“Friendly French restaurant”

Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Description: The famous Bouillon Racine is in the district of the celebrated Parisian university of the Sorbonne. This splendid brasserie was created in the art nouveau style by the Chartier brothers in 1906. The building itself is a listed building and the interior has been painstakingly renovated to its former splendour. The chef Alexandre Belthoise proposes a menu mixing modern and traditional French with specialities such as stuffed milk pig, beef stew or the creme brulee flavoured with maple syrup. The Bouillon Racine takes you on a wonderful journey through time back to the Paris of the 1900s.
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

As a group of 7 we managed to sample a reasonable portion of the menu. The food was very good to excellent. The wine list was fairly extensive (covering most of France) and ranged from genuinely affordable to mortgage testing. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. Recognising that we were a mixture of English and Australian we got menu's in French and English (plus pictures for the Ozzie's). Highlights included French onion soup, filet steak and the Mercier champagne. Hard to fault. We'd be very happy to go back.

Date of visit: July 2016
Votrerestaurant, Responsable commercial at Bouillon Racine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Hello,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with us so much and that you found the food and the service so stunning.

I will share your positive feedback with all the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon at our Restaurant.

Write a reviewReviews (1,889)

Reviewed 29 June 2016

My husband and I were part of a group of visitors to the Sorbonne in May and so we found ourselves in this beautiful place. The surroundings are gorgeous, particularly if you are lucky enough to be dining upstairs with all the beautiful mirrors just like Versailles!

Service prompt, friendly, attentive and efficient. We had the duck. Presentation, quality and taste were superb. Dessert was creme brûlée...the way creme brûlée should be done and it was well let's just say it was pure perfection.

All contributed to the very many happy memories I have of Paris since first visiting as a 17 year old on a school trip. Paris is such a beautiful city. Take. Time to find the really special places like Bouillon Racine. There you will find an absolute treasure and won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

This was by far the best meal we had in Paris. Superb waiting staff, and very helpful manager. Will certainly recommend to friends and return here too. Menu not outrageously expensive, and the decor made it a really special evening. Many thanks!

Date of visit: June 2016
Votrerestaurant, Responsable commercial at Bouillon Racine, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Hello,

A big thank you for your very kind comment. I am pleased that we manage to meet your expectations and look forward welcoming you again soon.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

A Paris institution that did not disappoint. Just wish they could've explain the cheeses as they were a bit ordinary - strange in France. But I would recommend as it is gorgeous inside and the rest of the food was lovely.

Date of visit: June 2016
Votrerestaurant, Responsable commercial at Bouillon Racine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for your nice review. It makes me so happy that you enjoy Bouillon Racine !
I hope that you will come back soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2016

It's a beautifully decorated and designed restaurant. It was a sunny day where I had lunch with my group of 25. As I sit on the second floor and looked around me, it feels like I have traveled back to the past. I feel the decors and the silverware were antiques. The setting gives an elegant vibe and relaxing. The food was of course delicious beyond the expectation. The food look simple, yet it tasted great!

Date of visit: April 2016

Dear Juliana,

I would like to thank you for your feedback on your experience at Bouillon Racine.

I’m glad you still remember our restaurant and enjoy thinking about it.
Your compliments on the cuisine and the location most sincerely appreciated, and I will happily share them with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again in our restaurant.