“Meh”
Review of 9HOTEL OPERA

9HOTEL OPERA
Ranked #323 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The 9Hotel Opera is about halfway between Gare du Nord and Opera in the 9e. We're used to small rooms in Paris, and this was typically-sized. However, we booked a "superior" room that was dungeon-like. The walls are black and white with no art, and the floor is dark wood. There was no closet, only a free-standing clothes rack. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is also typically small but workable. Distressingly, there was a bit of mildew in the shower stall. The street is only one block long and quiet at night. We chose the hotel because it's close to Gare du Nord, and we had to leave early on our last day. As at the 9Hotel Central in Brussels, the hotel for some reason charges 15 euro for breakfast, a lot of money for a hotel whose rooms start at about 120 euro. There are numerous alternatives within a couple of blocks. Also as at the 9Hotel Brussels, the staff are not knowledgeable about local sights and restaurants. The hotel is about a 20-minute walk to central Paris and close to a station on the No. 7 Metro line, which is convenient to most attractions. The neighborhood is nothing special, but we did find a wonderful restaurant within two blocks of the hotel, and there are many other places nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9HOTEL, Directeur général at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear wfadler,

First of all I would to thank you very much for reviewing 9HOTEL OPERA and for your next trip I would recommend you to try our 9CLUB room.

We take good note of your feed back and we really do hope to welcome you very soon in Paris or Brussels in one of our 9HOTEL.

I wish you to have a very good time during your holidays,

With my Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for 9HOTEL OPERA

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Overall an enjoyable stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is not good value for money, and the rooms are very small and minimalistic. The location is great, near metro and we enjoyed walking in the surrounding area exploring cafes and restaurants.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sellery2008

Dear Thomas,

First of all we would like to thank you very much for your review concerning your last staying in 9HOTEL OPERA and we take good note of it.

We really do hope to welcome you very soon in 9HOTEL OPERA,

With my Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very well located! The simple and stripped-down style is ideal for those who do not care about the superfluous and want the essential for a good time in Paris. Also the staff is very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
9HOTEL, Gérant at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Filipa M,

Thank you for your warm words. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and we are looking forward to welcome you again for your next trip in Paris.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a good hotel and could've get rating 4 from me but they cancelled my reservation on some ridiculous reason one day before the check-in date. So we had to go to another hotel for that night after arriving at 12:30am! I was traveling with my wife and parents so can you imagine the position that I was in when I had to explain that to them after a tiring trip?

They said they couldn't charge my credit card which I was able to use throughout Europe and they sent an email telling that they cancelled my reservation 1 day before our arrival. I never received that email. Even if I had received I could've missed it because I was traveling to Paris. The fact that they cancelled it without confirming with me even when they have my phone number is beyond belief. A simple phone call could've easily solved this situation but they went with the most stupid option. Still can't believe it.

You may be wondering why I gave rating 2 instead of 1? Well, they kind of rectified the situation by honoring the rest of the reservation (except the night we arrived because they were full) and offered free breakfast and a slightly reduced rate to make up for the difference we had to pay for the other hotel we stayed. Also in general the hotel was ok. It has extremely nice breakfast. It has nice rooms but a very small bathroom (which is kind of norm for boutique hotels). Hotel is on a very narrow street so there isn't much to say about the room view as the next building is 75 feet away. Wi-fi was very slow so we had to use our phones to connect to the internet. Rooms were clean and the bed was ok. Checkout was fast. It is very close to metro line 7 but note that metro line 1 transfer in Louvre museum station is closed till June 27 which is something to look out for when planning your trip or airport transfers.

Normally I'd have probably given rating of 4 if we hadn't experienced this reservation blunder but it scarred our Paris trip as it was quite an inconvenience for us as it happened midnight with two old people in the tow. It was one of the many other reasons that made me confirm what my friends have been telling me all along that Paris is not a good city to visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank O A
9HOTEL, Gérant at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Cher O A,

We apologize for the inconveniences and it is with great attention that we have taken into account your comments and feedback. Be sure that the information will be given to the concerned departments.

We hope you enjoyed your journey in Paris, and we will be glad to welcome you again for your next stay.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel is a nice one and is well located. What I liked the most , is the behavior of the Management , they let you feel at home. These ladies deserve a big thank you.
the rooms are comfortable , mine was too small but this is typical in Paris.
The breakfast room is cosy and nicely decorated but is too much underground and breakfast is slightly expensive.
In general , I recommend it and I like it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank George K
9HOTEL, Gérant at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear George K,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

We are pleased you liked your stay at the 9HOTEL OPERA. Keep you posted by following us on Facebook “9HOTEL OPERA” and signing up our newsletter (on our website, at the bottom of the page).

Looking forward to host you soon in Paris !

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

myself and my partner stayed at 9 hotel in april 2013. the rooms were a little small but the place was very very clean the food was expensive but very good and the staff(the man that was running reception during our stay) was extremely helpful, he really took the time out to help us out/direct us and got out a map and wrote where everything was to ensure we found everything quickly and easily. We would definitely recommend 9 Hotel and will be returning again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear amy J,

Thank you for posting your comment.

We are pleased you liked the service delivered by the 9HOTEL OPERA team. Keep you posted by following us on Facebook “9HOTEL OPERA” and signing up our newsletter (on our website, at the bottom of the page).

Looking forward to host you again !

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Quite probably being the couple that held up the former reviewer......We stayed here in April '13. In a club room and had a very positive experience. This January was a different experience.

However, on this occasion it was highly unsatisfactory. We booked a 'superior room'! There was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room upon our arrival. Which I would expect in a 3* hotel. Although it does state on the website exactly what is in the room.

The air conditioning did not work, just blew warm air, making the room very uncomfortable.

There was no hot water both nights of our stay.

We could hear the conversation and laughter of the room next door.

Our double bed was two single beds pushed together, which apparently is the 'norm' for a superior room. Which was also squeaky!

We bought the express breakfast on the Saturday morning and felt it was unfair this was added to bill after the shambles, and we protested this to the receptionist on the Sunday morning at checkout. She didn't care much, and said she had no authority to deal with the matter.

When all said and done this hotel is style over substance!

Room Tip: You need to book a club room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Patrick C

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for posting your comment.

We do apologize for the inconvenients you underwent during your stay at the 9HOTEL OPERA. Our hosts’ fulfilment is very important to us, and my team and myself really do focus on that matter.

We hope you will give us another chance, so you can experience our genuine standard of service.

Best Regards,