issues with safety. The area is decent and there is a grocery store across the street.

Both my friend and I found it quite difficult to get the strollers in the elevator. We had to take the babies out and collapse the strollers. However, we asked the front desk if we could store them downstairs, and they happily agreed. It is rather noisy on the front side of the building, but the back side is quiet as a mouse. The beds are not the most comfortable, but when you only pay 50 euro a night in paris, you cant expect the best.

All the directions to the hotel suggest taking the Metro from the Gare de L'Est. However that is 3 transfers on the metro (and with luggage and strollers, not easy). There is a wonderful bus number 31 that takes you directly to the hotel in about 20 minutes. You can catch it just outside the train station. I highly recommend using this rather than the metro. However, to get into the city, the metro is only 2 blocks away. Very walkable. And it is only 6 stops to the Champs-Elysees.

They offer a light breakfast for 5 Euro (2 breads, coffee, and juice). You could probably find something cheaper along the way, but it was a nice relaxing way to start our days.

All things considered, I would go back (but this time use the bus system to and from the train station).

• Liked — front desk staff
  • Disliked — run down rooms (although they really werent that bad)
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family