“Wouldn't necessarily recommend!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buddha Bar

Buddha Bar
Reserve with
Buddha Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,385 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$75 - US$81
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: reated thanks to the visionary imagination of Raymond Visan, owner of the famous Barfly in Paris, this restaurant-bar-lounge, located on the ultra-chic Faubourg St Honoré, rapidly became a a must-see and be-seen in the French capital. With its cinema-style décor, covering a 1,000 square meter surface area, the Buddha-Bar boasts majestic proportions, with three levels built around a monumental Buddha, over 4 meters high. Alcove lounges wind around the mezzanine and its bar sculpted in the form of a dragon with red scales and green jade, offering strategically cozy spots, where you may enjoy a privileged moment of relaxation by candlelight, unobserved by others. Gigantic arabesque chandeliers in red velvet embroidered with golden thread are beautifully suspended above the restaurant with its round tables and warm, discreet red lounge, for a fully enjoyable dining experience. The Pacific Rim menu with Pan-Asian, Californian and European influences, combines fresh products, subtle flavors and spices from around the world, based on a concept of sharing meals. The warm and pleasant Pacific atmosphere and the restaurant's attentive and friendly waiting staff help create a highly relaxing ambiance, which is subtly enhanced by the music carefully selected by the resident DJs. Here, you are suspended in time and the journey is just beginning.... Breathe in deeply....You are at the BUDDHA-BAR.
Massachusetts
“Wouldn't necessarily recommend!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

With all the amazing restaurants available in Paris, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this to others. We were seated and waited twenty minutes before being approached by our waiter. We had made reservations for 10:30 and if it were not so late I believe we may have just walked out. The restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel. The atmosphere is quite nice I would say the food is average. The service is pretty poor and I would not go back for that main reason. It's too bad because it seems like it really could be a nice place!

Xavier R, Directeur d'Exploitation at Buddha Bar, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Christine,

I would like to thank you for taking to time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Paris.

I am disappointed to hear about the service issue you experienced throughout your evening.

This certainly does not reflect the service our staff prides themselves on. Please be assured I have followed up with the management team in order to improve our service.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for a better experience.

Best regards,

• Turkish first
Costa d'en Blanes, Spain
“Great Experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The restaurant is beautiful and the decoration is spectacular! It really makes you feel like you are in a very special place. The food is excellent and even though it's a huge place the service is also great. Highly recommendable! Reservation is a must, especially on weekends.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Magdalena R
Dublin, Ireland
“"No no no!", or in French "non non non!"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Went here with a group of 8 friends and chose the "family" meal. A shared meal with bowls/plates of food.
While the ambience and setting are very pleasant the food is vastly overpriced. We enjoyed our starters and found that they left us wanting more, which I suppose a good starter should do.
However we found the the main courses, four meat dishes and one dish of rice were too small, by far. One of the components was a red prawn curry dish which while tasty gave only one prawn and some rice to each of us. We felt the same about the portion sizes of the rest of the dishes and mentioned it to the maître'd.
He seemed surprised that we would want more. He asked if we wanted another dish and when we asked if would be complimentary he said no.
For €80 a head I would expect larger portion sizes and a more reasonable response when such strong feedback is offered.
The food quality was not so great that such an expensive price was warranted. It was the same as any Chinese restaurant anywhere and the food was actually quite cold.

The experience ruined mine and my friends evening and I would not at all recommend this restaurant. There are better quality more correctly priced restaurants elsewhere.

“Great place for great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Budda Bar was a great experience, and we are really thankful for getting our table for two at a crowded night. The atmosphere was romantic and mystic, and set the perfect venue for our night. For dinner we chose the sushi-menu, and had apricos-soup for starters before a plate eith a variety of well made sushi/sashimi dishes. Finally, the chilled mangosoup with strawberry-sourbet was delicious for dessert! Friendly and great service! Enjoy!

Stavanger, Norway
“Expensive, food just ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

First, we got stopped in the entrance because my boyfriend had shorts on. It was like 25 celsius outside and too hot to wear jeans (and he had a nice shirt on and was better dressed than other that was wearing flip-flops!). Well, he would let us in only to book a table the day after.
The lady in the reception didn't care about the shorts though, and seated us at our table.

We ordered sushi, and our waitress was very helpfull with suggesting what to have. The sushi was good, but not the best I've tasted.
I also had a glass of champagne, at the price of 20 euro!!!!! They we're a bit slow of serving our drinks.

When we were leaving, the doorman was really angry because we didn't listen to him in the first place (and we just had an expensive meal at the restaurant). Why should we care if the other lady didn't mind my boyfriend's shorts?! And, just when we were leaving, he let to other guys in, with shorts! Ironic?

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Xavier R, Directeur d'Exploitation at Buddha Bar, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent evening at Buddha-Bar Paris.

I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals.
I would like to extend my apologies.

I was too surprised to hear that the hostess did not tell you anything about your dress code since it is indeed our policy to not let people in with shorts.

Yet I am appreciative that you brought it to our attention, and make sure I will follow up on that with the concerned people.

Looking forward to see you again.

Sincerlly,