“Quite a nice hotel for the price.”
Review of Splendid Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Splendid Hotel
Ranked #1,362 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 February 2009

The hotel is quite close from the Eiffel tower and there is a train station named Emile Zola very close to it.

I stayed in a room with 3 beds and with bathroom, it was clean and the staff in the front desk was nice. As we were there during winter, i can say that the room was warm enough to have a pleasant sleep.

We didnt take breakfast there so i have no opinion about the food.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 January 2009

We stayed here 9 days. Room 56. 106 EUROS / day for 2 adults and 1 child (12 years old).

Reception / Owner very friendly.
This room with Tour Eiffel view and good size.
No major problem with bathroom.
About 20 minutes from Tour Eiffel walking.
We did not have breakfast in hotel (8 EUROS/ pers/day).
Metro very near (Émile Zola station).
Some shops, restaurants and supermarket near.

You need to use stairs to get the elevator (like mezanino): it is small (only 2 persons or only 1 with luggage each time) and only stops in 2nd, 4th and 6th floor (so if you stay in 56 you need to go to 6th and carry your luggage one floor below).

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2008

We stayed in the Rue Cler area last year, at the Ebers Mars (a two star hotel), and thought we would upgrade to a three-star. Hotel Splendid was worth the money. We requested a view room (which our party got with a small balcony), and our standard room also had a view of the Eiffel Tower. The rooms were a good size for Paris (which are generally ridiculously small), and clean. The bathroom was tight, but clean. From the Eiffel Tower, you can see the hotel lit up, and it is extremely well-located. The front desk staff were really friendly when we first arrived, which was much appreciated. Having read the review about "bed bugs", I was really concerned and asked the front desk. The manager said, it wasn't bed bugs, they did have a problem with non-biting black beetles, but all the mattresses were replaced, and he personally guaranteed that there wasn't any problem (I am pregnant, so he made a solemn promise!). Needless to say, there was no problem whatsoever during our stay. The breakfast is not fantastic, and other options in the Rue Cler area are better. Dinner options and lunch picnicing are so convenient for this hotel (also next to the Metro). Front desk staff again, were exceptionally helpful, and made our stay really enjoyable and allowed us to see Paris with ease and comfort.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2008

Do NOT make the mistake of confusing this hotel with the Hotel Splendid (closer to the Tour Eiffel), which has received positive reviews elsewhere.This establishment was the shoddiest-run hotel I have encountered in many years of visiting Paris -- and two-star hotels. The management was worse than indifferent, the hotel itself dirty, and I still bear the scars of a close encounter with a wall-mounted television that was located at head height and almost impossible to avoid. I am not an overly fastidious or picky traveler -- this overpriced, underserviced hotel is best avoided.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank diana1187
Reviewed 13 December 2007

I found this hotel online thinking that it was a different Hotel Splendid. There were no pictures on the federal hotel site where I booked the hotel. We were disappointed when we arrived in Paris to find that the hotel I had booked did not have views of the Eiffel Tower and was completely different from what we thought it would be. But, overall it was satisfactory as a reasonably priced place to sleep. We were out of the room most of the trip so we didn't mind the small room. The room met the basic requirements with a bathroom in the room and a bed for 2. The rates were much cheaper than most Paris hotels I had looked at. And we were traveling on a budget. If you are looking for a discount hotel to stay at while enjoying Paris, this could work for you. It is in a nice area of Paris and a minute from the metro stop, the Avenue Emile Zola. It was very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pumpkin11
Reviewed 11 June 2007

where to begin? firstly the desk service is appalling. On entering the bedroom, a bad smell was the first thing. Blood stains on the bed (hidden) and air conditioning not working. This was just the beginning.

It is a grotty little hotel, 75 Euros a night should get you so much more.

We had expensive toiletries disappear from the room, when I asked at the desk It was suggested that I had thrown it away. A typical Parisian attitude ( I might add here that I have lived and worked in France for many years and have come to terms with the French attitude of Anti customer service ) Later that day our missing item was suddenly returned to the key box, no explanation or apology.

Paper thin walls, no chance of a quiet nights sleep. If you want ventilation, open the window. Paris is not a quiet city!
The room could hardly be described as clean.

Upon checkout we were overcharged, I pointed out that our 3 night stay entitled us to a 20 percent discount. The manager was abrupt and very rude, He told me the 20 percent did not count this week as it was a special week. (what is special about this week i don't know) He then lead me to the notice describing the discount, no mention of special weeks there.....

Shouting then ensued and further aggression from the manager. Stood my ground and paid the correct price in cash. Will be looking very closely at my Credit Card statement to make sure he hasn't made a deduction.

Shall not return to the "Splendid". Cannot recommend, sorry.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cham1
Reviewed 1 May 2007

my husband and i had to leave the apt. we were staying in because of a leak and were lucky to come upon this small hotel.the staff is very nice,it's clean and room 56 had a wonderful view of the eiffel tower.i love the area and the price is right,too.there's a special rate for a 3 night stay.

2  Thank gabyna