“Pretty Decent”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel du Puy de Dome
Ranked #1,653 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
North Carolina
“Pretty Decent”
Reviewed 18 September 2008

I have just returned from Paris with my friend and two small babies. The hotel was average in just about every way. The rooms were small and a little run down, but no more so than the other low budget hotels in Paris. It was interesting that you do not have to give them a credit card number when you make the reservation. This seemed odd to me, so the day before we traveled, I called to confirm, and everything was ok. However, just to be on the safe side, I would definitely call to confirm. The front-desk employees were very helpful; although my friend and I noticed that that when she only spoke english, they were not as nice, but when i spoke a little french, they became much nicer. We had no issues with safety. The area is decent and there is a grocery store across the street.

Both my friend and I found it quite difficult to get the strollers in the elevator. We had to take the babies out and collapse the strollers. However, we asked the front desk if we could store them downstairs, and they happily agreed. It is rather noisy on the front side of the building, but the back side is quiet as a mouse. The beds are not the most comfortable, but when you only pay 50 euro a night in paris, you cant expect the best.

All the directions to the hotel suggest taking the Metro from the Gare de L'Est. However that is 3 transfers on the metro (and with luggage and strollers, not easy). There is a wonderful bus number 31 that takes you directly to the hotel in about 20 minutes. You can catch it just outside the train station. I highly recommend using this rather than the metro. However, to get into the city, the metro is only 2 blocks away. Very walkable. And it is only 6 stops to the Champs-Elysees.

They offer a light breakfast for 5 Euro (2 breads, coffee, and juice). You could probably find something cheaper along the way, but it was a nice relaxing way to start our days.

All things considered, I would go back (but this time use the bus system to and from the train station).

• Liked — front desk staff
  • Disliked — run down rooms (although they really werent that bad)
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank plhvision

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)