Venise Hotel
US$220
US$142
US$126
Official Site
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$527
US$486
US$411
  • Room Service
All reviewsgare de lyonreuilly diderotstar hotelsmall liftcomfortable bedsmetro stationclean hotelhotel stafffew blockscdg airportshort walkenjoyed our stayrooms are smallpouillyfranprixlaundromatfrance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Immediately given key to tiny unpleasant room up in the clouds, total opposite to what I requested.
Checked our return booking to see if it was ok. No it was not, they had booked us in on a wrong night. Checked that Booking.com had given correct info to hotel, they had. Asked staff what the could do for us! Had various answers, from `its a mistake`, to its a `big big mistake`. Asked what again they could do for us, answer, shrug of the shoulder. To be honest I got the impression they didn't want to be there.
Ended up paying considerable more for another hotel, through Booking.com.
Totally unimpressed with staff and hotel, apart from its location.

Room Tip: Don't bother, try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 151Mike151
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This hotel is ideally situated near the "Gare de Lyon" , I use it regularly to when i need to stay overnight in Paris. The Air France bus is away and goes directly to CDG airport.
My last stay was less enjoyable as I was put in an attic room with a very outdated bathroom. The other bathrooms are modern and more agreeable.
Staff efficent, breakfast in basement is sufficient and varied.

Room Tip: insits on a modern bathroom
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This hotel is definitely worth staying in. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. It is 4 stops to Notre Dame, 6 stops to the Louvre and very well located to the station - 3 min walk. The breakfast at 8 euros is well worth it with a full buffet, proper orange juice and filter coffee, fresh baguettes and croissants and even boiled eggs. Will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elmarie K
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel is definetely the worst I have stayed in! It wasn't clean when we checked in at around 2pm, so we left the bags in the room to come back to find gifts I had previously bought for family & friends missing! After trying to sort the issue out at reception for 3 or so days, we realised it was useless. The staff were very unhelpful and unapologetic and had the nerve to tell me it was my fault for leaving my room door open, which obviously was not the case. We eventually met the manager who claimed he could do nothing for us, as he needed "The boss" to see to it. Baring in mind, "The Boss" was meant to look at the case two days before... but didn't, as clearly no staff had seemed to make it their priority to contact them. When speaking with the manager, he didn't even attempt to contact "The Boss" and resorted to the excuse of using an online website 'booking.com' to make a complaint. The reception staff overall were unprofessional and spoke limited English.

The room that I shared with my friend was nothing like the images seen on the website. The furniture was falling to pieces, the desk looked like it was going to collapse any minute and the lamp was brown and yellow, which I am sure was intended to be white, but it was old and revolting. Why they had kept it is beyond me, it needed to be thrown away! In addition to this, the shower was beyond bad, you had to practically lie against the wall behind you to get any water on your body. You would probably clean yourself better by splashing yourself with a tap! The room was also very noisy, you could hear everything including all doors, even those above shutting! Not only this, we were both woken up at 5am by noise above which sounded like furniture moving constantly for a good two hours or so, not the wake up call you would want on holiday! Don't get me wrong it was clean, but it didn't make up for the shocking state of the room and the incident that took place at the beginning of my stay. I would not recommend anyone to stay here, as the rooms and staff were so poor!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Natasharr
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Small, clean, inexpensive for Paris. You get what you pay for, which wasn't a lot. We chose to stay here for proximity to Gare de Lyon as an overnight stop on way home from Nice. Weather awful so not really an ideal location for a few hours stopover.
Didn't have breakfast, went to patisserie across the road for coffee and a yummy almond croissant.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple