“the best oysters I ate”

Ca'n Picafort, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best oysters I ate”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The restaurant was just across my hotel le grand hotel de normandie so I tried the 36€ menu and I was amazed, the best oyster I have EVER had, the fish was so fresh and rafined, the desert also, will highly recommand, and getting a free voucher card from my hotel for glasses of wine was a great plus ;)

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
“Do Not Eat Here”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have a drink to enjoy the historical decor, but the food is very very ordinary. Maybe they can't do much wrong with oysters and champagne, but the 30euro meals are not as good as a quick service restaurant and the seafood platters a total rip-off. Tourist trap pure and simple, gives Paris a bad name.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank WongaPigeon
“Probably not a fan”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Went with family of five, which includes a well behaved 6 year old. Food only ok, and dinner with one bottle of inexpensive wine was $280 or €200. That's not bad but in exchange we had a table filled with unattended glasses, no more water, had to ask for literally everything, no one really seemed to care that we were there.

I speak enough French and am polite always so I know it wasn't an ugly American thing.

Just a restaurant staff that doesn't really care about service.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Jaxkrammy
Somerset
“Art nouveau extravaganza”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have visited Mollard several times before but this was our first visit for ten years - we were in the vicinity. What a disappointment. The service was lacklustre and slow. The food disappointing - the menu limited. Only when we ordered dessert did we discover that the menu in English which we had been given initially differed from the menu in french. The latter included several "plats de jour" which were simply absent from the english, tourist menu. What a let down. We complained to our waiter who responded with a gallic shrug. Despite the wonderful decoration we have crossed Mollard off our list of places to revisit. What a shame - it used to be a gem but has definitely lost any sparkle.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank andrewbo
Chicago, IL
“Worst meal ever and very depressing for Paris”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Steak was inedible. Daughter got sick from her duck. Waitress seemed like she couldn't wait to get out of there. I saw them recycling rolls from other people's bread baskets. I couldn't believe I was in Paris it was I so bad. Soiled and torn carpet. Torn chair upholstery. Filthy menu. Very sad and very bad.

• Visited June 2014