“Just terrible”

Lux Hotel
Ranked #1,706 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
“Just terrible”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Only the staff at the reception was ok. The rest just unacceptable. Rooms smelly and dirty as well as the very used bath room. Uha. It was noisy and the street light shining into the room the whole night. Breakfast at 6:30 was not ready and it took 10 minutes to get just a coffee.
Never again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Gheorgheni, Harghita, Romania
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Our trip was about seeing Paris,discovering its romance and taking home a great dose of it with us.We didn't want to stay in the hotelroom,we just had shower and good night sleep after having long walks to discover the nice places in Paris. The hotel is in a nice parisian neighbourhood,close to restaurants,shops,supermarket close by and metro station as well.The room was small,but had everything we needed,bathroom small but functional,pretty clean.The room was cleaned every day.Staff was friendly,helpful.We choosed the room with the wiew to the street,and the double glazed window kept away the noise.It was about what we aspected for the money we payed

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lajcsi L
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I am trying to think of something positive to say, but it's hard... Well, maybe at least the bed was not so bad as size and mattress quality.
The most horrible thing for me was, however, the smell of cigarettes coming from everywhere - the sheets, the curtain, the walls, the hole below the door... Very, very miserable :(

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank Petyaaa

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 August 2010

No A/C, which forced me to keep the windows open, which let in the large and ferocious Parisian mosquitoes despite my spraying the room w/ deet, which then caused me to get several bites all over my body. No A/C also meant that I sweated my butt off and contributed to my lack of sleep. Window opened to not open air, but to a small opening in the center of the building so I looked into other people's rooms. This meant no privacy and also no fresh air, which made it really stuffy and therefore hard to breathe. Bedspread was clearly not washed, I didn't bother even getting in the bed, I just laid on a sheet I brought myself, hoping the bedbugs wouldn't crawl onto me. Bathroom was a pleasant surprise as it looked VERY clean and new. No elevator in the "hotel," but the manager was nice enough to carry my luggage to the 3rd fl for me. The location of the "hotel" seemed to be in a shady part of town, as I left in the early morning and a creepy guy tried to follow me to the train station. I learned my lesson not to save money in Paris. Just pay the extra money and go somewhere that's comfortable and where you can get a good night's sleep!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank MissJakob
Mission
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Paris hotels are a joke unless you're willing to shell out $200 or more. This place is no more than an uncomfortable bed in a small room with terrible environmental elements.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ctjbush
Sydney
Reviewed 9 October 2007

I have just come back from the World cup in France and stayed at the Lux Hotel as it is relatively close to Gare De Lyon. On first appearances I was shocked at the basics of the hotel. Tiny little lift - for only one person with bags but the staff were friendly, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was great. It was a quiet hotel and we left the window open all night with no threat of intruders except the occasional pidgeon!!!!
There is a laundromat around the corner which is cheap and a little supermarket not far away. For a place to stay it was cheap and cheeful - would stay there again if money is limited.

Stayed September 2007
New York City
Reviewed 2 June 2007

I stayed here in 2004 and was very happy with my room after I switched, to room 7 on the top floor -- it is a tiny hotel, with elevator, located on a side street in a residential area near Gare de Lyon.
My room was very quiet and very clean. The large window looked out over an interior courtyard and every morning I could look across to another apartment building where a cat was watching a bird on his roof!
The room had a safe AND a small fridge, so you can carry in food if you want to save a little money.
I e-mailed them and corresponded with rapahel, who gave me great info. [--]
I was traveling alone and felt very safe, but I live in NYC and have lived in dicey neighborhoods -- also, I never came back to the hotel past 9PM.
The prices (see below )are current for 2007. I just e-mailed them.

65 E for 2 people (probably a double bed or queen)
68 E for one room w/2 twin beds
55 E for a single
breakfast 6 E each person

their website is [--]
The only problem I had was getting to the hotel. I took the Air France bus to the Gare de Lyon and got a little confused with the directions. I suggest going to [--] to look at a map. Note that streets sometimes are called one thing on one side of the street and another on the other side!

• Liked — great value for the price, although not central, a good location, quiet and bright room
  • Disliked — getting there--directions to hotel from gare de lyon were a little confusing
  • Stayed September 2004, travelled solo