“Delicious French food, prepared with love of serving fresh tasty meals, impeccable and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Au Bascou

Au Bascou
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Au Bascou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,021 of 16,854 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$66
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Notre Dame / Marais
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Food jewel in the Art et Metiers/Republique area.
Food jewel in the Art et Metiers/Republique area.
This restaurant is small but food is outstanding, with freshly prepared ingredients, with some changing daily. I particularly appreciated the juicy meats served with a julienne de legumes (instead of the usual boring and fattening French fries) that was cooked at perfection, and served "tiede" (not cold and not hot).
Price is really fair for a lunch menu with such a quality. I could stay there hours just tasting their bread, that is made for them with the upmost quality ingredients. As I could not finish my bottle of wine, they let me take it back home. This was a very nice and professional gesture.
A not-to-miss place in that area, full of customers speaking about their businesses at lunch time. So typically French!

• Visited August 2014

• Czech first
Chevy Chase, MD
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We went here because it was extremely close to our flat. I didn't actually have high expectations because of some previous reviews, but we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I love ris de veau, and was not disappointed in this at all. My wife had fish, very well prepared. Starters and desserts were also very pleasing. The wine list is short but decent. Would happily return. One interesting comparison is with Pramil, around the corner: at Pramil virtually all the diners were tourists, while at Au Bascou it was exactly the opposite, with most diners being native French speakers.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank luv_2_travel_2012_1
Biddeford, Maine
“Good food, good price friendly welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

A pleasant restaurant, with good service and good food. The wait staff were friendly, and efficient. The restaurant had a cozy feel to it, and is ideally located in the heart of Paris. I would gladly return.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank francoamerican85
San Anselmo, California
“A hidden gem, great value and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We loved this restuarant. We walked from the metro in the pouring rain, got a little lost and were soaked by the time we located the front door. No matter though, once we were inside, we hung up our coats and immediately felt at home. The decor is inviting, warm and unique and has one of the most interesting bathroom sinks I have ever seen. We were clearly the only tourists (and the only Americans) eating there that night and there was definitely the feel of a neighborhood restaurant with groups and couple at the tables all around us speaking french and obviously having a very congenial time together. I should add that we visited here on our second night so we were all still a bit jet lagged and the low key atmosphere was absolutely perfect for us, but the restaurant is so much more than "just" a neighborhood bistro.

The food was excellent, it was on the simplier less rich side and extremely nuanced in taste and texture. The four of us each had something different (a combination of salads, meats and pastas) and we each loved our dish. I wish I could be more specific but I forget exactly what we ordered, only that it was delicious. I do remember the deserts were very good, although not outstanding. WIne selections were very nice.

The waitress and the stafff were all very (very) helpful with the french menu and the chef came out several times to walk by the tables and say hello.

The prices were very reasonable and we would most definitely go back to Au Bascou.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank kristinehanna
“The best french food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I have been there twice and I really like this restaurant, the menu is all in french but the staff is helpful to describe the dishes, the staff is really nice and efficient, the food is delicious and the restaurant is very well decorated!! I can say that this is probably my favorite restaurant in Paris. The prices go from €18 but everything is worth it!

Visited October 2013