“Value for money”

Ranked #1,322 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Very conveniently located just around the corner from Voltaire Metro station and approx 10 mins walk to Place de la Bastille with a plentiful choice of bars & restaurants.
Welcome was very warm, but then again I speak French & I'm not sure how much English (if any) any of the staff spoke. We were on the 6th floor, small but comfortable room. Bathroom was very small, but more than adequate for our needs - we even had a view of the Eiffel Tower off in the distance.
We only had breakfast one of the mornings we were there and although when we asked were told that it was 8 euros per person, when we came to check out, they didn't charge us for this which we thought a nice touch.
When we came to leave, we asked if we could leave our suitcase somewhere secure as we didn't need to leave for the airport until 1400hrs & check out is between 1100hrs & 1200hrs. The gentleman on reception told us that there was no hurry to check out & we could leave our suitcase in the room until we were ready to leave, which really helped us out as it meant we could make the most of our final morning in Paris.
Would recommend if you're looking for something convenient and affordable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RachelB_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Melbourne
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice this year once in February and again in May. Both times I was warmly welcomed by the staff and looked after brilliantly. The rooms although cramped have everything one needs when travelling, the bath was especially appreciated. The rooms were warm and bed was comfortable. The location is great, right near Bastille and many good restaurants. The breakfast was also typically french and I loved the fresh baguette in the morning.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at the hotel 6 days. Got a doubleroom with a view to the street. The room had Internet and a safe. The size of the room was ok for me. The bathroom as well. There is a heating in the room which was quite good as it was only 9 C outside.
Madam and the rest of the staff were fantastic. The Metrostation Voltaire was just 3 min away and just 10 min to Bastille. I will return to Hotel Paris Voltaire.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I was in Paris for business and spent a few nights at the end on my own, I stayed at this hotel and found it comfortable. The rooms were clean and they were en suite which was nice. Very close to the Bastille and other metros so very easy to get to and from. The reception was friendly, not sure if they spoke english as I speak french. I work with MSF so they also gave me a discount. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business