“Simple very French/Paris”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Loved this place, the food was excellent. The menu was in French and I found it challenging even though I speak a little. The waitress did not speak English and had a dismissive attitude until we spoke in French. There were no other English, just locals. What a great place, just what I was looking for, even got a galic shrug. Will go again.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

This place doesn't try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to food. It's a run of the mill french bistro with a simple traditional menu.

But man, they know what they are doing. I've been there about 10 times now and always try to fit in at least one visit when I go home to Paris.

Everything I've had there was excellently prepared and tasted just right. It's also very affordable for Paris standards, especially now that the 18th district has become so trendy and far away enough from the whole touristy side of Montmartre to be enjoyable.

If you want the full experience, order your food then go across the street to the wine shop on the opposite corner. Tell them what you ordered and let them recommend a fitting wine. Both places belong to the same owner and they will bring the wine over for a mere 5€ extra on the bottle price. Considering restaurants usually take 3x the retail price on a bottle, this is an absolutely amazing offer.

I love it!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Exhaustive wine card and good cheese / cold cut plate to accompany it. The staff was very helpful and patient to my attempts to speak French.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We stumbled upon this place on our first day as we explored our new neighbourhood for the week. Jet lagged and starving, the sight of locals, workmen, a few old gents crowding the restaurant was a sign that we should stop in.
We had a glass of rose and shared a delicious charcuterie/cheese board with lots of bread and salty butter. It was THE perfect first meal in Paris.

We went back later in the week with our teenaged son (who was sleeping the first time we went) and had one of the best lunches of our entire trip. Simple, well prepared food, big portions, friendly service and a really nice little wine list.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I've been here because it was close to my hotel, but here I found a true Parisien bistrot with really good french cusine (goose in particular)! Me and my familiy really loved this place. I hope to get back soon!