“Lovely place, very friendly, location prefect.”
Review of Hotel Windsor Home

Hotel Windsor Home
Ranked #1,321 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

5 mins from the Eiffel Tower, 10mins from the Batubos boats that take you up and down the river Siene, great location.

Coffee shop outside, every shop you'll ever need 15mins away on the champs-Élysées, lovely friendly family run hotel.

Needs a lick of paint here and there, but my home needs that.

Very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank fryertuck100

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We loved this hotel. It was charming, romantic, clean, comfortable, and in a great location. Less than a 10 minute walk to the Trocadero! The neighborhood was quite and safe. TONS of shopping. A few great restaurants, but not the hustle and bustle of the major areas. The staff was excellent and the breakfast was very good. Perfect for couples or singles, probably not for families. We had three rooms for three couples and they were all lovely with their own bathrooms. There was also a living/sitting room for us to eat and drink our own food/wine outside of breakfast. We would stay again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather D
Reviewed 9 September 2010

It was my 5th trip - this time on pleasure, business ptherwise - to Paris in 2010 and I happened to get booked into this hotel. It is by far one of the worst hotels I have stayed at in over 80 in the past 3 years. I needed to drop my wife at the airport early on the day I was to check out. I told him I would be back, shower and leave by 12. No he insisted I check out by 11.ok, I agreed. I was back at 10:20. He had taken my things and left it in the hallway. While showering he howered around in the room. This man, the proprietor keeps popping up out of the shadows in this dark dingy lousy place. If you love your wife, don't take her there. If you want to go t your meeting with peace of mind - do not go there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Smtravel96
Reviewed 5 June 2009

Our superior room was large and the whole place is furnished with really stylish antique furniture. The guy who runs the hotel is very nice and helpful - it does feel a little like staying at a friends house. Breakfast is good (croissants, sweet pastries, boiled egg, jam, coffee, tea, orange juice).
The hotel is situated on a side road w/ not much traffic and about 10 minutes walk from Trocadéro. I would definately come back again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2009

Terrible, noisy and cheap. Nothing redeeming about this joint! Stay away!

Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Johnny51
Reviewed 8 December 2007

I was lulled into this mistake by the great website and the stylish photos. Nothing could have prepared us for the reality though. Small dusty rooms. Threadbare and dirty carpets. A very unpleasant young man who seemed to run the place. He showed us alternative rooms but all were variations on the same squalid theme. Doors which would not close properly, without locks etc etc. Mold in the showers/baths. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

We paid a day's penalty and went straight to the Lancaster. I got the sense from the manager that a fair proportion of internet-booked clients immediately leave after inspecting the premises.

Our Paris getaway recovered as soon as we exited the Windsor Home but remains a very brief but unpleasant memory.

DO NOT REPEAT OUR MISTAKE!

James

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank ChicagoJames
Reviewed 24 August 2007

Simple 3 star hotel with friendly lady who owns it. Its an old house which can be a little noisy but with only 9 rooms its boutique at its best. Its close to everything and in a lovely part of Paris.

For breakfast book ahead