“Late night drink”
Review of 1728

Reserve with
1728 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,418 of 17,597 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Was a beautiful setting for a late drink on our way to our beautiful hotel across the walkway. Did not try dinner or any food.

2  Thank FourSons2014

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Probably one of the loveliest and most romantic restaurants in Paris to dine in style. Louis XIV style. It feels so nice to be there. Old wood work, antiques and art pieces, candlelight, paintings and tapestries, in various rooms, all differently decorated, and never intimidating. The food.is almost secondary although it's honestly done, modern but not too adventurous. The menu is short, which is a good way to concentrate on good execution of a few dishes. Nothing fancy, but fresh produce and a measured use of spices as an original twist on simple recipes. Pastries come from a famous Parisian pastry chef. The cheese plate could have a selection of better cheese though. Good champagne list.

1  Thank Sylvie S
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I came here to celebrate my friend's birthday. The table was reserved by her fiancee and the restaurant knew it was my friend's birthday.

The waiter offered us a menu that was only in French and refused to translate it for us even though he spoke English. When we asked for wine recommendation, he said that they have white and red wine. That's it. Only white wine and red wine, these are your options. I felt like I was in a diner somewhere in Queens.

The food was good. I had something that was decribed by the waiter as "chicken from forrest" and it was pretty tasty. I wish we had better wine though...

But the waiter was hooooorrible....
With all his behaviour he was showing us that he was trully unpleased dealing with us, two foreign young ladies. We felt very unwelcomed... :(

At the end of the lunch, I just simply mentioned that if we were in the USA, my friend would have a cake with a candle from the restaurant. You know, it's cute and it's good customer service, even if the retaurant charges us for this cake, it still shows that the restaurant cares for their clients. The waiter said - 'well, if you want a cake, you should ordered it then, and pay extra for the candle too".
I was a little bit shocked to hear this rude responce.

Then the waiter probably decided to have a little talk to us. He asked my friend if it was really her birthday, so why would she be having lunch with only one friend. Is that because people don't like her and she doesn't have any friends?

What kind of question is that?!

This restaurant is so gorgeous, I would love to come back but they really need to train their staff. This behavior is not acceptable by any means.

4  Thank LazNYC
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

There's not much to say here. The food is uninspired and just average. When we were seated it took over fifteen minutes for our waitor to come to the table. The worst part of it was that we saw staff looking at us and telling each other to attend to us; no one came.

When someone finally came, we received service no better than we'd expect to find at our local Chilis. In the end, we finally complained and were told the staff did not like to serve Americans. I wish they'd have told us sooner and we would have happily avoided this overpriced place.

5  Thank Ymscih
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The venue is a 10. The food was wonderful. I had the steak with chimichurri sauce. Cheesecake delicious. Unfortunately the whole experience was spoiled by the inattentive, hostile, unsmiling( except when we left) waiter in a black suit. We spend too much dialogue on how we dislike him. For a dinner that cost over 250 euros I would say this is a problem for the restaurant and for guests. The assisting staff was nice. In addition our hotel called ahead to see if there was a dress code. they said no so we went in casual dress and when we got there people were dressed to the nines. We did not feel welcomed so we will not be coming back.

2  Thank LiaC177