“Old and delicious”

Auberge Nicolas Flamel
Reserve with
Auberge Nicolas Flamel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #492 of 18,461 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$24 - US$106
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notre Dame / Marais
Reviewed 6 July 2014

In the oldest (1407) building in Paris, lives a wonderful restaurant. Great food and service in an historic building. The story of the building is fascinating. Do not miss it!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The five course tasting menu with wine pairings was exquisite! Each course was creatively and subtly constructed and visually appealing. The atmosphere was delightful, and the service was very good. (We were there on a Monday night with a light crowd.) We enjoyed a post-dinner conversation with the chef in which he told us that food had been his passion since he was a young boy. That fact was evident in the lovely repast that we enjoyed.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Kudos to my DK Paris travel guide - this was highlighted as one of the best. Located on a tiny street in a medieval section of Paris a couple blocks east of Les Halles, this restaurant offers an inspired menu. That being said, it is a limited menu due to the small space. My 10 yo daughter & I shared an asparagus soup that includes fresh asparagus with a soft-boiled egg that blew my mind. My husband got the lobster dish - very rich. My papa & I got the lamb dish, which was very tender.

For the tourist - this is off the beaten path in an historical building that you would miss unless you are really concentrating on it. Not everyone speaks English. But...it is a place that from my eavesdropping with my mediocre French is one that the locals enjoy.

I look forward to returning on our next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This may have been the find of the trip, at least for eating. Only a short block and a half from our hotel (the Georgette), we ended up going twice during our 11 days in Paris. The staff is friendly and helpful (particularly in dealing with my wife's gluten intolerance), the food is superb, and they have a spectacular wine list (maybe too many choices). Not having a reservation was not a problem either time. It's tough to make choices, but I think that our favorite dishes from the 2 visits were the salmon starter (although the langoustine was really good) and the lobster main dish. But I think you can't go wrong here. While it's not inexpensive, it's very reasonably priced for the quality of food you get.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This small, fine restaurant is tucked away in a small street in the Marais. It is in the former home of Nicolas Flamel, constructed in 1407, and claims to be the oldest restaurant in Paris. The ambience is very pleasant, decor is in keeping with the very ancient beamed ceilings. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. I had an excellent lamb entree with a very good white wine recommended by my waiter. The atmosphere is quiet and romantic. I enjoyed Nicolas Flamel and will definitely return.