“This may not bother you, but it did bother us.”
Review of Auguste

Auguste
Reserve with
Auguste is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 18,353 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have eaten at Auguste several times, mostly for lunch, which, incidentally is a grand bargain.
We ate here the other night for dinner. The food was great, especially the appetizer. The annoying thing for us was that the restaurant was full of English-speaking diners, mostly Americans. Yes, we too are American, but when we are in France, we want to feel that we are having a French cultural experience. Surrounded by our own countrymen (country persons?), this was difficult. An added problem for us is that Americans are loud. Their conversations carry throughout the room. When indulging in fine dining, we find that the French do not behave this way.

So, if the situation I have described might irritate you, perhaps you may wish to try another restaurant.

1  Thank shcarlyle

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Recommended by our hotel concierge, we got the earliest reservation (7:30pm) available. We are not normally regulars to high end restaurants, but wanted to do a really nice meal in Paris and this is one of the best meals we have ever had.

At 7:30 we were the first in the restaurant - nice atmosphere, excellent and attentive service, incredible food. Kind of quiet - an intimate place with only about 10 tables. Menu was 100% in French but the waiter was more than fluent in English and helped us through. Like many higher end restaurants, even if in english, the selections were a bit mysterious, so we chose the tasting menu for 85Euro each. To the amazement of the staff, we didnt do the wine pairing and opted for water.

Tasting menu was 6 courses and we were able to give a few preferences (like no oysters please) and the adapted their menu for us. nice.

Meal was exceptional with many new and wonderful flavors and exceptional presentation. Unlike most French restaurants, the service was also exceptional - pretty sure there was some magic way they could tell when my bread was almost gone or glass half empty because they never let us go dry.

I think we did cause a bit of a panic as we asked the bread guy about the kind of cheese served in the cheese course - three servers came back wanting to know what was wrong (apparently the bread guy didnt speak english and we scared him) -

The chocolate souffle was amazing - perhaps the most rich thing ever put in my mouth.

Left completely satisfied with a memory that will last a lifetime - completely happy to pay the 175 Euro bill.

Completely recommend this place.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had two "Menu Prestige", which included five courses and wine pairing. Everything was excellent and certain dishes absolutely shined. Neither of us are huge fans of oysters, but we were both blown away by the oyster dish. These were easily the best oysters I have ever eaten. Everything that followed was also delicious: mini flaky langoustine rolls, fish, veal and a chocolate soufflé. They also brought out an extra dessert with a candle to celebrate my birthday, which was a very nice surprise. The service was outstanding. This is a Michelin-star restaurant and we were afraid that the service would be stuffy and intimidating, but not at all. They strike just the right note of friendly and professional. We had the restaurant to ourselves for at least half of our meal, but we didn't feel like the waiters were standing around us breathing down our necks. At the same time, they were there exactly when they needed to be. In short, top-notch food and service. We had a wonderful evening.

1  Thank missamaterasu
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I like this intimiate place.

I booked online and opted for the 5-course surprise menu with wine pairing at 115 euros and I think it's good value for money.

All the dishes (especially th oyserts) were delicious. I don't know a lot about wine but the wine I'd went evry well with the food. The service was freindly and attentive.

I'd receommend this place.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My daughter and I ate here our second night in Paris. We were pleased to be able to get a reservation on short notice. We ordered the tasting menu with wine pairing. Every course they brought out was better than the one before it. And the wines were all the perfect compliment to the dish. The oyster they served was probably the freshest single portion of seafood that I have ever eaten! The staff was friendly and very attentive as they went through an explanation of each dish. We were one of the last to leave the restaurant that night, and they offered to call a cab for us so we would have a safe trip back to our hotel. We had a very memorable dining experience at Auguste !