“Look no further a gem has been found in paris”
Review of Hotel Lumen

Hotel Lumen
Ranked #353 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Look no further a gem has been found in paris”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Lumen with my adult daughter, three days just wasn't long enough. This little gem of a hotel, offers not only elegance, but far beyond, the friendliness of all the staff, and caring attitude, made our stay memorable.

For a wonderful welcome and great humour, nestled into this hotel you will find Oscars restaurant, intimate, relaxed, and friendly, and with excellent food and wine, finished with the hospitality of a wonderful host Dominique Oscar, and of course all the staff. I can only say Thank You so much, I was recovering from an awful virus, and I was pampered, A Brandy, on a tray with hotwater and brown sugar in a jug, wonderful, just like home. Nothing to much trouble.
We dined in the evening at Oscars, and breakfast each morning, Excellent.

Thank You.
We will return.

Room Tip: our room was a superior. enough space for myself and my adult daughter, windows opened which was won...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MissMollyMalone
Lumen P, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lumen, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing teh Hotel Lumen and posting your coments
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service of our staff met your expectations.
We are looking forward to the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.
Yours Faithfully.

Adeline SURAULT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

I have been to Paris I don't know how many times (30?). I have stayed in all kinds of hotels. Hotel Lumen is by far the best value for money. I choose the standard room, but there is nothing standard about it. Even the view is pretty. The staff is fantastic. I really don't know what to complain about. Great location. J'aime.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us and future travellers.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hopefully we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Paris in the future.

Best regards.

Adeline SURAULT;
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The Hotel Lumen is a dream; I could not have wished for a more lovely room, or a more desirable location, for my first trip to Paris!

Though I had few interactions with the staff members, they were all very professional, polite and helpful. (I usually went out early, and returned late.) My room was not quite ready, upon my early arrival, but the desk clerk was beyond helpful in taking care of my bags and giving me directions. When my room was ready, I found it well worth the wait, and I enjoyed the complimentary bottle of wine, after my long day of traveling and sight-seeing. During my four-night stay, I did have a problem with one of the panels in my bathroom ceiling coming loose on one side. Not only was it repaired, promptly, but one of the staff members went out of his way to make sure the repair was satisfactory, when he saw me returning to the hotel that afternoon. Upon my departure, the young woman at the desk gave me a bottle of water and a packaged refreshment towel.

The hotel is a delightful blend of old world charm and contemporary elegance. To be honest, I was a little concerned with some of the online photos, thinking some of the unusual furnishings might be a bit too "quirky" for my taste, but it turned out to be uniquely beautiful.

My room was exquisite. I would have never imagined I would appreciate a room that was predominately shades of gray, but it was one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. I don't know why some have complained about the lighting, as I found that to be one of the best features of the hotel. I loved the way the hall lights would magically come on, as I stepped into the hallway, and I could accomplish any degree of lighting I desired in the room, from very dim to reading level. The bed was very luxurious and comfortable. With the mini-bar/fridge and safe in the closet, storage space in the room was minimal, but I was happy keeping my folded clothes in my suitcase.

The bathroom was incredible! It was entirely granite, with a rainfall showerhead, a handheld shower attachment and a full-size tub. There was plenty of water pressure and the hot water was fast to come. (Be careful, if adjusting during your shower, as it gets very hot!) Yes, there is an issue with water splattering on the floor, when showering, (as many others have mentioned), but it's really not a big deal. The towels were very nice, as were the robe and slippers that were provided. I thought the storage under the sink and above the commode were more than adequate.

Even though the restaurant (Oscar) was closed for dinner, due to the fact that many Parisians take their own holidays in August, they did have breakfast. I am not one to eat a large breakfast, and I was always eager to get out and about, so I did not dine there. I did peek in, one morning and, like everything else at the Lumen, it looked lovely.

To be able to wake up in the heart of Paris, just blocks from the Louvre and many other amazing locations, was an enjoyable experience I will never forget. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe and comfortable, even coming in to the hotel very late at night. I really cannot say enough about this charming hotel. Yes, it's a bit expensive, though not as expensive as some others in the same area, and the location, security, and comfort make it worth every penny.

Room Tip: I only know about room 301, which was beautiful and very comfortable, with a charming view onto the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Melody M
Hull
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Central location. Easy access to every where. Friendly staff, good buffet breakfast and enjoyable dinner. We had a lovely time and would recommend it to anyone wanting a nice place to stay. Will definitely go back

Room Tip: Go for a suite - has a jacuzzi !
hants
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is a small hotel in a fantastic location about 5 minutes walk from the Louvre, Jardin du Tuileries and the Seine. There are a couple of supermarkets really close by and plenty of cafes and brasseries. There are some lovely shops too, just 2 minutes away on the Rue Saint Honore. Although there is a Metro station close by, you can pretty much walk to most of the attractions.

The staff on the front desk were very knowledgeable and really helped with little tips to make the most of our stay in Paris.

The rooms are nicely decorated, fairly small, but it's in the centre of Paris. The bed was very comfortable, with fresh bedding everyday. The bathroom was very clean with bathrobes and slippers provided. Nice touches like Godiva chocolates on your pillow each evening and Hermes products in the bathroom.

We had breakfast included in our rate and we were happy with the choices offered...eggs, bacon, ham, smoked salmon, pancakes, fresh fruit, quiche, cake, fresh bread and of course croissants and pain au chocolat! There is a restaurant attached to the hotel and we enjoyed several meals there.

On checking out of the hotel, we were given bottles of water for our journey home.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, I wouldn't hesitate in booking it again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We had a very pleasant 3 day stay at the Lumen last weekend. The location was perfect- right opposite the Jardin Tuileries/Louvre and we could walk absolutely everywhere.
Our room was on the small side (but that's Paris) but perfectly proportioned and we even had a balcony which was great for chilling out on before dinner. It was clean and we were welcomed with a bottle of Red wine on our arrival. All staff were very friendly and helped book dinner reservations. (we ate at Market which was lovely- would highly recommend!).
The restaurant at the Lumen was not open after the breakfast service but that didn't matter as we were so central and wouldn't have dined there anyway. The breakfast was great and actually one of the better ones I've had in Paris (I visit at least twice a year) and there was lots of choice.
All in all, a great hotel but slightly pricey but again, that's Paris for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor balcony room if possible... In August Paris is very quiet but any other time of...
1 Thank Philippa W
Buntingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Cannot find anything negative to say about the Lumen. Clean, smart, modern, comfy air conditioned. Reception staff very nice and helpfull. Lots of choice for breakfast. We would love to return here in the future. Tres Bon!!