“Ignore the negative reviews”

Mercure Paris Terminus Nord
Ranked #1,136 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel is situated immediately outside the Gard-du-Nord so it should be no surprise there is hustle and bustle outside your window. It is superbly located to get into the Metro system and the room we had was well decorated, very clean, comfortable with a balcony out onto the action. The staff were superb too.

If you want a peaceful hotel, stop on the outskirts of Paris.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chopper_bass
Jean-Louis D, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your hotel experience you had with Mercure Paris Terminus Nord with others here on TripAdvisor.
The fact that you mention that our staff were superb means a lot to us!
We love to read that you enjoyed your well decorated and comfortable room with balcony!

We thank you for your compliments that have been shared with the entire team and hope to have you back soon with us.

Jean-Louis Descoins

Write a ReviewReviews (2,388)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jean-Louis D, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Reviewed 13 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank koen_BelgiumBrussels

Reviewed 10 March 2014

A very good hotel with very friendly staff and nice rooms, best location possible considering its located right across from Gare Du Nord.
The breakfast buffe is very good with a wide selection, I would recomend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris looking for a nice hotel for a reasonable amount of money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jean-Louis D, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Pierre,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your stay with us.

We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed our “right across the street” location and and our wide breakfast buffet.

We thank you for your compliments that have been shared with the entire team.

We hope to have you back soon with us.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel 3 nights, the room was fine, nothing special, without a view..but fairly clean and in decent condition. The second night a terrible racket came from somewhere in the building it sounded like a problem with the heating (which was noisy in the first place) it was about 4 am loud screeching and I nearly got a heart attack. it kept going for a while until I heard someone stomping in the room over mine and hit something very hard. I didn't complain at the time...these things happen in old buildings. At the check out the young man at the desk asked me about my stay, so I mentioned the incident above, he stopped at mid-flow and told me that I am wonderful, you know beautiful....I had to ask him to repeat what he was saying (I am not by the way) after I finished what I was saying and he said I should have come to reception to tell them (at 4 am in my pjs?) and he said he will upgrade me next time I came....and as I was leaving he said to 'stay sweet'...unbelievable... I have never felt so patronised in my life! I will probably complain to the hotel directly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Donatella P
Jean-Louis D, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Donatella,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. This level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned party. Regarding this matter, I would like to discuss further with you offline. I can be reached at jean-louis.descoins@book-inn-france.com or directly by phone +331.42.80.82.30.

We will be in contact to discuss further with you. Again, please accept my apology, and I hope that this hasn’t put you off a return stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights 28th feb-2nd Mar for my birthday weekend. Arrived at 10am, 4 hours before check-in and were able to leave our bags and go off to explore Paris. The hotel is literally across the street from Gare du Nord and the entrance to the metro is 5 feet from the entrance to the hotel.

The staff at the hotel were all wonderful and couldn't do enough to help. We got a free upgrade to a lovely room plus a welcome drink in the bar (excellent wine) and staff were more than happy to give directions and point things out on our map.
There are a number of family owned restaurants about, and a lovely one two doors to the left of the hotel that was cheaper than some places back in the UK but much nicer! Prices in this area are also a lot cheaper than Central Paris as it isn't a particular tourist area.

As others have commented the area can seem a bit dodgy. But that is due to it not being a particularly tourist area (other than when arriving/leaving the station), so just be wary as you would anywhere.

Sacre Cœur is within walking distance of the hotel, as is Moulin Rouge. Everything else is a few stops on the metro! It's the perfect location.

The room was lovely. Clean, spacious, comfortable with a large bed, desk, tv, and bathroom with bath/shower. Those complaining about having a room overlooking the inner courtyard - we had one of those rooms and thought it was perfect. You are guaranteed a decent nights sleep as Gare du Nord is busy at all hours so a back facing room was a nice touch.

Breakfast had plenty of options from pancakes to a cooked buffet, plus croissants and meats, cheeses, breads, muffins and fruit. The buffet wasn't to my taste but there was always something to suit everyone with lots of choice.

We had a late train back to London and the hotel was more than happy for us to leave our luggage on check out at 11am and collect prior to us leaving at 8pm in the evening which allowed us one full day in Paris without worrying about lugging bags everywhere.

Overall, if we ever come back to Paris (which I hope we will!) we will absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Mercure Paris Terminus Nord for your birthday weekend and for sharing your hotel experience with others here on TripAdvisor.
We love to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and our helpful staff !

We thank you for your compliments that have been shared with the entire team.

We would be pleased to welcome you again for your next trip in Paris (hopefully very soon!).

Jean-Louis Descoins,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A lovely hotel with excellent position, being across the road from Gare du Nord.
Staff were very helpful. Room was clean and a good size. Bathroom, larger than ave.
Doorman/porter Mouloud, made the holiday by giving us excellent advice on using the Metro and train services. Buses and Metro were straight in front of the hotel.
Very good breakfast- hot and cold alternatives.
Restaurant was wonderfully French - a little expensive but excellent food.
A great city break!

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet considering the location of the hotel.