“Homey!”

Ranked #710 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Casablanca, Morocco
“Homey!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A trip to Paris can always be a special experience regardless if the reason of travel is business or pleasure; and it all depends on a special accommodation! That is how I have been approaching my frequent visits to the city of lights. Hotel Glasgow makes that special feeling possible offering a cozy, warm and yet fresh stay regardless of how the weather looks like outside. Located in historic residential neighborhood with a walking distance to major touristic sites and – for those in hurry – to the metro system as well. Its cozy feeling along with the kindness and friendliness of the hotel team – management and employees – making them wonderful hosts to a “homey” hotel!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hicham A
PatrickHayatHotels, Responsable réception at Hotel Glasgow Monceau, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thanks you so much for your very sweet comment. Hearing the word "Homey" to qualify the Glasgow is the best reward we could expect, as it is exactly what we are trying to convey. We really want our guests to feel at home. I shared your compliments with the staff and they were delighted to hear it.
We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next Parisian getaway.
Have a lovely month of December in sunny Casablanca!
Elodie and the Glasgow Monceau Hotel team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Everything about the place is terrible....air conditioning not working, scary lift, only one socket in the room, wifi not working...avoid even if free. Staff lacks the basic courtesy....when I called about the air conditioning I was told to just open the window...when called to tell them that the wifi was not working..I was told that its the problem with the data provider. Staff is most rude and patronising that I have come across. Avoid

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Khurram S
PatrickHayatHotels, Responsable réception at Hotel Glasgow Monceau, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Sir,
I sincerely regret that our hotel did not meet your expectations. To tell the truth I hardly recognize the Hotel Glasgow Monceau, since the comfort of our guest is the center of our daily attention. Usually our customers are more than satisfied with the reception team.
We are so sorry that you had to go through a series of unfortunate events. That day indeed the WIFI was not working and what our receptionist was trying to explain, was that it was a provider’s outage in the area. We had called them and unfortunately had to wait for them to fix it. I am sorry if you felt that our staff was patronizing, as it was absolutely not their intention.
Maybe it was a language barrier, but I agree even if one has to struggle with guests concerns about the wifi and sadly can’t do anything about it, one still needs to stay courteous. We took advantage of your remarks to talk to the staff about dealing with unfortunate events.

I hope that you nevertheless enjoyed the beautiful city of Paris.
Elodie and the Hotel Glasgow Team
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We arrived on 10th october,very easy check-in,room was very tiny but fine as we were only in it to sleep.Hotel was very clean with friendly staff.Lovely Indian restaraunt across road.Also ate in Flams,worth a try of thie versions of pizza.Paris is beautiful & the tower at night is amazing.....my partner proposed on the 11th which made our trip perfect.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Halle1983
PatrickHayatHotels, Responsable réception at Hotel Glasgow Monceau, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Halle,
First of all congratulations!! This is so romantic! Thank you very much for your nice words about your stay and we are very excited to hear that it all happened while you were staying at the Glasgow. We wish you all the best and we hope to see you very soon to celebrate.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived here on the 8th October staying for 2 nights.

My son and I are not great with directions and had a tough job finding this hotel from Villiers metro stop. Top tip would be get clear directions because it's really not that far from Villiers!!! We found it easily after the first time!!!

We loved it here. The beds were really comfortable and we found the staff very pheasant and helpful. There was free coffee available whenever we chose but didn't have breakfast because we thought there were so many other places to get a coffee and croissant.

The location is very nice and quiet but also within walking distance to busier parts if you so desire, we chose to eat locally at the brasserie on the corner, really lovely food and great attentive staff.

I would highly recommend the hotel Glasgow.

Stayed October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice words about your recent stay at the Glasgow hotel. We are extremely pleased to see that you enjoyed your room and the service as we thrive on providing the best experience for our guests. Being a coffee addict myself, I always make sure that our guests can enjoy coffee or tea, or fresh drinks in the summer in the lobby to relax after a long day in Paris.

We are indeed blessed to be in a quiet street and offer a restful setting for our guests. Thanks about the map tip for directions as it is indeed very close to the subway but in a side street. A little map might be easier to use than directions, or maybe both!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I choose always to stay at Glasgow each Time i go to Paris because it is a lovely hotel ! The staff are marvelous, very professional and ready to hepl ( available at the reception 24/24)
The location is very convenient, about 10mn from metro station!
Breakfast is it good. tea and coffee are available all the day! Rooms are clean and modern. I really feel Home when i am there!!!! I appreciate the outstanding customer service of Muriel and Carima!!!!! U r the best :) See U

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Lat M
Dear Madam,
Thank you for your nice review and I have to say that it is always a delight to welcome you at the Glasgow Monceau hotel. Your positive energy and love of Paris always make our day. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and the service that I shared with Muriel and Carima.
We are looking forward to seeing you again for a Holiday weekend in Paris!
Elodie and the Glasgow Hotel Team
North Wales
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Can't believe that I am staying in the same hotel as some of the reviewers on this site.
We were vey lucky to have won competition for a weekend in Paris. However the anticipstion soon evaporated when we saw our room. Recently renovated????? I don't think so!! Calming Zen atmosphere???? I don't think so!!!
We were in Room 12, above the reception. A very small brown dingy room. Nowhere to unpack lut clothes, other than a few hangers under a shelf. Dark brown depressing bed spreads, not at all Zen like. Bathroom dark and depressing, although clean. Towels very thin, toiletries cheap.
As I was very underwhelmed by the room, I asked if we could upgrade. Nothing available!! I phoned our booking agent who arranged that we could be upgraded the following night.
Came back from a day out the following day to found our packed suitcases still in Room 12. Not impressed. Told by the receptionist that we should have claimed by 12.00 to get an upgrade. I wasn't told this by either the booking agent or the receptionist. Not very happy at having to stay another night in a crummy room.
Will ensure that both the booking agents and the company who arranged the competition are aware of the situation. I wouldn't recommend this hotel and feel that the experience has inpacted on our weekend in Paris.

Room Tip: Don't bother!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SarkLover
Dear Sir,
You were placed in a new room that was indeed on the smaller range of our line and when you shared your discomfort; we offered to upgrade you free of charge the next day. In order to do so, Adel at the reception told you that you had to confirm the next morning and move your bags or ask for them to be moved, as we are not allowed to move your belongings without being asked.
It must have been a big misunderstanding and we are deeply sorry, but Adel kept the room available until noon that day for you but then other guests arrived and we had to give them a room. Maybe your agency mislead you or we were not clear enough when we offered the upgrade but as we did not hear back from you, we thought that you had changed your mind.
We will be more than happy to offer you an outstanding experience if you grace us again with your visit and we hope that you had a nice time visiting Paris.

Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We recently spent 4 nights at the Hotel Glasgow. It is a cute & clean hotel in just a superb area of District 17. It is a pretty good location to the metro. (5 -10 minute walk depending on how fast you are walking) The hotel is right across the street from an Indian restaurant which is good. It is on a side street which is right next to a bustling street filled with restaurants, cafes, shops, bakeries, cheese shops, etc...... The spot is perfect! The hotel has a complimentary breakfast which we never took advantage of. Why you ask? Well there is an amazing boulangerie-patisserie just steps away where you can get freshly baked goods and than walk across the street to the little cafe and get a coffee and sit outside at their tables on the sidewalk and enjoy your croissant and espresso! Nothing bad about the hotel breakfast, but if you are in Paris.......you must experience the area and try the local shops. The hotel staff is very nice and accommodating. Our credit card company shut off our credit cards and they assisted us in calling the company to turn them back on. Like many reviews, the lift was not working while we were there. We were in an area of the hotel across a little courtyard which didn't have elevator access anyway, so it didn't matter, but obviously the lift has an issue as many others have noted this also. The room was small, but very cute and functional. The bed was comfy and the room had some nice windows which opened fully. Our bathroom was tiny and the shower was smaller. I am not a large person and this shower was tight! Not a huge deal but should be noted. The air conditioning unit was always off when we got home at night and had to call the front desk to have they turn it on. Apparently they control the units from the front desk. Again, not a big deal you just need to know so you can call the front desk instead of thinking the a/c doesn't work. The price was good. I booked on Expedia. I would go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
PatrickHayatHotels, Responsable réception at Hotel Glasgow Monceau, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us, we really appreciate it. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your Parisian getaway.
I totally agree with you about the bakeries around the hotel, they are amazing…we are blessed to be in an authentic Parisian neighbourhood with lots of great shops. Our baked goods at the hotel come from them by the way, if you want to try next time and you do not wish to go outside on a rainy day ☺
We are sorry about the elevator as it was under maintenance during your stay, and is thank goodness it is as good as new now.
Have a lovely fall season in Canada and we hope to see you soon in Paris.
Elodie and the Glasgow Monceau Hotel team