“Good but no 4 star”

Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre
Ranked #337 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I went to Paris in June and booked this hotwire via hotwire so got it on the cheap. I do believe if you can get it for under 150 euro a night it's worth it. The bed is comfortable, roomes are clean, concierage is helpful. However, one thing did stand out is its location. 5 minute walk to the Louvre and 2 minutes to the metro is wonderful, plenty of brassaries nearby as well for good, reasonably priced French food (don't eat at the restaurant, there are better food around). The downside I think it's it's not really a 4 star hotel, besides a comfortable room it has zero amenities. The rooms are also very tiny (I don't mind since I'm traveling alone but for a couple it can be a squeeze). So all in all, I think for what I paid (130 euro) it's a good deal but would I pay 200 euro for it? Probably not.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LuqingZhang

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was initally to find that there were pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor so I excitedly booked the hotel. The hotel was quiet pricey but I thought that the reviews would make up for the price.

First, please pay attention to many of the negative reviews posted here. It is very accurate. I should have paid more attention. However, there were some pros about the hotel.

Let's start with the Pros because there were some positive things about the hotel.

Pros- The first concierge who greeted us was very nice. Her name was Anaeed (not sure of the spelling). She was really sweet and helpful. The room was nicely kept and modern. We had a nice view of a church and partial view of the Louvre Museum which was about 4 blocks away. The location was excellent and safe and quiet. The best part about this hotel was the location as it was very close to the Louvre Museum and Pyramides subway stop.

Cons- The hotel was very expensive for what it was not. The hotel appears to be trendy and modern but you could definitely see that it was very superficial. Other than the first concierge being excellent and wonderful, the other staff members were not very welcoming much less greeted us as we entered the lobby. One lady had such an unwelcoming face that I was scared to even ask her a question. It appears that many of the staff should be retrained in customer service. The rooms were actually ok however I noticed some stains on the pillow covers which I thought was a little distasteful. Also, the shower does not have a full shower door so the water sprays all over the bathroom floor. The shower also was missing a side tile that was being hidden by a trash can that was placed by it so it looked very distasteful.
The connecting restaurant was ok for breakfast but if you have to pay for the breakfast it is a waste of money as they charge 22 euros per person for some croissants and pastries.
This hotel would be ok if it was priced for what service and value you receive. I don't believe that I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is on a high floor and not facing the street view.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Hotel Lumen is the type of hotel you want to stay at in Paris. It's intimate, has everything you need, it's in a great location and it has a sense of style that actually intices you to hang around and enjoy.

Despite some negative comments about room sizes, I thought the rooms were a great size for Paris (I've stayed in some tteny tiuny rooms for a lot more money). The little design touches make it just that little bit more special and give it that "boutique feel" they are famous for.

If I had 2 negative things to say it would be the following: I was in Room 206 and the shower sprayed all over the place because of the moving semi-glass door. It was actually quite annoying having a wet bathroom all of the time.

My other criticism is the breakfast room. The staff are perfectly nice but I wouldn't say that they were overly "buzzy" or welcoming. The restaurant where the buffet is served is quite large and a little more cocktail lounge like therefore you need someone to tell you where everything is, where to sit and generally make you feel like you aren't walking into a semi-closed restaurant.

Other than those 2 minor things, I would defintiely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone heading to Paris. It's really quite beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Lumen P, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Stefanok,
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us and future travellers.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
However, there are some issues that you mention that need to be adressed. Allow me to comment on some of your observations:
The bathroom of our standard single room ,
I took good note of your comment and we will work on it to find a way to fix this problem.
Our breakfast room,
Our breakfast is served in our restaurant " Oscar", enjoying a nice sitting area and a beautiful terrasse with a view on Saint Roch Church. I will share your comment with our restaurant team as I totally understand what could be the feeling when you come in for the first time.
I hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Hotel LUMEN Paris Louvre in the future.
My best regards
Director of sales.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel has the best service! They make you really feel like home, yet its exclusive! Great breakfast and the beds are superb. We were 3 couples staying and all had the same experience. The location couldnt have been better.

Room Tip: get room on 6th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lumen P, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

We are very pleased to read that your stay with us was such a success and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre in the future.

Director of Sales

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Beautiful hotel , in the heart of the city, the room is so comfy and nice , it can be your own bedroom in your house. The decoration is very warm and makes you feel at home. Nice biew from the room, we are on the 5 th floor. The staff are very nice and helpful.
Really really like this hotel and defenitivly recomanded to everybody for their stay in paris.

Room Tip: Take higher floor,
1  Thank Taffoolie

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to share your impressions with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay wih us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Director of sales

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We had just the one night in Paris and so were delighted with the amazing location in order to see the main sights within a day. Literally a couple of minutes walk from Le Louvre, Tiuleries gardens etc. Felt like a nice part of Paris with many high end shops nearby. Rooms were small - as I expected from the other reviews - but were nicely decorated and comfortable. The noise from the road not a problem at all and being able to open the window to the small juliette balcony was great. Breakfast was fine if not outstanding, beautiful orange juice is worth noting! Service from one of the Receptionists was terriffic, from the others was perfectly OK. I'd contacted the hotel in advance to ask them to book a table at L'Ardoise which they did extremely efficiently and we were glad we did, the food was delicious. Would highly recommend this hotel for a short break.

Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for your very kind review of our property. It is with great pleasure that I read your comments and I will make sure to pass them on to our staff as I know they will be very pleased with the positive feedback!
I am thrilled that we met your expectations.
We do pride ourselves with the quality of service we provide and we work very hard every day to offer genuine, professional and friendly service and it is always nice when we get such reviews!
Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel LUMEN Paris Louvre in the near future.
Director of sales

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Have just spent 2 nights at the Hotel Lumen in Paris whilst attending the French Open. The location of this hotel is perfect, a stone's throw from the Louvre, Tuilieries Gardens, Rue St Honore and Champs Elysee. The rooms are small but perfectly adequate; normal for Paris; but beautifully decorated and equipped. If you want something different to the normal chain hotels this is it. Staff were friendly and helpful, arranging taxis etc for us. Would definitely go back and have already recommended to friends who are thinking of visiting Paris soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travellers, it is much appreciated.
We are thrilled to read that your expectations were met and that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel LUMEN Paris Louvre in the future.
Best regards